1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gt car lap time/physics differences

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Blame, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Blame

Blame Alien

I wanna know what people think about all the current GT3/GT2 cars, in terms of physics, handling and lap times on different tracks.

To me everything feels like whatever Kunos has done with the GT cars, they were ruined. I'm running 2 seconds slower with the Ferrari 458 GT2/Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3/BMW Z4 GT3 than the Mclaren MP4-12c GT3 and BMW M3 GT2.

I downloaded Hockenheim to test the track today, I got a 1:39,9 with the MP4-12C GT3 and then rest of the field Ferrari/Mercedes/BMW, I couldn't even go under 1:41,2 with those, is anyone else having the same thing? I feel like I'm driving GTC cars next to a GT3 and a GT2 car.

2. I don't drive the GT2 cars, but my fastest laps in the three GT3 cars at several tracks are virtually identical.

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

did you lower the final gear ratio for the 458 gt2? That gives about the same experience as gt3 cars, in terms of shifting.

4. Blame

Blame Alien

I always change something on the car when I go for a practice run, I always change the gear ratios, whatever the car is.
    And the time differences don't come from the gear ratios or top speed, they're all relatively same.

5. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Didn't they make them more similar to real cars. I think they were too fast compared to real once and comparing lap times.

6. pons

pons Simracer

There was a drop in times when the new tire-effects were added.

7. Yeah I'm faster in the 458 and my times in the GT3 cars are more or less identical....

8. Bailey

Bailey Alien

The GT2/3 cars seem fine to me.
    ~Bailey

Mogster and Jebus like this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Doesnt both MP4-12c GT3 and M3 GT2 have better grip then the other cars? It might be that they just suit your driving style more.. maybe. I dont really know.

Rift Racer likes this.
  10. Blame

Blame Alien

I'm a second faster in the M3 with medium tyres than the MP4-12c with medium tyres, I'm 1,5-2 seconds slower on almost every track with the SLS and Z4, the Ferrari is slower for me on some tracks, like that makes no sense, Mclaren drives like a GT2 car, it has so much grip, how can you get similar times with the GT3 cars??? The comparison is like Mclaren on GT2 supersofts vs SLS/Z4 on GT3 hard tyres.

11. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I think I'm at most about a second slower with all of them but I thought this was a tyre update that made them closer to the real thing as they were too fast before?

12. It's likely your driving style....my times with the McLaren typically aren't any faster than the other GT3 cars (it has less drag but also a lot less power than the other cars, but it does have a bit more downforce)...And in the GT2 cars I'm equally faster than the GT3s (usually 1-2 seconds a lap)

McStinger and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  13. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I think this has to do with your driving style and how the default setups effect it too.
    I feel that GT corner grip goes something like:
    BMW GT2
    McLaren GT3
    Ferrari GT2
    SLS GT3
    BMW GT3

For me the last few tend to push in the corners.

As for lap time over many different courses:
    Ferrari GT2
    BMW GT2
    SLS GT3
    McLaren GT3
    BMW GT3

(I still prefer the BMW's even though they are at the bottom of their classes. I guess it just depends what car skin I want to support that race.)
    ~Bailey

14. gheeDi

gheeDi Racer

Setups, driving style is what creates the biggest differences in laptimes. All of the GT3's are very competitive with eachother currently, very similar laptimes if you know the handling characteristics and can adjust your driving style accordingly.

Nothing wrong with the physics, your driving is creating the difference you see in laptimes.

15. Blame

Blame Alien

Nothing works, I used to be faster in the Z4, then they nerfed Z4, I was half a second slower than the Mclaren, then they nerfed the tyres, then it felt like the Mclaren stayed the same and rest of the field got totally wrecked.

All medium tyres (in their own class)
    [​IMG]

Changed the Ferrari time by like 0,5 seconds by changing some settings at the front. C6R I didn't really bother, that thing is easy to drive, could take another second off, same with the P4/5 (but like -0,7)

16. Bailey

Bailey Alien

You don't have a boat licence, do you? Because the way that it looks like you treat the SLS and BMW GT3 should be illegal! :p
    ~Bailey

17. Blame

Blame Alien

I'm telling you, the damn thingies don't turn, I'm doing like 20km/h slower in the first corner, thing goes straight if I try to do it at the same speed, but with a different angle/technique.

18. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Of course they handle differently! They are different cars.
    ~Bailey

Mogster and Rift Racer like this.
  19. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I just don't know how you make relatively alien lap times with mouse+kb... but to me you seem to be a fanatec user.

20. Blame

Blame Alien

when I drive offline I still use my old laptop and I still drive keyboard+mouse, new PC + monitor and everything else like a new keyboard+mouse+headset already drained so much money and looking at the prices of Thrustmaster T300rs with extra set of pedals (added qlutch) + extra 2 wheels and a sequential shifter is just a killer to obtain if you still have 2 years of school ahead.