1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Grip levels in the Content Manager

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Orne, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

It seems that the grip level entries in the tracks.ini file are hard coded in the CM. If I add my own grip level to the tracks.ini, AC will see it but the CM won't. Oddly if I use one of the default grip levels in the tracks.ini and change the grip level data, for example I changed "Dusty" to 98% grip. When I launched the CM it still reads "Dusty" as 85% grip.

Strange considering the myrid of other things the CM will let you change.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Modding track grip levels in "tracks.ini" Oct 23, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Drifting and temp/grip levels Oct 9, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Realistic grip levels Sep 25, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Nissan gt3 tire grip levels Mar 13, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Grip levels Aug 31, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Change in grip levels after restart Aug 30, 2014
    ACC Physics Dinamic Damping when grip is changes and in turns Jul 20, 2019
    ACC Gameplay hama urage zgrip wheel Jun 25, 2019
    ACC Physics It seems to be too much grip while driving on grass Jun 2, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Vanishing grip Apr 26, 2019
    ACC Physics 0.6 Ferrari tyres still have less grip than other cars Mar 5, 2019
    ACC Physics Grip loss after spin still excessive Jan 21, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Track Grip Settings in MP Jan 16, 2019
    ACC Physics Track Surface Model - Grip Jan 2, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer No grip on dedacated server & werdness Dec 31, 2018

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Check if you're changing grip presets in assetto corsa documents not in steam folder \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\templates You need to change them here so the main menu recognizes the change.
    Maybe CM is reading tracks.ini from steam/assetto/system/cfg instead of user settings from documents folder.

4. Orne

Orne Alien

I checked the tracks.ini in both locations and they are the same, both contain my modified entries.

5. Orne

Orne Alien

I deleted the tracks.ini from both locations and the CM still pulled the default settings. Interestingly enough AC pulled my modified settings when I did the same thing. Is this data stored in the registry ? Hmmmm

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  6. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

You'd probably have better luck posting this in the CM thread. x4fab replies to just about everything there. :)

Schnipp likes this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

One idea, check in the CM folder if there is a file for grip.

Not at my PC with CM, but I think it's something under
    \Users\*user account*\AppData\locale\CM\

Probably not the correct path, but I think you get (can't look it up).