1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gfx settings ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Shaun Clarke, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

I have played around with settings so much, that I have lost what I thought was the ultimate setting for my hardware. Didn't help with my MB going bang, so have had to start again, so need general advice please.

As you can see from my signature my hardware, but I am now going to post my AC settings for GFX. Can you advise if this is what you would do?? It seems smooth, no stuttering (only tested in single mode practice)

Res = 1920x1080 @59Hz
    Full Screen redering
    Vertical Sync
    Limit to 59 FPS
    AF x 8
    AA x 4
    World Detail - Max
    Shadow = Medium

Enable PPE = Sport
    Overall EQ = Ultra
    Glare = Ultra
    DOF = Ultra
    Colur Sat = 100%
    Motion = Off
    Crep = Off
    Heat = Off
    FAA = Off

Mirror Reflection = Normal
    HQ Mirror Ticked
    reflection Qual - Low
    Reflection Rend = Static

Cheers guys

Fordie

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting How to reset gfx-settings to default settings? May 22, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions ACC could greatly benefit from adaptive GFX settings Apr 8, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds default graphic settings? (gfx/ pp) May 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Recommended GFX Settings May 3, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Only 24fps constantly, no more even at lowest gfx settings Mar 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Gfx settings - expert advice required Nov 14, 2015
    Chit Chat Room New gfx settings since upgrade Jul 27, 2014
    ACC Virtual Reality Weird gfx/colour Issue when using Oculus Rift. Mar 19, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Really don't get the way GPU/GFX works in this game even with 50% overhead Jun 18, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Deep GFX config changes? Mar 13, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions ACC GFX discussion Nov 14, 2018
    Chit Chat Room 1/15/2018 minor gfx update. Mar 14, 2018
    Bug reports LaFerrari GFX glitches May 8, 2017
    Suggestions PP effects as individual GFX options Jan 1, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Audio/GFX Bugs with AMG GT3/312T + Tracks Aug 27, 2016

3. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

preview.jpg
    Edit the video ini in your my documents cfg/

[CUBEMAP]
    SIZE=512
    FACES_PER_FRAME=6
    FARPLANE=50

farplane reduced for better performance, allows uses to use better car paint reflections rather than static paint

Weather1.ini in Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
    reduce the cloud count to increase performance.

Sound edits...
    assetto_corsa.ini
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

edit the MAX_CHANNELS=64 to MAX_CHANNELS=32
    Fewer channels means fewer sounds but faster performance

speaking of sounds, go into your audio cards options (sound manager)
    and make sure your default settings are 16bits,44100 hz (cd quality)

now for track edits.

edit the cameras ini files.
    original ini
    NEAR_PLANE=1
    FAR_PLANE=5000
    DOF_FACTOR=4
    DOF_RANGE=250
    DOF_FOCUS=100
    DOF_MANUAL=0

Edited cameras

NEAR_PLANE=0.5
    FAR_PLANE=3000
    DOF_FACTOR=0
    DOF_RANGE=0
    DOF_FOCUS=0
    DOF_MANUAL=0

the far plane, is like far clip the draw distance.
    less far plane means reduced distance but faster performance.

with the minor edit you might be able to increase your settings.
    Setting are down to personal taste of the user.

Happy racing :)

hazardic likes this.
  4. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Cheers KillZoneGB, never heard of some of them changes, will give them a bash

Fordie

5. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

hope it works out for ya fordman, ive managed to increase my down sampling res, shadows to high and what not.

Smooth and able to record @ 60fps, multi player no slow downs or stutter`s

I could get over 120fps on my native res (1360X768), but I like the extra space with down sampling (60fps and above 24 AI)

(1.09RC: all my textures are 16bit)

^^ Example of using 20 clouds, and some modified track camera`s (far clip 3000)
    Shadows are set to High, you will notice sometimes the Chain Links casting shadows on the car, in certain places.
    Bellow high you wont see the effect, Ultra they seem be to sharp imho.

anyhoo you get the jist, and BTW how did you get on?

(Sorry for the 720p quality and youtube mucked up the conversion, I wanted to keep the bandwidth down. music is a snipit of a mix I did over 5yr`s ago)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  6. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

<--- sig for the spec + settings

and im trying out some of these cloud tricks now, thx