1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gt3 cars. which one you prefer? why?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nahkamarakatti, Jul 25, 2014.

1. I want to choose my weapon for GT3 races. I did one experiment. Drove 10 laps race against 1 AI at Silverstone with both cars. Accidentally left 58 litres of fuel for my Z4 race, so I used 58 litres also with the 12C. I drove with medium tyres and pushed as hard as I ever could.

Unfortunately there were only 0,111 second difference on my total 10 laps race time. Ok which one has the fastest lap? I did my fastest lap time with Z4 by margin of 0,021 seconds.

Differences I found:
    12C GT3
    +Was surprisingly gently for tyres and tyres were still capable for low 2.01's after 10 laps
    - Used more fuel than the Z4
    - Feel of danger on every lap. Easier to do mistakes.

Z4 GT3
    + Better fuel economy
    + More secure to drive
    - Ate more tyre than the 12C and the lap times were dropping slightly.

Laptime comparisons as an attachment.

I'm asking, have you made some experiments? What are the pro's and cons with these competitors? Which one is your choice and why?

Attached Files:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does there Comes More GT3 Cars to ACC? May 31, 2021
    ACC Gameplay GT3 cars have GT4 labels when single player mode is in GT4 and a career is started/continued Feb 27, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions What would lock to lock be in the GT3 and GT4 cars? Aug 10, 2020
    ACC Physics how much downforce roughly do gt3 cars produce? Jul 4, 2020
    ACC General Discussions GT1 or past GT3 cars Mar 24, 2020
    ACC Physics GT3 Cars and Dual Clutch? Oct 26, 2019
    ACC Physics GT3 cars weight. Jun 30, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.0: Steer Lock not consistent between cars [Fanatec GT3RS] May 30, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Getting GT2 cars with GT3 tag Nov 27, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Impact of fuel weight on GT3 cars Sep 21, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Using ABS in modern racing cars (GT3 GT4 P1GTR FXXK) Jul 11, 2018
    Audio Bugs & Issues No engine sound from the ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017 cars May 1, 2018
    Console Lounge gears settings gt3 cars Dec 5, 2017
    Chit Chat Room More ffb detail in some GT3 cars? Aug 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Favourite GT3 Cars? Jun 16, 2017

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Setup does a huge impact on both cars, and default MP4 is usually harder to drive than default Z4, if you don't drop the wing. So did you use default setup?

4. Nope. I was using customized setups because I have fairly good setups for both of these.

5. plaid

plaid Alien

First: Im no expert. But for me:

The Z4 feels like a tank in comparsion to the MP4, so the manuvearbility is much . Plus: While tintops feel kinda slow for me, the Z4 does it more then the MP4 probably cause of the long hood.
    The sound is horrible. The drivetrain hurts and the sound seem lofi. Last two points make it hard to enjoy the car, on top of the - for me - inferior maneuverbility (or whatever).

If I set the wing to 7 or 8 and activate TCS (+softer suspension and increased rideheigt) the MP4 its hard to spin on the Nords.
    It makes you slower but the chances to get punished for a failure is strongly reduced.

Edit: Still got some alcohol in me, beer with me.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  6. TCLF

TCLF Alien

12C. Reason is pretty simple for me.

I know, and probably others who raced against me, that I have a pretty aggressive driving style. I take a lot of reasonable risks. Just like my car choice. I could go with the Z4 like 75% of the rest of the field and let the car handle your mistakes. But it makes it hard to apply an aggressive driving style. When you go over the limit, you simply run wide by making a correction or you understeer. In the 12C (with a fast and competitive setup) on the other hand, because the engine is in the rear, if you go over the limit you spin out. You can rarely catch those slides. Which makes the limit more clear and that makes you be more sure if you can do a move or not. This confidence is what you need for an aggressive attack where you only have the smallest of margins to work with.

7. I enjoy so much more driving 12C but if I'm losing too much I had to choose the faster one.. :D

How these cars feels to me:

12C
    + Has better brakes
    + More fun to drive
    + More accurate to drive
    + Better sounds
    + Better look
    + Better FFB
    + Overall immersion much better
    - Terrible with soft tyres
    - Snappy behaviour on high speed corners

Z4
    + Propably faster
    + Much safer
    - Sounds
    - Visibility from cockpit
    - FFB
    - Brakes aren't on the same level with 12C
    - Not acccurate enough frontend for my likings
    - Uglier
    - Feels slow
    - Likes to be driven smoothly
    - Doesn't immerse me

8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Well, obvious pros on the Z4: straights.
    For the MP4: cornering
    With the right setup for your style, both can be pretty good on both, but I tend to favor the Mp4 for slow/medium speed tracks, the Z4 for high speed tracks. They are supposed to be balanced cars in their class, so don't expect wonders by chosing one over the other.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  9. This is exactly what my preconception were. I'm pretty sure 12C is a lot faster at Imola for example.

Mugello can be a bit tricky because you have to be quite aggressive if you want to be fast. 12C could be faster but its so easy to ruin your race with it...

10. jamba

jamba Racer

mp4?
    [​IMG]

z4 b..es :D

why?
    because its bmw, mother, father and god of auto industry

11. Blame

Blame Alien

Doesn't really matter for me, I just take 1 randomly or whichever I feel like using.
    The only downsides for both cares make them different.
    MP4 for me is slower on straight lines, rear end wants to spin if you let go of the throttle mid-corner and that's about it.
    Z4 brakes are horrible(managed to get a decent setup that sort-of fixes it) and that car on power in corners just feels weird.

12. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Don't know, can't really tell which is better for me, but I use Z4...Untill SLS comes along...

13. MP4. But I'm sick of these car combos. The majority of servers run them.

spiritofsenna and Queequeg like this.
  14. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Because only GT3 class is balanced in performance and provides great and easy driving. Which means the players can concentrate on racecraft. Road cars aren't made to race with and open wheelers are too difficult to enjoy longer races. What Kunos should do, is balance P4/5, evora and M3 to GT3 spec performance so all these cars could compete together.

Deatroy likes this.
  15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I was never big fan on Z4, even more so of the version Kunos chose to model ( seems really wide ) so out of these two without even thinking about it I would pick McLaren,
    however, GT-R or R8 will be my weapon of choice once more GT3 cars are made

16. Blame

Blame Alien

When the SLS comes, it will most likely dominate, like it does in FIA GT, well most of the time.

17. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

picking the fastest car means you want it to be easy ;)

18. Blame

Blame Alien

I pick my babies the way I like them. ;)

19. Then it would be tough choice. I can't stand the sound and look of SLS... :)

20. Road cars may not be made for racing, but (IMO) they are sure as hell more enjoyable to drive than the "stick to the track" race cars in AC. To be honest, I hate the modern "high downforce" style of cars that are raced these days. I am probably the exception to the rule, but I just find modern race cars incredibly boring to drive in comparison to the standard road cars (or the P&G3 classic cars from the 60s). They may be a lot faster, but that is irrelevant to me.

As for the Z4 and MP4, I do not have enough experience in them to make a choice. However, my single drive of the MP4 to date (at Vallelunga) indicated that it is a very stable car, but maybe I was just driving it like Miss Daisy :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  21. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Z4 GT3. Mclaren is too oversteery to my taste.. And it eats tyres faster.