1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

German GT-Pro testing Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by falkeGT, Nov 16, 2017.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Lmao. Anyway, great vid really awesome to hear from pro driver, especially of the very same car

He mentioned briefly he will do Nordschleife video later, if he actually does that maybe we'll hear more of his thoughts

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    brioche likes this.
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

He did make a video of Nordschleife. Sadly can't understand much. Maybe @Minolin or some other German speaking user can give some summary of his impression?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Rudski likes this.
  3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well.. Actually he's talking very little about AC, and all the time about the actual Nordschleife - comparable to some of the instructor videos you can find.
    About AC he says bumps are overdone, and that he'd like to take the GP-shortcut before the Nordschleife lap.

But if you watch the way he drives his 2nd lap in the sim, it may be more important what he does not say about AC and it's Nords ;)

After_Midnight and mms like this.
  4. AC's tyres don't like bumps. That alone might make bumps feel "overdone".

5. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Is he talking about car reaction to bumps or FFB output?

6. quakeguy

quakeguy Hardcore Simmer

Is he still at 50% boost for road? (he was in his first ac vid, afaik)

mms likes this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

he says that the bumps are too much. nothing more.o_O
    first i thought - yeah. cool. here comes good information.:)
    but after this video i dont like him and his attitude.:(
    he cant remember the names of the corners (kallenhard) - he calls them piff paff - in german we say - he is not the "hellste kerze auf der torte" (isn't the brightest bulb in the box) - hope i am not too harsh - but... emm.... completely dislike him.:confused:

interesting to see how he drives, but nothing outstanding.:rolleyes:

and to drive around nords, saying i try it in ac and giving us nearly NO input bout the software. ridiculous! :confused:

8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I wonder if he means the actual bumps in terms of physics and handling or if it might be a visual thing.

By now I'm using RealHeadMotion since quite a long time and the first time it didn't work I couldn't stand driving because of all the visual bouncing of the track.
    Maybe that is one factor that makes him think it's too bumpy.

9. Opel-King

Opel-King Racer

He means the right-left between "Kalenhard" and "Dreifach rechts"! This has no official name. But "Piff Paff" and "Spiegelkurve" are often used.
    Nochmal auf Deutsch: Er meint die rechts-links Kombination zwischen Kalenhard und der Dreifach rechts, die auch "miss hit miss" genannt wird. Einen offiziellen Namen hat die Kurve nicht. Piff Paff, wie auch "Spiegelkurve" sind aber gängige Namen.

xela1, LeDude83, aphidgod and 2 others like this.
  10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

If road feedback is 50% no wonder if bumps feel overdone. They are just laserscanned so how can it be overdone, it is what it is

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Its the third video I see by him, the others were about over AC and RR. He is not an expert in sim racing, and readily admits that. He also refuses to get limited in his fun experienced with both sims by becoming too nitpicking about experts' views on details, in other words: he sees it all a bit more relaxed than some of us, and has a more laid back attitude.

That he knows that he can any time go back to the real thing and drive it in the real world, may have something to do with his over-relaxed attitude. ;) :D

He said in the other two videos he wants to do some videos as tutorials on how to set up a car, and what to do in order to achieve what effect. If he does that, it could be interesting.

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

His XBox also runs AC quite stuttery, you see it in the video. I wonder whether he mistakes that for track bumpiness!?

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, the last video didn't stutter, so it might have something to do with the capturing/ editing.

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

if i am wrong i must apologize. :(

but it sounds so... dunno how to say it exactly in english ... so uninspired. :confused:

maybe i am on the (in german) falschen dampfer....o_O

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I associate Piff Paff with Spa, even though I don’t know wich actual corner bears that nickname.
    But yeah, I heared it once or twice mentioned in connection with Nords.
    I like Spiegelkurve better.

Schnipp likes this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Pif Paf is the left-right on Spa between Pouhon (fast double left) and Stavelot (2 turns before the section to Blanchimont).

Although the actual name I've seen as Campus and (Les) Fagnes.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

tbh it's hard to take his videos seriously with those graphics and the insane stutterso_O

18. xela1

xela1 Racer

Best is at 7:41 "I feel myself as I've driven in real" (Ich fühle mich als wäre ich echt gefahren). Great compliment for the simulation value of AC