1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Google Stadia could be great platform for ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by 1nProgress, Mar 20, 2019.

1. LRM

LRM Simracer

Stadia what ? we can't even watch a 1080p youtube video with our 2Mbps mainstream connection here. :rolleyes:

Hell no for me.

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

No it wouldn't ever get banned, hell the damage to society (when ad-based services vanish over night, not when ads get banned :D ) is not even calculatable.
    My point is that ads in general do not generate any value, they just shuffle around focus and revenues. But there's big money in it, and as soon as there is much more money than value involved, we see a bubble that can burst.

For Google (and FB and whatever) the big risk is when some of the major players do the experiment to stop spending on internet ads for a given timeframe, and compare if their net profit drops below what they used to spend. If the economic wisdom then says "don't pay for those ads", they have to stop feeding google, and possibly are an interesting example for others, causing a chain reaction. And my feeling is that the effect of the internet ads is overestimated - the only source you get your information about are the companies selling those ads. But sure, they are the good guys and would never lie to their customersinterpret reality, no? :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not as much against ad-based services as you may think. It's an elegant way to push an enormous amount of "value" and "wealth" into the world. You can argue about Facebook, but not about a free-for-everyone google maps.
    Ofc. pretending you are a customer while you are the product being sold witout your knowledge is highly unethical, but well... You can't even buy a beer without being cheated today, so....

chksix likes this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm not worried. There's already a suicide problem in Ireland for young men and it has nothing to do with technology, modern society can be really depressing for people, long work hours, little pay, extremely expensive lifestyles to keep up with all the technology, more social pressure to present a happy persona. Technology isn't the problem, it's been nothing but helpful.

Perhaps, for smaller guys like me there's just no going back. To give an example of what costs used to be like for me. A local paper charges €400+ for a half page, €1000 for a half page in a regional London paper, magazines €2000+, €2000 for some radio time, TV is out of the question with our national TV company charging €20,000+ for advertising (even though it's illegal by European rules to have advertising in the first place).

Facebook €30, instant feedback, one sale covers that cost. There's just no comparison, we don't do print anymore, there's no value at all in it for us. If we didn't have online and social media we couldn't afford advertising. Social media works even when your not spending money, we always promote Facebook as a contact method, so our literature will have phone number, email, website, Facebook.

To be fair to Facebook and Google, that's not a secret, we could all just stop using these services but we don't. Facebook isn't that bad anymore, I only get adds about stuff I'm actually interested in and I've found myself clicking on them more and more. Our company is very aware of the fact we're essentially breaking into a private conversation when we show up on peoples feeds, we can separate our advertising on Facebook from our feed so as not to annoy people with irrelevant posts. I don't really see what the problem is anymore. It's a great service and I think it's a fair balance. I haven't actually used adwords properly yet, they seem a bit more complicated but it's on the list.

But I do believe marketing companies are treating people like prey animals, they are studying human behaviour and using it to make us buy shyte, we're grinding u the planet to buy shyte we don't need and I blame marketing companies, they need to be put on a leash.

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Whilst on the surface Google Stadia seems like a brilliant idea for some, for me there is always an underlying agenda when it comes to the likes of Google & co and this is a stepping stone to what they really want to achieve. Total control of your mind! After all these companies where & and are being funded by the military. There is no secret that the likes of Google Ai, Google X and Tesla Neuralink programs want to connect the populations human brain to Ai within the next 10 years or so. It's public record and then there is also what is being worked on background which is not public record. 5G is required to make this Ai agenda happen as current 4G has bandwidth limitations (according to Musk). Please do not label me with the usual dismisses buzz phrase, I invite you to look into it and make up your own mind for yourself.

Straight from the horses mouth:-

Ray Kurzweil Google Ai guru:- https://thenextweb.com/artificial-i...mans-and-machines-will-merge-within-20-years/

Elon Musk - Neuralink:

JRE podcast. I wont post the YT video in case it's discredited however you can look it up.

"I think we'll have something interesting to announce in a few months ... that's better than anyone thinks is possible,"

"It will enable anyone who wants to have superhuman cognition," Musk said. "Anyone who wants."

"How much smarter are you with a phone or computer or without? You're vastly smarter, actually," Musk said. "You can answer any question pretty much instantly. You can remember flawlessly. Your phone can remember videos [and] pictures perfectly. Your phone is already an extension of you. You're already a cyborg. Most people don't realize you're already a cyborg. It's just that the data rate ... it's slow, very slow. It's like a tiny straw of information flow between your biological self and your digital self. We need to make that tiny straw like a giant river, a huge, high-bandwidth interface."

"If your biological self dies, you can upload into a new unit. Literally," Musk said.

"The merge scenario with AI is the one that seems like probably the best. If you can't beat it, join it," Musk said.

Now we already know people are being micro-chipped in countries like Sweden and also in the UK https://www.npr.org/2018/10/22/6588...des-are-inserting-microchips-under-their-skin. Parents are also considering GPS chips for their children due to paranoia and the military has been micro-chipping solders for a while now. How I see this Ai link trans-human agenda being forced to the general population is through the usual oily sell that it is exciting technology and it will make you superhuman and make you more connected to the world and for those in the know and are resistant it will be forced through the likes of employment and welfare. No chip, no Ai link, No Job, No Food etc..

