1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GNU/Linux (Steam OS) support?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 3316V, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Lord Xaffax

Lord Xaffax Rookie

Oh and! If you took a look at Linux two years ago and dismissed it as a gaming OS, look again! With Steam pushing Linux the landscape has changed radically. There are enough good quality native Linux games now to keep you busy quite a while. Just not a hardcore circuit racer yet.

2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I think that it's more likely that AC1 will gain rain and night support rather than Linux / SteamOS. :p

In addition, have you played a game on Linux that has proper FFB? I don't recall seeing that (and I've run Linux for a long time).
    I've tried ETS2 under Linux, but with the dead feel in the wheel, it's just no fun.

Due to the console support it might be that AC is a bit better prepared these days compared to the state 2 years ago, but afaik PS4 uses an API that is not available on Linux, so you could still question if the effort would be justified.

Don't get me wrong, as a Linux user, I would absolutely love this. Just have strong doubts it'll happen.

3. chakko

chakko Alien

Actually makes ten times more sense than to port to a platform which probably has less than 1 % of the gamers world wide. Actually, it would be very bad for the other 99 %, because time, money and effort would have to be spent, which has to be subtracted from the effort flowing into the more popular platforms.

4. I'd say they have exactly equal opportunities to happen :p exactly the same number.

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That was what I wanted to say with that. ;)

6. GeraArg

GeraArg Simracer

You are bad guise :p
    Some day will be de "year of the linux desktop". :rolleyes:
    BTW the PS4 run a modified version of FreeBSD, so the AC runs also over a good OS, not GNU/Linux but a lovely Unix. :cool:

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, but they got their own APIs afaik and those aren't available on normal BSD or Linux. :(

8. 3316V

3316V Alien

Are you saying that we are going to have a native Linux version of AC AND night/rain? :eek:

9. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I think (know) he's saying that cows will grow wings and starts flying before AC will get any of those features.

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  10. chakko

chakko Alien

That's a shame. Any reason why you so categorically refuse the implementation of wet weather? I know that a lot of people want it, in any sim.

11. it has been explained at least 1 million times and it boils down to: it never was an intended feature for AC 1.x . I have absolutely nothing against any feature including rain, night, snow or anything else you might think about.

mms and Steffen Lauge Sørensen like this.
  12. AC 2.0: The Great Flood

Due to overwhelming demand, AC 2.0 features rain. A lot of rain.

Featuring advanced engine flooding physics.

13. chakko

chakko Alien

Alright, so i figure that it'd be too complicated to implement in AC? Sorry for asking a millionth time, but, i'm not frequenting this forum so much that i ever read an official statement about it. :)

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

AC2: Your Sailing Simulator
    ... where did I hear that before? ;)

15. do you read any official statement from other companies about why they don't have every feature that people ask in their software that has been out for 4 years?

Virus82 and mms like this.
  16. chakko

chakko Alien

Well, why post something in the first place then, or post sarcastic memes about how the implementation of wet weather is as likely as a Linux version of AC? :p

If you don't want to talk about it, or it's a sensitive topic for you, ok, understood. I can understand that it becomes annoying to answer the same question again, and again. But, maybe you understand that it is a popular request. At least ten times more popular than *cough cough* a Linux version.

17. because this thread was having a relaxed and entertaining time until you came here, and even if you got your answer you decided to be butthurt about it demanding some sort of "official answer" as if one was required.

18. pouring rain (obviously in the middle of the night) will be the only option :D

Berniyh, Minolin and garyjpaterson like this.
  19. Looking forward to the advanced water evaporation physics. Particularly noticeable when the rain interacts with the heat of the headlights, illuminating the rising steam.

Equally as exciting is the wiper blade degradation, can't wait to burn through a new set of Bosch's.