1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GPU prices... is this going to kill PC gaming?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by arthur666, Feb 1, 2018.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yeah I agree.

These days I rather buy stuff like lawn mowers, vacuum cleaners and diapers, though :-D

2. Whatever floats your boat mate :p

3. mms

mms Alien

You mean you upgrade your lawn mower to be able to mow on ultra settings and stutter-less? :D:D:D

Turk, LeDude83, Schnipp and 2 others like this.
  4. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

AMD you mean.
    Freesync comes essentially for free, FW upgrade, most monitors support that. Not good enough reason for me personally to abandon NVidia brand even that my monitor has it.
    Plus driver Adaptive Sync always worked pretty good, and with prerendered frames at 1, latency is a history.

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

no sadly it’s not. The input lag is very noticeable with adaptive Vsync. I even had a Gsync Monitor which was crap. I rather endure some tearing than suffer input lag. >120 fps is the way to go here.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Here we go again, FFB and VSync are favorite sim racing subjects. :)
    Just stated my experience on my system, playing twitchy FPS, etc. With prerendered queue at 1 it's never a problem. Just make sure VSync is disabled in game and only driver Adaptive sync is used.

Here's another trick you can use if that is not enough.
    https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/poor-mans-g-sync-freesync.149913/

For me it made no difference vs traditional Adaptive Vsync + queue at 1, YMMV.

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

But it will make a difference compared to all the multi versions of sync set to off.
    I’ve tested it more than enough, I can feel the lag. And I don’t like it.

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

P.S.: I can even feel lag at 60 fps, therefore I stated >120fps is the way to go. Or at least try to reach 90 fps. That way it is at least playable for me, but not perfect.

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yeah me too. The Vegas are still too pricey right now.

11. Typer

Typer Simracer

arthur666, Cote Dazur and LeDude83 like this.
  12. ....or more likely, graphics card prices will return to normal. In other words, still too high :mad:

mESCx and arthur666 like this.
  13. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Cote Dazur and arthur666 like this.