These ideas were written about in books many decades ago. They are starting to fruit which is a major concern for me and humanity moving forward.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  5. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Did you by any chance use google to search for this information? :D

stefanoCasillo and Coanda like this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

warth0g, tjr and stefanoCasillo like this.
  8. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

He's gone on the ignore list.

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

You can't get technology news from the Christians, every piece of technology in history has been labelled "the devil" by them. What's being talked about here is using microchips as devices. Perfectly reasonable use of the technology, if your mobile phone is the size of a chip why not just stick it in your face? There's really no difference between a chip that's a computer and a phone that's a computer other than size.

11. Turk

Turk Alien

Just to clarify on your links. Your not linking to science, your linking to a journalists take on the science, and in this day and age it's not even that, it's a journalists take, on a journalists take, on a journalists take of the science. It's become so twisted and contrived that it's basically useless information.

tjr and After_Midnight like this.
  12. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Where's @Skybird when you need him? :)

sissydriver likes this.
  13. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Where's the ban hammer when you need it..... :rolleyes:

nate and chksix like this.
  14. Sba

Sba Racer

Okay, if you're going to actually listen I may actually be interested in talking.

The focal point here is present in the air at levels exceeding 0.1 ppm. It's still the same problem of "how much" you're actually being subject to. In a vaccine shot there's 15 ppm of formaldehyde on average. Let's say in the air there's 0.1 ppm of formaldehyde. What you need to remember is that with every single breath you're inhaling that 0.1 ppm. Let's say you breath once every 2 seconds. Well, it would take only 5 minutes for you to be exposed to the same 15ppm of formaldehyde, so you see it's a completely different problem. Obviously air pollutants need to be kept at a much lower threshold than "injected" pollutants, because with air it's a chronic exposure, while injection is una tantum.

Same stuff. Yes, there might be traces of a harmful compound, but in such low quantities that it's not going to cause any adverse effect.

The research is available, a lot of it freely, the whole rest on sci-hub.tw, but honestly it's just a waste of time. If you don't have faith that highly trained and skilled professionals who have spent decades studying these topics ALL do not hold our children's safety foremost at heart, there is no way you can ever be convinced your kids are safe.

True, pharmaceutical companies DO have profit as their #1 target, but the people regulating the safety of this industry are all governative or worldwide agencies which have nothing to gain from spreading dangerous substances, this is why we have them.

EDIT: whoops, didn't read that we were told to stay on-topic. Feel free to delete this if you want to avoid going overboard again.

warth0g, Coanda, Dookie and 4 others like this.
  15. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

stadia will be great if they can keep lag to a minimum

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yes me also, feel free to delete. I am not trying to steer this topic off course again and I do not want to be banned from my only active forum. This will be my last post in this thread. Last you will hear about this from me here or anywhere in fact. As I have said before I have never once been active on FB, Twitter, Instagram, YT, Forums so I do reject the label some have given me as being a troll. I will not waste my energy with that type of silly behavior. My opinions on Google & 5G do however remain my opinions and are inline with the OP. Sorry to the AC community that it got steered off course which obviously I played a part in. Obviously some people found it amusing. I did not. This is the first and last time as it has never happened to me over the many years of coming here.

Thank you Sba, I appreciate your professional response to my concerned question. What you said makes sense. I still not understand why HEP-B shot is administered day 1 as my child's mother & I do not have hepatitis-b as we have both been tested for it. I will take this up further with the hospital to see what their reasoning is and find out what HEP-B brand they plan to administer.

I do have a lot of faith in professionals within any industry. To say ALL I don't know about that... Even professionals have differences of opinions or intentions when it comes to science, illness & other types of related topics. Regarding vaccines in Australia (where I no longer live) some professionals voiced up and raised their own concerns from their own medical/science data and beliefs however they were quickly demonized & lost there right to practice whilst not receiving their right to "natural justice". So as you see this can make it even more difficult for parents to understand which side of the argument is right or wrong and it only creates more confusion and paranoia in the public. Every 5 years or so I am hearing about some new science or super-food for example which completely contradicts the science or recommendation previously given, only making it even more confusing.

Now this is where you and me massively dived in opinion and that is ok. In my opinion where there is grotesque amounts of revenue involved and I really do mean grotesque, "worldwide" agencies do have plenty to gain and do not always act in the best interests of the public. There have been many scandals in history on public record to prove that many times over. In one of my firsts posts I already pointed out a proven fact and public record that the Sugar industry were caught out in the 1960's when it paid scientists to fabricate and play down the link between sugar and heart disease and to promote saturated fat as the main culprit instead. Mainly in the name of profit. I do not put my faith in the FDA. When you have people like Michael Taylor working at the head of Monsanto and the FDA this raises alarm bells for me. I have also provided many disturbing quotes from some pretty powerful & influential people that clearly demonstrate that they do not have the best interests of the general population. This type of disturbing behavior really concerns me which is why I will never put 100% faith in any organization, government etc..

Anyway Sba again thank you for your scientific response & link. It is appreciated!

Back to Stadia everyone else.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019