1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Stepy, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Stepy

Stepy Racer

What graphics card would i need to run AC maxed out in 3840 x 2160 @60 fps.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error - Problem with AMD Graphics Card? - Solved May 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting (1.8.19) UE4-AC2 crashes every time after I bought new graphics card. Dec 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting FPS is low with new Graphicscard RTX 3080 Sep 6, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Appropriate graphics card? Dec 31, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality VR and Monitor at same time Effect on Graphics Card Oct 31, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality New graphics card, but which? Jul 22, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Which Graphics Card? Jan 3, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Suggestions about new Graphics Card Apr 28, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Anyone using "Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming" or "Zotac Amp" graphics card ? Oct 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Graphics Card Upgrade Advice? May 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Advice on new graphics card Jun 11, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Graphics card(s) & monitor decisions Feb 19, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Ac wont use graphics card Jan 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Does this graphics card work well with assetto corsa Aug 22, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Recommended graphics card for triple screen Aug 4, 2014

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

gtx 1080sli does it for me fairly easily, possibly a single 1080ti will do this too. You can drop just a couple settings down like reflections and get solid 4k60 in full fields assuming your cpu is up to it even with a single gtx1080.

4. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Confirming martcerv's notion on the 1080Ti. But, you might consider a stronger CPU (reading your specs). i7-7700K and up is preferrable, I guess. But I could be talking 90 FPS solid and VR...

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I was doing it with 980 Classified, non even Ti, just had to drop smoke and reflections.
    Single 1080Ti has very healthy headroom, read almost double of what you need.

6. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Anyone notice higher end graphics cards are sold out everywhere? I've been trying to buy a 1080Ti for weeks and none are to be found because of the crypto currency mining fad. :(

colombianomd likes this.
  7. konnos

konnos Simracer

Yea it s ridiculous, not only availability, the worst thing is the price, it just won't go down. And why would it go down, they are selling like mad...

8. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

This.

I was running AC maxed out with my old Zotac 980Ti. All I had to do is drop the smoke and reflections a bit in settings. 4k60 all the time.

9. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

Microcenter in the US sometimes has them used. I got my 1080ti from them used a while ago for 615$ with warranty

10. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

Wait awhile, the bit coin boom is going bust and the bit coin miners will be selling their systems.

mms likes this.
  11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I don't think shortage of models like 1080Ti is affected by miners, it's just not very cost effective for that sort of activity.

Good info on that subj (post #10)
    https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2745048

12. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

It is, that's why they are selling for $1200+ in the US when they are in stock, and the reason even 1070's are going used for $700.

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Proof?
    Shortage of componets, preparation for Volta, scalpers are all good reasons.
    Flagship Nvidia GPUs are not the best choice for that sort of operations due to poor cost/performance ratio. Of course if all other options are exhausted they can be snatched too. Can't wait when that insane crypto crap bubble burst.

14. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

What do you need proof of?

Just go to Newegg and check out prices for a 1070. Everything is out of stock, and the ones that are in stock cost $900+

Mining has become profitable on Nvidia gpus months ago due to the way those algorithms work, and with bitcoin peaking over $15,000 and ethereum going up, mining with Nvidia is very profitable for some with huge operations.

Regular folk with a single gpu they mine with when they dont game can see ~$5 or more in profit per day. That aint to shabby for a single gpu.

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Not sure how long that’s true for given the nosedive in price over the last week

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Can you please reread my original post you replied to. Is there any word about mid-range 1070 that is indeed very popular choice for crypto miners.
    And I quote the post from EVGA link I posted with important highlights.
    My best.

17. Radiantm3

In early January, I was able to walk into a computer store and there were a dozen 1080's and 1080ti's on the shelf, not to mention anything lower end. I walked in 2 weeks later and the shelves were cleared. And they have been cleared out ever since. Same thing happened on Amazon and Newegg. I asked the guy at the GPU department what's going on and he said there was a huge rush to buy all the cards one day and they have been selling out each shipment instantly. The 1080ti might not be the best for mining, but that's not stopping people from buying them for that use. Mining cryptocurrency has become a phenomenon and not everyone jumping on the bandwagon is smart. They probably think the better the card, the faster they will mine.

Haiden773 likes this.
  18. Radiantm3

Also... These guys must have bought half the 1080ti's on the market for mining:

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

One word - craze. They transform electricity into heat and get paid for this? o_O

Kopiller likes this.
  20. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

I say you both are right; however it depends on the miners philosophy and GPU availability. Some miners only care about ROI and some want the most hashes or solutions for least amount of physical space. Others, just buy what you can get when all other options are exhausted.

Back in December 2017 or early January(this month) you could make $8/day with a 1080Ti (according to Nicehash). If you don't include the electricity cost you could get a 3 month ROI. This is similar to what a 1070 was getting back in May 2017 when the algorithm's difficulty was low.

Even with Ethereum's high difficulty and longer time to generate a block, it's still the most profitable. Nicehash just pays more since it works on a supply/demand system.

The only way I see blockchain tech going away from GPU mining is if they move to a proof of stake vice a proof of work blockchain. I know Ethereum plans on doing this in the future; however, miners could mine other coins as you pointed out. Alternatively, if it gets banned on an international level; the currencies would move to the underground or black market, similar to how it functioned at inception.

Finally, Nicehash pays those who sell hashing power (the miners) in bitcoin which as its value went up, the income theoretically increased in two ways. This was compounded by the increase value in other GPU (ASIC resistant) coins. So if you never sold your crypto currencies then you would be double dipping in returns with the ability to sell the GPU at a substantial profit. From a business perspective--not a bad deal. If it continues, then the pc culture would have to change and would be force to console gaming. Interesting to see how or if NVIDIA and AMD address this conundrum.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    Haiden773 likes this.
  21. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien