1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gentlemen Sport code...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cunnu79, May 13, 2014.

1. roufles

roufles Racer

These are good general rules, but as many have said, people who are reading them wouldn't need to.
    I don't agree with two things tho:
    1) To defend your position you can make one move and then move back to the racing line IF you leave a 1 car gap: http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8683/fia.html
    2) When you are side by side with another car before the turning point the inside car has the apex but must give 1 car space on exit and if you are on the outside, you leave the apex for him. Easy and simple.

Think about Scarperia and Palagio in Mugello. Its very common to reach them pair to pair with another car. If you are on the outside of the first one you expect him to leave for you the apex of Palagio so you should give him the outside in return.

2. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I'd have to disagree a little with this one.
    The way most leagues that I participate in word it is; "If the passing car's front bumper is level with or past the lead car's rear bumper, the lead car must leave a cars width between themselves and the edge of the track". In the heat of battle this perhaps isn't followed to the letter, but deliberately not leaving room and closing the door in this situation is considered poor etiquette.
    Both cars are probably on the limit of grip when turning into a corner. You can't really expect the overtaking car to disappear or slow down quicker than they already are or turn in sharper than they already are when they are at the limit of grip. If the lead car doesn't leave room, contact is inevitable.

"otherwise they are entitled to take the normal racing line, which may include pushing you wide." Not very gentlemanly is it?

You should always leave room for others on track and treat others with respect. If it means you lose a place then it's probably because the guy trying to pass you is faster than you. I'm not saying you should pull over and let them pass, they have to work for it, but if they're making a move on you, you really should leave room and avoid contact.
    We aren't playing for money, we're playing for fun.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  3. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Non productive comment...no need to say thx...don't read if you already know this things;)

For the rest:
    1. thx, like it I'll update the thread
    2. good point...It all goes to common sense between drivers, as I see it the cars are side by side and the inner car has the apex, he has the right of the internal line and the external car has to options: 1) try to keep his external line hoping that the other car doesn't go wide or 2) release a bit of gas and let him through...I'm not saying you're wrong...

4. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

already talked about this, at least 1/2 car side, if not internal driver has to back up...the way you put it, I'll have to let pass every pilot that reaches my bumper...

And sorry mate, but I don't "play" for fun or money, I race for satisfaction and race means competition and I love it...;)

Last edited: May 16, 2014
    Mogster likes this.
  5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Have it your way, but you may wish to change the thread title to "Racing Sport Code" as the current title is a little misleading ;)

6. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

I'd love to, but in that case it would be to "Official", and would open a Pandora's Box of links with rules from f1, dtm, gt, nascar, clio cup, tomato challenge...We have the fortune to drive different types of cars, and if we would be really precise , we had to make one sport code for each category, since each car is different and the racing lines change...my idea was something more general, that's why "Gentlemen Sport Code":)
    Obviusly no one is saying that someone has to make it, but I tought it will be usefull to rookies and to give and ideal line of attitude on track to every one...:)

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  7. STM

STM Gamer

i think , aslong ppl with different ping times drive against each other , its hard for everybody to act like a Gentlemen .
    The Rear Mirror (F11) , and the Track Map(APP) , helps a lot to see faster approching Drivers/Cars , even if u get off Track and want to return safely .(without harm any following Cars) .
    If u Get off Track , let the Field pass , even if u are last , im pretty sure other do here and then a mistake too , so u can catch up again .

8. roufles

roufles Racer

I didnt meant to attack you or be rude, reading my coment again can be misleading, I will add more emoticons next time ;)

Can you explain to me why do you think the inner car has the right to go wide and push you out? isnt that the definition of "dive bombing"? I dont understand why you should leave the apex for him..

9. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

I think since the car closer to apex is more on "racing line" than his side-by-side follower he gets the right to fully execute said racing line without need of fearing the other car going along side him trying to cut his line short, but I could be totally mistaken here since I never used a machine on a race track ;)

10. kjelle

kjelle Racer

Dubble post

11. kjelle

kjelle Racer

I think one of the most important comments here are that, if you side by side "gain" the right to the inner line towards apex, you should still leave at least leave one car width on the outside for your competitor to finish the curve. Optimizing the exit would in many cases otherwise lead to push your opponent off track. Apply give and take as usual. Of course my himble opinion.

12. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

It's ok...
    On racing sim you have a field view and a perception and awarnes of what's going on around you very limited, instead of what you get in real life, said that I'll aswer you:
    If the inner car as more or equal 1/2 of his car a side, he has the right to take the inner line, the external driver has to take a more external lane or you 2 crash.simple.
    ok maybe you want to fight for your position, but going on a more wide line makes you slower then the other pilot, and in the moment he goes through the apex he'll pass you, maybe leaving you some space on the exit, but it will end up with you going wide on kerbs and maybe loose more time trying to get some grip back, so it's better to release a bit of gas, let him through, get back on racing line and try to fight on next corners ...I think it's the smartest thing to do, instead of fighting on the external kurbs and possibly spin off track:)

Mogster likes this.
  13. roufles

roufles Racer

that is false, the bigger radius the faster you can go so you have more exit speed and can go on the throtle sooner. It takes similar time to make the corner because the inner pilot travels less distance

barrelbreak likes this.
  14. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Mate, hope it's a joke

15. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

"Rule one: Know your enemy"

Instantly I am captivated by this and will certainly read it all ;)

rge75 and cunnu79 like this.
  16. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

Nice write up!

May I suggest formatting this in to a bullet point version or quick reference?

cunnu79 likes this.
  17. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Thanks, I'll do;)

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I agree with the 1/2 a car length estimate before the next corner being yours. Further back than that and the leading driver may not be able to see you, it's the trailing cars responsibility to get out of it to avoid an accident.

Anyone that's driven a single seater will tell you rear visibility isn't great, frequently the mirrors are ****e....

cunnu79 likes this.
  19. Retrofly

Retrofly Gamer

The main issue I have with dive bombers up the inside, isn't much about occupying the space, the problem comes that they have a tighter line, carrying more speed and have less rotation on the car when they get tot he apex. Sure give them a bit of room and you'll be fine, but you'll find once you reach the apex, the dive bomber on the inside is going way to fast and will just underseer accross the track crashing into you.

Happened to me at Imola yesterday at the first chicane. I was defending the inside and adjsuted my speed accordingly and we both went round together side by side.

The next right the other guy had the apex, I gave more than enough room on the inside for him but on the apex he understeerd accross the track taking me out.

Its frustrating becuase you're making such an effort not to hit only to get t-boned. Sometimes I just let them go, even if I knwo they are slowerm you know that theyw ill make a stupid move so you've got to just back out let them get on with it and get it back later.

20. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

I know what you mean. On that 2nd apex he probably went on kerbs and started jumping on the side going wide...I'll remind you one of the tips:
    • If you're trying to defend your position against someone you regard as a nutter, there's nothing wrong with letting them through. The end result can be a lot more pleasing than having the inevitable happen.

See you on track ;)

Mogster and Radfahrer like this.