1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GPU - Worth trying with a GTX 1060?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Riverside1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Riverside1

Riverside1 Rookie

Mine has 3Gb, have tried several different settings (CPU is quadcore with 12Gb), not only doesn't get more than 45-50fps ever, it just looks jagged and hard to drive that way.

Wondering if someone on similar hw has found a way, not changing GPU over just this sim, so I am looking for configuration or small additional investment advice.

Thank in advance.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Worth overclocking the cpu and/or gpu ? Dec 14, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting D3D Error, GPU failing to catch up Mar 7, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU full load and fans at full speed Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error and cant launch game with GPU upgrade [audio device] Feb 1, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Inconsistent frame rate on App Render GPU Time arround 7-9ms Dec 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting LogD3D11RHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. Jun 22, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game returns to main menu after clicking start engine (GPU is supported) Nov 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error on startup with no message [amdxx64.dll crash - gpu driver reinstallation] Oct 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close, text: Fatal error! [audio crash + 1 gpu driver crash] Oct 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU 100% in VR on menu screens - since downloading American tracks Sep 7, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ACC GPU usage 100% on initial menu Sep 7, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Why is my GPU underused Aug 17, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Random Fatal Errors [GPU overclock] Jul 31, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crash Game [GPU times out and hangs] Jul 9, 2022

3. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

I have the 6gb version of the 1060 and an i5 6600k. The game runs at 40 to 110 FPS in single player depending on the graphics settings. In multiplayer I get stutters but this is apparently fixed by updating the GeForce drivers, but I haven’t done that yet.

4. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Would be helpful if you added your screen resolution.

For my 4k Screen, even with upsampling from 2k, my 1060 6Gb is really struggling at medium settings (stuttering in rain races, fps 30-40 I guess), I see a 1080 TI in my future at least.

But I expected this as the 1060 is even below recommended specs.

5. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

I also own a GTX 1060 6GB, playing in 2560 x 1440.

For me its playable in FPS Ranges about 30-40 FPS - by far not the optimal speed but it works for me.

Unfortunately the Special Event with 20 cars is NOT playable because shortly after the start the framrate drops to 1FPS.
    I'am not sure whether this is a bug or a performance hit because of my graphic card.

Races work when i tune down the opponent number to 10. At 11 the 1 FPS thing comes into play.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

What is your CPU? Also 1060 3 or 6 Gb? 4k?

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

without opponents stable >50fps with everything epic and shadows high /mirror off. sometimes drops to 40.
    if shadow to low stable 60 - 70fps with drops to 50.
    have not tested rain and night and other cars.
    since update to 416.xx nvidia driver for me (coming from a gtx 750ti) really enjoyable and i am satisfied (atm ;)).

8. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

I own a GTX 1060 6GB, playing on a monitor in 1440p.

9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Similar to me, so dropping so low in a race is either a CPU limit or there is something seriously wrong.

10. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

So, what essentially is the best thing to do?
    Upgrade the components or wait and have patience for optimization?

It would be very helpful if Kunos could give a little hint
    if the performance issues are real issues or are
    grounded generally in inferior hardware on the user side.

At the moment i can not really decide to upgrade or not.

Are there any official threads or statements about the current performance variance,
    so as a user you are able to make an educated decision? Or did i miss something.

11. nightfire275

nightfire275 Gamer

In my mind chasing better performance in an early access game shouldn't be the only reason for an upgrade of any sort. If you feel like you'd benefit in other titles you play now then go ahead, but if not, you'd be much wiser to be patient and see how late dev cycle optimisation (which happens on all games) brings up performance. If things are still an issue come 1.0, then you have reason to safely upgrade.

UE4 titles have a history of iffy early access performance and I'm convinced this is no different. I'm close to certain no PC system right now can run a full grid race at night and wet weather locked to 90 fps in VR, and when it is no fault of the hardware thrown at it, then it is down to the game engine itself.

Optimisation is not a priority for game development until content and features are finalised, as there's no point optimising something that could be undone by adding a new car or track to the mix. There could still be a few builds before this is addressed by Kunos, but yeah, best play the waiting game. By next March you could also find better GPUs for cheaper and whatnot so there's always that benefit too.

12. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

Hi nightfire275,

many thanks for your reply.

I did not know that normally optimization stand at the end of a development cycle,
    that is indeed helpful to know! And it is a relieve to know that performance issues
    at this stage seem to be normal and not uncommon.

That helped me a lot for my decision to wait and enjoy - even if enjoyment is capped
    at the magical number 10 :)

Great community we have here by the way!

13. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

I have i5 8400 and 3gb 1060. If you turn settings to a mixture of low, medium and high (turn down the really expensive stuff) and use 1080p I rarely drop below 60fps even with rain and 20 AI. You just need to compromise on some of the graphical nicities!

mailanmanu, Fremen_78 and sissydriver like this.
  14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@mailanmanu

cause patience is my weak side i decided to buy a GTX1060 6GB :rolleyes:
    - it was a little bit gambling cause i dunno if this is enough gpu power to enjoy acc with every race and weather condition. :eek:
    but i dont wanna buy a complete new pc.:(
    so you are not alone (besides the 3gb vs 6gb) ;)

15. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

With some (minor?) compromises I can play at 4K with 1060 6GB and i7 4th gen. Single player it's very close to 60FPS, and full grid multiplayer may drop to 40 in rain condition. I'll post settings latr on.
    On the contrary Replay are way too ow (10-30 fps).
    What I'm suffering is bad tearing, even if it shows 60FPS on 60Hz monitor. Any help on this aspect?

16. touno71

touno71 Rookie

I resolved this by putting frame limits to 60

17. Alex2

Alex2 Gamer

Confirm with same rig

18. Alex2

Alex2 Gamer

also confirm, same rig

19. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

Does it make sense to move this thread to the Graphics Subforum and mark it as Issue, because the experiences seem to be similiar on the same rig settings?

20. Alex2

Alex2 Gamer

doesn‘t make sense to me, the KUNOS guys are focused on other issues. Same to „controller“ settings and horrible deadzone we complain 1 Million times .... I‘m bugged and out

21. chakko

chakko Alien

I wouldn't play with such low FPS. For me, the input lag was much too high. I play on full HD with settings now, which allow me to have 90 to 100 FPS, without any other car on the track. Much better car control.

I think the setting influencing input lag the most is the post processing setting. Could even be that the FPS don't matter at all, but it's just this setting, i'm not sure about that.

sissydriver and Fr0zzen like this.