1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GTX 1060 6GB or 3GB

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by xarturr, Mar 22, 2020.

1. xarturr

xarturr Rookie

I want to run ACC in 50 fps at least, at medium settings, even in rain conditions with AI. I'm playing in 2560x1080 resolution. I will pair this 1060 with an i5-4690k or i7-4770. My aim is to minimize costs, I'm not that rich yet to buy an RTX 2080:)
    So, is 3GB version of GTX 1060 enough or should I pay a little more for 6GB version?
    It would be nice to have a reply from someone who's using 1060 3GB.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Video-Settings for i7-4790K + GTX 1060 (6GB) May 17, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Out of Video memory or whatever |GTX1060 6GB has plenty of memory as far as I can see| May 4, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Best settings for i5/GTX1060 May 30, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos GTX 1060 60+fps A.I test Full Grid 29 cars Mar 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions GPU - Worth trying with a GTX 1060? Oct 11, 2018
    Chit Chat Room rx 480 8gb or gtx 1060 3b Jan 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia GTX 1060 Announced Jul 8, 2016
    ACC User Interface GTC - GTX text issue Mar 9, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting GeForce GTX 3080 1.8.4 low FPS 20-25 FPS [Resolved by removing Citrix Workspace] Nov 30, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room OnlineSimRacing GTX Series Aug 25, 2021
    Screens & Videos The GTX 1050ti still got it in 2021? Jan 15, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions How to run Assetto Corsa Competizione in VR at 60fps on an OLD PC - i7 3770, GTX 1650 Super, WMR Nov 9, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Poor Performance - mismatch monitor and indicated FPS? GTX 1070Ti Nov 4, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC - Crash (GTX 1080/I5 8600K) Sep 18, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is anyone running ACC on a GTX980? Jul 24, 2020

3. Pablo Raitan

Pablo Raitan Rookie

As big as you can

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

4. Buy a used 1070 instead. They go for an average of $200.

The 1060 benchmarks next to a 980 so I wouldn't get either especially if you have a performance goal beyond traditional 1080p in mind.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

GTX1060 is ok with medium settings, for 50 FPS at the 2560x1080. But you need the 6GB version. The 3 GB will frequently overflow and cause short stuttering. You really don't want that.

6. jesker

jesker Gamer

i found these:

i had a 1060 3Gb before the 2070 S and i think it's better to go for a 1070 because the game run well in most cases with the 3Gb but many cars and rain races can be "harder to handle" for the gpu and with only 3 Gb you can stutter often even if average framerate it's good.

7. Used GTX 1070 here and it can handle ACC quite well at 1080p. I'd not go much lower with the GPU :)

SOLID FARRELL likes this.
  8. My wife's cockpit ran on a used 1070 for a while and was great basically maxed on 1080p as well. There is even a little headroom for 1440p.
    4K required a 1080ti or better tho which is why we both have one now... sold her 1070.

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^
    Wow, now that's a new one,... the family that races together, stays together.

:)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    SOLID FARRELL and After_Midnight like this.
  10. The biggest improvement especially in ACC was the i9 of course. My previous i5-4670k and i7-4790k were unable to run ACC stutter free in all circumstances. Even overclocked to 4/4.4 GHz. At least the earlier versions of the game.
    But it cost a lot of money to change the Mainboard, CPU, RAM and cooler :mad:
    Agree :)

LATE4APEX likes this.
  11. CQuad

CQuad Gamer

I also can't get rid of occasional stutters in ACC with my i7-4790k. I delid my CPU to get a stable overclock at 4.7 GHz with just 1.26 Volts and temperatures maxing out at 60°C on air, Cache runs at 4.4 GHz and memory at 2400 MHz.
    I get mostly over 100 FPS and my 2070 Super stays under 80% load most of the time at 1440p. Most of the graphic settings are on high with mirrors off.

I hope the April update will help a bit reducing the stutters I'm experiencing, and I can wait a little longer with upgrading my PC at least until Cyber Punk 2077 gets released.
    Also I would be unimaginably upset after upgrading and still having issues of that type.

After_Midnight likes this.
  12. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Have you looked at frametimes rather than framerates? Interesting video here that may help (ignore the gsync/freesync references):

13. McGraw

McGraw Racer

Definitely try to get a 1070. I run mine at 1440p high details. Rain and night drops me under 60fps with big grids though.

14. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Dunno where you are in the world but look at http://www.overclockers.co.uk/index.php and enter "B Grade" Nvidia graphic cards into it's search function, you can find some bargains there.

The card in my sig cost £250 ;)