1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gran turismo 4 EU/US/JP intro (kind of) remake [fixed thread]

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by william1141, Feb 8, 2016.

1. william1141

william1141 Simracer

video watch it in 1440p!:

time lapse (warning extremely long):
    ----------------------------------------
    i personally dislike this one... i don't know why, i've spend alot of time in this project (you will see in the upcoming time lapse)
    also i really did my best. i am serieus but this was a little too hard to remake :(
    -----------------------------------------
    not recommended to watch: EU version
    -----------------------------------------
    alright then here we gonna have the story line of the making of these intro's:

OVERALL (drive of your life part and intro):
    the drive of your life part,
    camera and stabilization problems... and with problems MAJOR PROBLEMS
    it was almost impossible for me to get the car after the logo shake right and stabilized.
    the lines that should be moving in the background were really hard to make
    in total of 271.653 particle render with turbulance simulation, glow and motion blur is not easy..
    also rendering 12 realtime, 1440p video's in AVI uncompressed format is almost not possible to make it play fluently
    even worse was the 3x 52 names that were constantly switching to render in (got 1 frame per 8 seconds)

the intro,
    the rotating camera of the car was an hell to make i am serieus!
    modding AC to night was also a major headache to have
    getting the rotating camera in sync with the music was also not cool.
    flickering textures in-game made it real hard to get an good shot
    overall: stabilization was the most time taker ever!

EU:
    gigantic audio problems of all EU intro's i've listened to,
    unbalanced audio, crackling sounds, buzzing noises, not clear sounds..
    had to re-record and re-mix the whole soundtrack and re-master it to make it sound clear and balanced
    you can still hear some buzzing noise in the beginning but very subtle
    intro had to look aggressive and hard cuts are a little too visible in this one cannot re-edit this

US:
    de-synced at some points so that's why it sounds a little off on some points
    had trouble getting some shots at the right time

JP:
    wierd bpm in this one
    de-synced car noises in the beginning
    reversed audio balance, cannot fix this

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. william1141

william1141 Simracer

and here we have an corrupted reply. i don't know what happened to this thread. i am currently reverting it to it's original state

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

:) thats nice.

4. william1141

william1141 Simracer

well... it should be different than this...
    ----------------------------
    original post: GT4 EU/US/JP intro (kind of) re-make
    ----------------------------
    should i re-edit this post to it's normal state? or leave it?

5. william1141

william1141 Simracer

also it looks like i edited it before but i really didn't

6. william1141

william1141 Simracer

well then i gonna try to revert the whole thread back to it's state where it should be

7. william1141

william1141 Simracer

thread fixed! thanks for the heads up!

8. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

pardon my language

THIS IS ****ING FANTASTIC

william1141 likes this.
  9. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

when the first video started I was wow, but the music was....lets say not what I like.:) then the next video part comes on with Van Halen I was hell yeah cranked up the sound and just enjoyed the ride.

for further comments read brownninja97 post:D

william1141 likes this.
  10. william1141

william1141 Simracer

if you haven't noticed yet, i have uploaded it in 1440p quality for the first time!

11. Strange cause i was 13 when gt4 was out. This intro put me back 12 years ago and I still got chills !

This was awesome mate :)

By the way don't know why but in France we got the JP intro, the best one IMO ;)

Thanks again for sharing !

william1141 likes this.
  12. Haxin

Haxin Racer

The memories though!
    Really outstanding work mate, I couldnt do that.
    Always good to be doubting one's self though - keeps the motivation going.

You have to work on your starting though ;)

13. william1141

william1141 Simracer

on my starting? [o_O] what do you mean (i'm not an native English speaker btw)

for the short update if anyone is going to complain about the intro quality, i know all the problems but this is something that can't be fixed since i can't save camera positions and a whole lot of other options

14. Haxin

Haxin Racer

The part when the music changes, the start of the race - you lost like 4 positions :D

15. william1141

william1141 Simracer

oh... i did this on purpose! no i am serieus :D

Haxin likes this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

How nice! You put effort you put into this...I really appreciate it and think it turned out great. If you still see points of improvement, fair enough. But things don't always have to be perfect so you should be proud of yourself.
    For me it's fantastic and puts me back into my room in my parent's house in front of my telly with my friends collecting car after car after car in lengthy sessions...good times :)

17. william1141

william1141 Simracer

believe me, i see lots and lots of improvement points... i am going to try some new tricks of video of video editing in my next project called: Dream! oh and also a side project of TF2 mixing up with AC world

LeDude83 likes this.