1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GTEYE spring click noise

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Lewisxbone, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Anyone with the gteye spring now have a clicking noise when pressing the peddle ?
    Did you manage to get rid of it ?

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Lotus 98T Trail braking and downshifting with GTeye springs May 20, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions GTEYE Spring + swap Jan 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Just Bought a GTEYE Brake Pedal Spring for G25. Dec 10, 2013
    Online Leagues / Championships room virtueller-Asphalt Spring Championship Feb 26, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Tuning out high Spring / Return-to-center with SC2 Pro? Feb 7, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Exiled Virtual Motorsports Spring Series 1 May 11, 2020
    ACC Physics Helper Springs..? Apr 16, 2020
    ACC Physics Spring effect ffb?? Feb 13, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues PC G920 Center Spring & FFB not working ONLY on AC Jan 18, 2020
    Bug reports Heavy center spring on Fanatec CSW 2.5 Jul 26, 2018
    General modding discussion How can make the suspension's spring animation May 3, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec CSW 2.5 super heavy “center spring” Jan 7, 2018
    Chit Chat Room T500 pedals broken throttle spring Dec 26, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Centering spring force (hard to steer) Dec 6, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Does AC ignore Spring effect? Sep 18, 2017

3. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

I've got it, but it doesn't click.

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Think I've sorted it with some wd 40, seems to have stopped.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

5. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

mine clicks too .. its fine when you press it but just as you fully come off the pedal I get a click.
    Probably can try re-seating the spring but doesnt bother me enough to take them apart again.

I won't be using the pedals anymore as have just bought T3PA pedals (arrived today at my neighbours :D ) as I got a good deal from amazon warehouse - (as new - factory sealed condition) for £67 and had a £50 gift card to use up too.

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Why would you switch G2x/G920 pedals against T3PA's? Or do you mean the Pro pedals?
    But even then, not much difference afaik.

I check, never noticed but there is a slight clicking noise.
    It seems to be two red tubes/covers that slide into each other. If I push them together so they don't have any play the clicking is gone.
    Maybe the softer springs in the throttle/clutch don't make the plastic move as much as the brake pedal.

7. boabmatic

I upgraded from a G27 to the TX base , F599 rim TH8A shifter but didnt have the cash to get the T3PA pedal at the same time so bought the adaptor to run the G27 pedals on the TX base.

It was always my plan to buy the T3PA pedals at some point then sell on the G27. I agree not much difference between the pedals (except maybe the conical mod) but means I can get a bit of cash and don't have a wheel lying around that I'm not going to use.

8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK, that makes sense, though I really like that the pedals of the Logitech are mainly metal-built.

Though mine are heavy metal now. :D

[​IMG]

9. esox71

esox71 Alien

Two things....Turn the spring 90 degrees should stop it, Also the red plastic housing clicks against each other sometimes.
    The top part that fit slightly over the bottom part, took me a long time to find that was the culprit.

Lewisxbone likes this.
  10. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

The click sound is normal, nothing to worry about (as stated on GTEYE webpage too)...you can try to rotate it until it stops...

11. boabmatic

Bit off topic but my T3PA pedals arrived yesterday....
    was a bit unconvinced at first as the throttle/clutch are lighter compared to my modded G27 ( I had put the clutch spring in the throttle and the old brake into the clutch when fitting the GTEye mod)

The brake is lighter also at the start of the pedal travel compared to the GTEye mod but resistance ramps up once you hit the conical rubber.
    T3PA's are also quieter than the G27, think there are rubber stops and the end of the pedal travel

After about an hour of use I'm finding the braking much better than the GTEye mod, I get less out of shape when braking and have already gained 0.5 of a second over my Week17 hotlap time.

So happy with the "upgrade" but think the shinny thrustmaster pedal cover will go as they look a bit cheap compared to the G27 ones. (G27 ones look similar to my Integra Type R pedals which is why I think I prefer them as they look more "real")

Schnipp likes this.