1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gotta hang this game up for now

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by FiyahLinx, Sep 2, 2016.

1. FiyahLinx

FiyahLinx Rookie

Was really looking forward to this game but highly disappointed. Bought it on day one in America. Someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong. First let me start with I've been sim racing a long time so I know how to drive. Have cockpit with full Fanatec set up. In Career mode, I've only made it to the second section. Raced the Z4 and only got second due to what I think is a glitch. Was running 4th place until the two cars ahead of me decided to pit on the last lap going towards the finish line . Anyways, I found no matter how clean and fast I take a line there are certain straights where a car is at least two seconds behind will not only instantly catch up but blast past me. Making it almost impossible to catch him. Next time around the next car will do the same. I can be on the tail of a leading car, take a corner into a straight taking the same line and speed, but once in the straight that car in front all of a sudden gets way ahead of me. Like I said I know how to drive and there's no way that car should of got that far ahead. Then, the set up menus are ugly. Looks like something from Playstation 1. Not to mention it only let's me adjust a few things. But I guess you have access to more as you move on. I can go on and on but I'm really not trying to bash because I'd really like for this game to work. The physics is nice and I love the fact the Fanatec handbrake works flawlessly. But even Pcars was a much better game at launch with all its bugs. Which I'll be going back to until this game is fixed. Back, which reminds me, is there a button to look back? I can only look to the sides. Some cars sound great while others don't. But the tires losing traction does sound good. Again, not trying to bash, I just want this game to work right. I'm not getting any adrenaline rush while playing but more of just can't wait for the race to end.

SvenUilhoorn likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room 2017 Porsche RSR -- you gotta try it! Mar 9, 2018
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to change your players name? Wednesday at 9:17 AM
    ACC Multiplayer ACC dedicated server race start hangs, but only on Nordshleife Saturday at 6:06 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Hange/freeze on selecting Drive after update 1.10.1 Apr 5, 2024
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Misano skybox repeatedly flashes/flickers to black, skybox texture changes Jan 4, 2024
    ACC Physics Asphalt temperature does not change tire temperature and pressure Dec 2, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Server in Content manager not allowing change of final rtatio Oct 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing steer lock doesn't work with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Physics BOP changes make little sense Jul 21, 2023
    ACC Physics Brake Cooling Performance Change on Brake Change in Pits Jul 21, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Brake Gamma change not working Jul 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Car Selection Screen - Competitor Name does not refresh on selection change Jun 19, 2023
    ACC General Discussions ACC Updates NO changelog ?? Jun 14, 2023

3. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I'm afraid you've encountered 2 of the game balancing problems with the console version of the game. You don't say what difficulty level you are playing on.

For that N2 Career Z4 race on PC at the easiest AI level 80% the AI run their fastest laps at 1.58.6, on console at the Easy difficulty they run at 1.49.6 (M3) if you played at higher difficulties this drops by about 1.5 seconds per lap for each level of difficulty increase. Some events are more affected than others. It looks very much as if the career and special event modes were untested and several high quality reviews such as Eurogamer and IGN have picked up on exactly this. The pit in is a another bug apparently carried over from early PC versions.

The reality is there is a lot to sort out and this could take quite some time. If you enjoy the physics and hot lapping (without leaderboards...) they are the main attraction of the game right now.

No doubt someone else will be along from the pc lobbies in a moment to tell you you just need to 'git gud' and all will be fine.

majuh, cerebralvortex and FiyahLinx like this.
  4. FiyahLinx

FiyahLinx Rookie

I started playing on Hard. Then moved to Medium then Easy. The cars blasting by happens on Nurburg ring. First in the long straight before the chicane then in the straight at the start/finish. Like I said, doesn't matter how clean and fast I take the line being on the lead car's bumper. It will easily gain at least two seconds ahead and the car way behind will blast past me. I'm now racing the E30 M3. Half way through the first lap I can reach about 5th place but by the end of the race I'm far last. Again this isn't my driving. I do absolutely fine on the same track on Pcars (PS4) and Forza 6 (Xbone) . I have the XBone version of AC. Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

MBK72 likes this.
  5. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

You might as well give up on the E30 M3 race that is one of the worst for this balancing issue, the lap times you need on Xbox/PS4 are improbable if not impossible. If you want to pass the race, restart the race and the AI cars will probably pit, but who wants to cheat to win eh!?

The M3 and 1M events are passable as are the Time Attack, which is flawed because all you need to do is back off on lap on and show lap time improvement to keep going almost indefinitely.

Good luck with the KTM series in N3...

6. Jaye

Jaye Alien

If it's the same car and you are much slower on the straights, there are several possible reasons:
    - little hardware failure (did you check if you get full throttle when pressing the pedal? can be fixed with a little bit of deadzone)
    - car setup (do you adjust aero and gearing per track? Nurb is a low wing track, but doesn't need so much topspeed. With a wrong setup you can have a much worse acceleration compared to others)
    - driving failure (e.g. missing the apex or not enough throttle at corner exit, could also be a car setup problem if you're struggling there)

7. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

o_O...here we go again...a pc based answer, the AI difficulty has been set much higher on the console version, known issue and the E30 M3 is much slower on the straights than the other cars (z4, E92 M3, 1M) in this race.

If you want to read more try here:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...unbalanced-too-difficult-vs-pc-version.35948/

And here:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ancing-n2-series-e30-m3-ring-sprint-gt.35852/

8. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Just wanted to help... And I didn't see a word of him playing career or driving versus different cars.

By the way:
    Look back should be pressing both buttons (look left + look right)

MBK72 likes this.
  9. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Fair enough, we'll blame the devs for making the two versions of the game different without explanation. Everything you suggest is sensible if all things were equal.

I'm not sure that look back will work on console as look left and right are left and right on the d-pad, pushing them together could be tricky, worth a try though.

10. There should be some kind of control scheme diagram somewhere, is there no look back button assigned on it?

11. Horus

Horus Alien

We have had all these, and more, issues at the start with the PC version, there are still a few niggles but they do not impact on the racing. I would give Kunos a few updates on the console to sort 90% of them out. Stick with it, you will not be disappointed. :)

Octane and LeDude83 like this.
  12. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Believe it or not no there isn't and at present you can't so much as reassign the buttons. I can take a screenshot if anyone cares that much. Proper schoolboy error by the devs this one.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  13. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Yes but that was in Early Access, this is meant to have been a full launch. Shame they didn't make use of the Xbox One Preview program (you still have to pay for the game as in Steam EA).

14. Horus

Horus Alien

No mate, we have had a few more bugs/issues through the years (otherwise this forum would be empty). It matters little as Kunos do not like sleep they just keep working 26 hours, 7 days a week. :D

MBK72 likes this.
  15. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Incredibly this actually works, if you can manage to push both left and right on the wheel dpad together you can look back. Most of the time you either get left or roght but if you push both buttons hard enough you do indeed look back. It would be as good as impossible to use during a race though unless you've got some serious dexterity or maybe an extra hand.

Jaye likes this.
  16. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

On the wheel you get the choice of either DRS or Handbrake.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the pad you get a different choice of gear change (no clutch so not sure how that works in the many Auto Clutch off multiplayer rooms) and a look back button.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also if you cycle through the controls you lose your advanced settings such as FFB, curbs etc! Brilliant.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  17. FiyahLinx

FiyahLinx Rookie

While I did notice the E30 was slower, I had the same problem with the Z4. Regarding the look back button, I'm using a Fanatec CSL P1 wheel and that has a joystick instead of buttons for a dpad .

18. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

CSL P1, nice wheel. Yep you won't be able to push left and right at the same time with the stick, it's not really a useable option with the dpad anyway. Try the Z4 event again on easy and see how you get on.

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Do yourself a favor and try the ai in quick race and race weekend mode! You will find it much more competitive and fun to race against.

Horus likes this.
  20. Well, we should all listen to this excuse again..."We are just a tiny development team and it's our first time on consoles..." Ok, then don't charge full price and pretend the game was finished!!!

FiyahLinx and MBK72 like this.
  21. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Round and round and round we go....:confused::rolleyes:

Horus and Octane like this.