1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 GT40 revs spiking in-between gears on upshift (DS4 Controller)

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by TheRealJuralumin, May 4, 2017.

1. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

I’ve noticed that whenever you upshift in the GT40 the revs spike in-between gears. I think this is a problem with the “Automatic blip” setting; normally this setting automatically adjusts throttle input on upshifts so you can keep the trigger down when changing gear (as well as automatically “blipping” the throttle on downshifts if necessary). It doesn’t seem to be working with the GT40. I’ve tested it multiple times in multiple modes and it is definitely a bug. It’s the equivalent of driving any other car with “Automatic blip” turned off. Also turning off “Automatic blip” on the GT40 has no noticeable difference, so I assume that is the issue.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues GT40 Driver Glazing at the Sky Dec 11, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues GT40 vs 908LH vs 330 P4 top speeds Oct 10, 2017
    General modding discussion AI braking issue on Longford / Ford GT40 Jul 21, 2017
    Bug reports Ford GT40-red rims in some liveries Jun 30, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues (Query) 908 LH & GT40 fuel usage Apr 9, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Please Kunos , patch the GT40 Dec 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room MrMugels Server - Fun on 4 Wheels! Monza Full course - Ford GT40 edition Aug 29, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ford GT40 camber Jul 20, 2016
    Screens & Videos Short clip - Ford GT40 on Bridgehampton circuit Jul 12, 2016
    Sounds modding Sound test for Ford GT40 - A.C. v1.6.3 Jun 6, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Ford GT40 has a Horn/Clacson (?) Apr 12, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues mistaking the GT40 tires Apr 1, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ford GT40 tyre usage Mar 13, 2016
    Liveries Ford GT40 - 1966 Le Mans 24hr #2 Feb 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Ford gt40 Jan 10, 2016

3. autoblip only works in downshifts. For upshifts it's you responsibility to lift on cars without auto-cut such the GT40.

4. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Would it be possible to get the information about auto-cuts and such features to show up on the loading screen like in the pc version? Useful information and I think it is not shown anywhere in the console version at the moment.

5. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

the huayra had a similar glitch at the beginning. the engine over-revved everytime while upshifting. it was fixed in one of the first updates, cant remember which one. the gt40 shows the same behaviour.
    on a side note, the mc f1 gtr, as another user pointed out a while ago, hits the limiter at every downshift, no matter the shifting rpms. with autoblip off, however, downshifting becomes really slow. i'm also playing with a dualshock 4 btw.

edit. i found the video ( not mine) that was posted to showcase the hauyra's issue:

as far as i remember (havent driven the gt40 much), but it should be similar, maybe a bit less noticeable than that.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    TheRealJuralumin likes this.
  6. TheRealJuralumin

I’ve never encountered this issue with any other car, and i’ve driven just about every racing car in the game, classic and modern. The car is displaying behaviour that other cars show with “Automatic blip” turned off. I really do believe this to be a bug. I don’t want to be rude, but I don’t think you are fully aware of what the auto blip does. Seriously, just drive any car with it on and then switch to off, it most definitely effects upshifts as well as downshifts.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  7. TheRealJuralumin

Yep, just drove the Porsche 917 without Auto blip and the revs were spiking on upshifts, then I took it out with Auto blip enabled and the issue vanished. This issue with the GT40 is 100% a bug.

8. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Priceless..... You obviously don't know who Stefano (Lord Kunos) is... he's not just some random forum member...

I think that you have identified is that there may actually be a bug with the 917K having "throttle cut" as well as "autoblip" (kicker) when autoblip is enabled.

9. TheRealJuralumin

I know who Lord Kunos is. I’ve now run the same test with the Porsche 962, and the Maserati 250f, same result. The issue with the GT40 is a bug! I don’t understand why people don’t believe me, you can test this for yourself!

10. TheRealJuralumin

Literally every car in the game; with auto blip off you have to lift when shifting up, and with it on it lifts automatically. I think maybe most people are unaware of this because they use a wheel and thus this wouldn’t apply to them. Every racing game with manual transmission that uses a controller does this, Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Cars, etc.

11. You are right the GT40 has a wrong value for autocut. It'll be fixed in next updates.
    Thank you,

pippo10, Traks1 and TheRealJuralumin like this.
  12. TheRealJuralumin

Thank you! Very excited to start using this car more.

13. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, I reported it a few months ago in the console lounge, but It didn't get any attention from the dev team. I'll see if I can dig it up and move it here.