1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER GT4 in Multiplayer and Competition Servers - Changes in Version 1.5

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jul 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndreLS

AndreLS Rookie

@Minolin Have you made some changes on Lobby's server so new servers are unable to be listed immediately?
    I have to wait up to 10 minutes so I can get it.

Sorry if this thread is duplicated. I really looked in others threads but I was unable to find the answer.

Thanks

2. Carbo-OZ

Carbo-OZ Racer

@Minolin - is there ever going to be CP servers based in the Oceania region?

We have a fairly large player base and I have owned the game since day 1 of early access but not been able to take part in this area of the game.

More recently it looks like we have the ability to join a US based server but it runs once daily at 8 or 9am.

Do you think it will ever happen?

AnToN_CheZ likes this.
  3. AnToN_CheZ

AnToN_CheZ Rookie

Hey Carbo :) There are more than 1 race for us in the morning. Currently, with the daylight time in eastern Australia, we have a 10am, 12pm and 2pm US server based schedule. 45 mins for the 10 and 2 and 60 mins for the 12pm one.
    The issue still remains that for some, they can join US server no problem at all. Some others can only join using a VPN (weirdly, connected to another Melbourne based VPN server, not a US based one as you would assume), and there are the final group that despite all my recommendations to get them racing in CP races, NOTHING works for them. I have no idea what the blockage is related to with the connection to the servers, perhaps it's ISP related, as some people see them as per normal and others need workarounds.

I'd also like to see the ability to choose the region to connect to. EU would be a bit touch and go for ping for us, but it would offer Oceanic players another time zone and potentially more drivers for that region. The obvious solution as I've stated tonight in another thread is a) host a server central to SEA / AU / NZ location, so everyone has a good connection, and also base the time slots in our peak time (6, 8, 10pm would suffice), or b) leave the server that is currently hosting the US races running, and just have another group of races that match that previous 6, 8, 10pm Oceanic local schedule. I can't imagine it would take any more infrastructure to achieve that, at all. Same hardware, same investment, just run the server live for another group of races.

What would be a shame, is IF we did indeed get AU local servers, it would default us to that server and then leave us unable to participate in the morning races on the US server, as it currently is set up. That's a shame, as for people like us who have a fair few league commitments at night, it's a great time to wake up on a day off, or even before work, and jump on for a US based race in the morning. I'd really like to see some of these things implemented because as far as I can see, it's simply a matter of picking which solution (hopefully multiple ones) and doing it. I'm not in the inner sanctum of course so I don't know what goes on but a simple "Select your region" button on the MP screen along with running the current US server for our peak time races seems super doable in a short amount of time.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    David Danser likes this.
  4. patch.0

patch.0 Rookie

The multi-class in the Competition Sever is dead. Its is full GT3 raight now.

Devs, do you have something in mind to solve this in the future? like a method to balance the multi-class slots.

Regards.

5. archjuh

archjuh Rookie

They can't make people race in gt4s?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk