1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gravel, mud and others lost surfaces

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Vibe Style, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

Hi Kunos, Do you plan create "physics, tyre model,..." for this kind of surfaces in AC or at least is it on "maybe to do list"? Ok we have Dirt rally but it´s not accurate enough around physics and Richard B. rally is "little" out of date.

In old "Look What The Cat Hacked In" Stefano did mention things about rally and I can´t complain on his explanation. AC is racing sim, rally is different but cars like Audi Quattro S1 and upcoming Toyota Celica forced me to ask...what if? ;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Performance Hit looking at Gravel Apr 16, 2020
    ACC Physics Can we talk about gravel? Oct 1, 2019
    ACC Audio EA 0.2: Way too long gravel sound Oct 10, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Gravel is out, UE4 arcade racer Mar 5, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Cars are stuck in the gravel Sep 21, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa No Gravel Skid Sounds? Feb 12, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Sand, Grass, Gravel physics at official tracks Nov 17, 2016
    General modding discussion How create custom grass,gravel,sand materials (physic) Jul 22, 2016
    Liveries Req white "test" livery DS3 & Fiesta WRC gravel spec?? Jun 1, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues black cat county short gravel sound Apr 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Will there ever be gravel? Feb 16, 2016
    Tracks modding BTBfin: Kanniranni special stage 1 - Gravel - Jari-Pekka Rally 2014 SS1 V0.98 - TTM - 5.4.2016 Dec 20, 2015
    Tracks modding (wip) versme gravel circuit (lithuania) beta v0.6 Nov 3, 2015
    General modding discussion Realistic gravel dust mod (no fps hit) Feb 23, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Nurburgring gp missing gravel traps Nov 9, 2014

3. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

and that was kunos looking into the subject, the outcome is/was that there are no plans for such additional surfaces. I think we all hope that could change too.

Vibe Style likes this.
  4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

For AC1 I'd say it's impossible. Maybe, just maybe it could happen for AC2 if it's succesful enough. I'd say it also depends on other factors, like the success of Dirt 4, since Dirt Rally was mentioned as the reason for AC not to have loose surfaces, and also how successful it becomes on pCars 2 and iRacing. If it becomes a 'must-have' in simulators, I think they'd have to implement it on AC as well, but I don't think it will be so popular.
    But honestly I don't expect any large new features for AC1. Hopefully we get driver changes, but it's hard to think we'll get anything bigger than that. My biggest hope is that we get the big features that AC1 lacks all for AC2.

5. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

Sounds logical but hope never die. It can start with one rallycross track but that mean they need to do "whole physic/tyre... model" anyway. Low benefit for too many work?
    Remember the rallycross (by "Rallylegends Mod") was popular at release time and nice MP fun experience.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

We have experimental driver swaps already. :)
    - Added car Steam ID sharing in entry list: each car in the entry list can feature multiple GUIDs. Players can share that car (one at once). The name inserted in the entry list is used as driver name.

7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I know, that's why I said i expect driver changes.

8. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

I see, there are almost no interest around loose surfaces, so that speaks for itself.:(

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I don't think Kunos would want to do something with loose-surface physics half-way; designing the game engine from the ground up for that would be much better in the long run but, that market is probably too small to justify the investment. Even SMS stated that during Pc1 development; Pc2 would need a redesign to work properly but, we don't yet know what the outcome will be. I'm not saying the developers are the same, just that the investment needed is very substantial in either case and the market limited. Pc2 may do very well but, their player base is largely accustomed to features and game-play of the Gran Tourismo series so it's not much of a stretch.

10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I seem to remember Stefano saying that loose surface physics was on the to do list but the success of Dirt Rally convinced them to shelve it.

I do think loose surface physics would get more use than night or rain. Just sliding the road cars around on gravel would be fun. You could easilly have had an optional gravel section on the fantasy tracks. Adding rally cars without gravel does seem a bit odd... yes I know there are plenty of tarmac rally stages...

Vibe Style likes this.