1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

gpl owner says thank you Kunos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by brause, Jul 21, 2016.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I haven't tried the MasterRat yet, but from what I gather it's far more difficult to drive (and in sum total slower) than the Lotus 49. Most people don't want a car where they are sideways all the time. The Lotus strikes a nice balance of skill and fun for me.

There's also a matter of appropriate tracks. Using the Maserati on modern tracks presents it with corner layouts that the tires and chassis of 50 years earlier can't possible cope with. Snailing round chicanes is not what people think is fun, but let them rush trough villages on the long straights of Spa... that's a different feeling entirely.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Mogster likes this.
  2. Is it even legal for a mod group to be selling payware based on Assetto Corsa?

Compared to the Maserati 250F, the Lotus 49 sticks to the track like glue!

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes, their stuff seems to be bad conversions from other sims Forza to AC, AC to RF2...

4. fabT

fabT Alien

Looks so.
    Sorry i should have double checked.

Better staying away.

Mogster likes this.
  5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I admit I bought the GP 1967 mod before learning more about them and their origins. It was the same carset I ran in RF2, where it was a private conversion in beta, authorized by the RF1 modder. I've since had a very negative experience with their work ethics. Half of a mind to put their stuff just online somewhere, as they have no business selling unauthorized conversions of other peoples work. In fact I believe these cars ARE online for free somewhere.

That said - I regret to admit it - for AI competition the mods look decent enough. They were slightly upgraded from RF1, and I modified the physics a bit to match them better with the Lotus. It feels different to race cars of different shapes and performance level than to race cars that all have the unmistakeable rear appearal of the Lotus and a lap time within the same second.

6. McCloud888

McCloud888 Rookie

Would love a GPL DLC too. I heard on the cat dragged in that Stefano and his colleagues loved GPL also so we just never know eh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk