1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Getting better FPS with a full grid> 23!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Jan 21, 2014.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

so i know many of us have dabbled in unlocking the quickrace menu, but did anyone try a full grid of cars...

I did and i fair at 60 fps with the special events... but full grid a averaged around 40! Noyt a problem i may only play 16 cars (my 60fps limit) in the real game..

Either these unlocked cars and tracks arent fully graphically optimised, or my cpu will struggle with this..

What would you suggest losing first in the GFX.. i have:
    reflections and shadows on med as it is.... also AA x4 FXAA x2 AF x8.. blur 0

just wanna see what the experienced pc users do with their settings and how they know what to lose first?

cheers

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room The best is getting even better Oct 27, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos A.I Getting Better? Had a Good Race Today. Apr 16, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Getting better visibility in Multiplayer using medium effects. Sep 20, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues A.i getting better but needs.... Nov 5, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Getting brake data to look right in Track Attack Dec 4, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Which game to play and advice for getting good Oct 9, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I keep getting kicked from races Apr 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions when are we getting the next Update ? Setups still broken Jan 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Getting crash, when launching AC as 64bit. Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox Series S - keep getting kicked from GPortal. Sep 17, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Keep getting Fatal Error [faulty RAM] Sep 12, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Keep getting disconnected Mid Race Aug 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Interested in getting a copy also on console, but is telemetry data saved somehow? Jul 12, 2022
    ACC Physics Please Devs fix the contact system, it's getting more and more frustrating to race like this Jul 6, 2022
    ACC Physics Getting stuck in second on Indianapolis exiting turn 11 Jul 4, 2022

3. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

I'd try reflections on low, faces per frame 1. I have AF at 4x, this helps a lot surprisingly, and I even think it looks better in a lot of situations.

People have reported that lower shadow helps a lot, it didn't on my system.

KS will bring more gfx options in the next update, mainly smoke settings, which will help a lot.

4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

cheers thomas just the sort of answer i was looking for.... tbh i didnt see much difference between af 8 and 16 only fps... I have faces at 1 already ....Theres a neat reflection on the formula car tyre that you lose on low but suppose to save FPss i could sacrifice that.

isnt the smoke already lores.. you can see the pixels, funny enuf smoke doesnt gove me slowdown not even at first chicane at monza...

5. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Your CPU wont be strong enough thats for sure, the AI are very CPU dependant. I have my 3570K running at 4.8ghz and a GTX780 running faster than a Titan and i struggle at times on my triple setup, well stay locked at 60 but if i unlock then the frames go from like 140 with the special event to about 90 with full grid.

6. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

looks like ill be running 16 car grids lol

7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

how bad does AC look without HDR, what does this exactly effect?

8. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

To be honest it still looks great, you just dont see the headlights and brake lights nicely, they just appear as block colour, Will this be change @AC Support ??

9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

so does it not affect lighhting through trees or lens flare or sunlight effects?

10. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

No, it darkens and lightens the cockpit and sky really, you wont get the glare from the sun in the sky etc.

11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

could sacrifica this and the x8 AF... may get a few more cars on the grid.. funny my options are not far off yours, apart from sync and aa x4

12. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Just comes down to my slightly newer hardware i suppose! Yes drop AF and HDR and you should be good.

13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

If I turn off HDR the whole picture is extremely dark. So I stay with HDR on...

14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I tried full grid in triple screen 3d: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/sli-and-fps-drops-with-update-0-5.5288/page-3

15. goldtop

goldtop Racer

I found that setting the game to run on high priority in task manager made a significant improvement to my fps and made everything run much smoother. I turned off smoke in the ini iirc and turned down world detail and this also helped. I get a steady 59 fps (locked) with up to 18/20 opponents on the grid.

16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I wanted to try this out and change the CPU-priority. But if I change to task-manager during a race by either "ALT-TAB" or "STRG+DEL" I can change the priority but I can't get back to race because the screen is either black or extremely flickering (hurts in the eyes)!

Playing in 3D-surround though, but I think this behaviour is not normal (perhaps a reason for my performance/SLI-issues too?)...

The only way to change the priority is after starting a race, right? In taskmanager I see processes for the Assetto-Corsa-Launcher (this is the wrong process, right?) and the asc.exe, which is only visible if I started a race. I would have to change the priority on the asc.exe, right? And it is also not possible to change the priority before starting the whole game, so it must be done every time you start the game, or is there a possibility to change it, save it and it remains?

17. goldtop

goldtop Racer

I just tried this again Mike. I managed to get into task manager by alt tabbing and cont alt del'ing a couple of times. acs exe was actually set to normal priority so I set it to high priority and returned to grid to find I had a big fall in fps o_O Now I'm confused. I might well be thinking of GTL/GTR2 as I've been playing with settings in those games recently, if that's the case I apologise for causing confusion.

18. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Until now 12 cars are only supported and fully optimised i guess.
    Improvements will come for sure to play MP, you need full grid :)

I get around 30 fps (same graphic settings) but my CPU is from Januar 2010 - exactly 4 years old :p
    I am very happy with the fps.

19. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Afx4 looks absolutely horrid. Maybe you have a low quality screen or bad eyesight but AFx4 is unnaceptable for me, the lines are blurry, textures look horrid. Even at 8x it's not that great. 16xAF is great though and I don't see a huge performance hit.

20. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Changing CPU priority won't do anything.

21. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

is the max cars i can race against only 12? some folk say been racing more than that but i set it too more than a grid of 12 it crashes, anyway to get more ai with creating a special event?