1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gentlemen Sport code...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cunnu79, May 13, 2014.

1. iVG

iVG Alien

Curiously, we didn't even need to hide the password... All guys in this forum seem to be decent and educated drivers. It just proves my point above. Note that even though our pace differs quite a lot, all seem to be on one wave length, race clean, let the faster through or if you're going to 'race' him, do it with style and know when to back off.
    The only crashed I've had there were the teleportation/screen freeze yesterday.

2. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

so where is the host of this server? Im in Canada...just wondering what the ping would be

3. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

think UK

4. iVG

iVG Alien

Keep calm and........

5. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

I with you bro, but 200x200 is a bit extreme, think lowest I used was 640x480

Think it's just a reflection on the way society in general is going; the ADHD, self entitlement culture has seen rl etiquette suffer too

6. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

On fast lap = lights on

7. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

That's very decent of you.
    As a slower driver I tend to try and gauge the situation, if it's early in the session I tend to let faster cars pass regardless, if it's later I'll usually say something like "sozzles mate, I'm 13th on the grid and Mr 14th has a creepy beard, so it would be nice to put more distance between him and myself."

I think generally qualifying is the best time to see how respectful drivers are, I've had numerous occations where people have just lept out of the pit lane (over the white line) and caused me to utterly ruin my lap, and often my car. Whereas I've had times where a good driver has seen I'm on a fast lap, has let me pass and then driven right behind me for the entire lap and not even tried to take the place back, despite obviously being 5 seconds a lap faster than me.

Genius, I'm going to look out for/use that in future. Is that something that's well known or something that you've just made up?

Shrubbo likes this.
  8. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

I toggle it whenever I need to rejoin the track, I dislike racing with it all the time, I tend to race with only the lapcounter, I'm a no-hud racer, but it really is useful, unless you're using TrackIR or a rift it would be near impossible to see if cars are coming when you're rejoining the track.

9. TCLF

TCLF Alien

or just look behind by pressing look left and right at the same time

cunnu79 likes this.
  10. pieroblues

pieroblues Rookie

Try to use the app "Map"

11. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

I race on the forum server from Canada.. I dont have any problems and nobody has complained about me lagging

12. plaid

plaid Alien

As a beginner regarding MP and more demanding physics (before mostly Forza with AI, cause lack of XLive), I dont have the intention to ruin anyones fun, but its honestly a bit hard for me to drive properly and always following this rules at the same time, simply cause my concentration or its kind of a multitasking problem, which probably most here dont have, I assume. While I maybe will learn it, hopefully.

Overall you cant forbid others, that arent as talented and even those rather antisocial racers to play the MP, just simply because they payed.
    While later are really a generall annoyance, former should be tolerated equally, if they dont have the intention to be destructive.
    The only thing to do, is like mentioned numberous times to get control who gets on which server.

Which is my problem:
    At the moment I dont know where to join, so servers for people who arent good but willing to learn, but still make mistakes.
    Are there servers especially for beginners?

PLUS: Regarding singleplayer a driving school would be great that teaches the basics.

13. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Hi mate, Don't worry about your multitasking problem, you'll learn with time(like everyone ;)), immagine a real driver what has to deal with every time, flags,rules,pit engineer,tyres,fuel,heat,g-forces...

In real life there would not be meaning of reminding these basic rules, because you would be afraid of losing your life, and you would look at the mirror not once, but 30 times before exiting pits like a cannon ball, but this is a Sim, and the meaning of this thread is to provide a basic guide line for every pilot on track, so that stupid accidents are limited. Every pilot makes mistakes on track, even the fastest pilots, and they're are accepted as they are, errors, mistakes...
    As for "Beginners Servers", I think there are but really don't know any(sorry)try looking for leagues on the net. I might suggest practising with A.I. at 100% (someone might not like the A.I., but I find their crazy way of driving sometimes similar to what you can get from unexperienced pilots in MP). And don't worry, every pilot is welcome everywhere, and remenber, respect for other drivers is fundamental as they will have for you. See you on track;)

14. right now you might as well join anywhere you want because without a boot key or vote kick there is nothing anybody can do about you being there...

run your pace, watch your mirrors, get out of the way on the next available straight if cars are coming up on you quick....common sense, really

try to find servers that are only a long practice session...this will give you a chance to be on track with other cars without the competitive element of a race

TCLF and cunnu79 like this.
  15. plaid

plaid Alien

Its seriously so, that its hard for me to move a GT3 at the "limit" and quickly think about what to do if it gets tight. Kinda weakness on my side.

I will look for servers, but the people that arent good yet, probably are less organised, which would be maybe good to let hold them away from you. ;)

AI is good for learn do be fast with others, but they often are a bit ruthless and youself dont care about ruin the experience for them.
    So thats actually the problem I think, less arcade-degree-depending (you can be nice there, too) but with most AI's you learn aggressive, risky behaviors without caring for other cars.
    Thats cool in shooters, less so in a racingsim. :)

"See you on track." Ooooh, you dont really want that to happen. :D

I try to drive save, but cause my AI-only experience, my common sense "was" actually to do anything to defend my postition and takeover others.
    As a MP-player for sure its simply common sense.

16. If you are running the same speed as the person behind you than by all means defend you position...just remember though that it you blatantly block, you pay...golden rule.

When you are on track by yourself, practice taking the 'wrong' line through turns as if you were side by side with somebody.

17. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

I like the wildness of the A.I. , you can train avoiding stupid manovers and collisions, and on MP it comes usefull.
    anyway, https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ac-forums-private-trackday-server.9416/

You'll find fast and slow drivers here..all nice people, had the best races here;)

18. KingPin

KingPin Racer

According to Skip Barber´s "Going faster" (which is a great book btw:)) it is not enough to be on 1/2 of the overtaken car at the turn!!
    You should be at LEAST even with the overtaken car at latest at the turn-in point!! Otherwise it is your fault if you´re cut off and cause a crash, because the turn "is not yours" and the opponent is allowed to go for the apex!!
    ...and i think this makes sense because if you´re only half there chances are high that the overtaken driver didn´t even see you!
    Only exception may be in multi-class races if you´re in the much faster car!
    To be clear, as far as i understood, it is not forbidden but you´re to blame if you mess up this risky manoeuvre.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Bræm and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

On the inside at least head to head, on the outside clearly in front. My oppinion.

20. KingPin

KingPin Racer

I agree but in this rules (1st page) it says:

"If you are passing someone on the inside while entering a corner you must have your car at least 1/2 way along side the other car to have the right of way."

Which is wrong in my eyes...

Maxidyne likes this.