1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GPU prices... is this going to kill PC gaming?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by arthur666, Feb 1, 2018.

1. ACorsa1

ACorsa1 Gamer

Indeed.
    And for the current price of a gtx1080 you can buy an Alienware Aurora complete build with a 1080 inside, ready to go shipped to your door free.
    Prebuilds are becoming very attractive.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pc...e-aurora-with-a-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-for-1395/

2. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

Thank you sir, good vid.

3. That huge warehouse is a depressing sight :(

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    hristo1026 likes this.
  4. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I was gunna buy an asus strix 1080ti oc for £944 delivered... went back 2 hours later and the bastards have upped the price by £50!!

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Tiago Lima likes this.
  5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Have bought my system three months ago. One third of the price was the gfx board alone.

However, its a hell of a beast. Critical question is how long it will live.

arthur666 likes this.
  6. £1000 for a graphics card is laughable. I wouldn't even pay half that.

7. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Seems like pre-built systems are the way to go anyway. When time comes, I'll do that and pass my machine along to someone else in my household.

8. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Hopefully my one year old GTX 970 came with a 5 years warranty... :eek: :oops:

9. esox71

esox71 Alien

Sent one of them back, fan system was crap, even with custom fan loop the fans are really loud.

10. esox71

esox71 Alien

If your happy seeing only half of what I do then laugh away :p

11. I don't need a £1000 graphics card to run stuff at 1920x1080 resolution, and I am certainly not going to pay extortionate amounts of money for a 1060. The sooner this BitCoin BS takes a nose dive into oblivion, the better.

12. esox71

esox71 Alien

There will be defo loads a cards 2nd hand...no doubt, to keep ultra graphics on most games @ 144fps you need a 1080ti or there abouts dude.

13. Ah, well.....I don't need 144fps ;)

14. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I have 1440p @ 120/144hz plus i run a rift..

You dont “need” a 1080ti, my older 980ti was fine but graphics were usually set to medium etc..

Managed to borrow a pair of 970ti’s for now so hopefully that will suffice until this bitcoin rubbish blows over.

I was readng as well that you naturally get a lull in gpu production in jan/feb every year due to china having holidays then, but having this bitcoin buzz has just made it worse..

Roll on spring

esox71 likes this.
  15. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

3 days ago I spilled a full glass of Powerade on my gaming laptop while it was running. I consider myself the luckiest person on the face of the earth that after letting it dry for 24 hours the laptop booted and runs just fine - I'm using it right now. I had no idea about this GPU price increase...Not only would this have been the worst possible time for me to need to replace my laptop, but now seeing what prices are for good GFX cards? FML.

hristo1026 likes this.
  16. esox71

esox71 Alien

GTX 980ti is a beast of a card, does anyone think nvidia lessen the ability of older cards, with drivers?
    Also, when I got this 1080ti I was in the mind...."Ohh 10 times more powerfull blah blah"...,,it's just not.

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Scan have GTX 1080s in stock for £649 now. Maybe the prices have peaked.

arthur666 and Cote Dazur like this.
  18. Orne

Orne Alien

Not to mention what this BS is doing to the environment.

Andrew_WOT, LeDude83 and arthur666 like this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

My main concern, really. It makes me sad to see resources wasted on **** like this.

20. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

The underlying blockchain technology is revolutionary (decentralized and independent of central banks); however, it is in its infancy to properly replace the scale of credit card transactions. One can appreciate it more if you look at the Austrian School of Economics. The way I see it is that Bitcoin is similar to the Benz Motorwagon. Once chemistry (gasoline), engine technology, and vehicle design were improved it revolutionized the world. Some could argue that the automobile has contributed to greenhouse effect; however, it has improved our lifestyle.

misterbeam likes this.