1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

GTX MSI 770 OC Video Card on it's way! What to expect?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Colt Rogers, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

I am relatively new to PC and have been thoroughly enjoying the AC experience this far aside from some early BSOD issues now solved by deleting a Windows Update "Windows Module Installer". Now that I have had my machine completely cleaned and reset without that module installer AC is running at 100 FPS and I have noticed quicker and quicker times already.

I guess I am curious to know what gains I will see with the upgrade to MSI GTX 770 2 GB OC version. I am happy with just having a more stable machine at higher graphics settings but with this being my first PC and video card I am not sure how much if any difference I will be seeing here in 2 days when the card arrives.

If anyone has this card please share FPS, quality, and any video settings that you have found to be perfect balance would be very helpful. Thanks in advance and looking forward to enjoying a truly proper video card with AC.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions How to run Assetto Corsa Competizione in VR at 60fps on an OLD PC - i7 3770, GTX 1650 Super, WMR Nov 9, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Poor Performance - mismatch monitor and indicated FPS? GTX 1070Ti Nov 4, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC - Crash (GTX 1080/I5 8600K) Sep 18, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is anyone running ACC on a GTX980? Jul 24, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Video-Settings for i7-4790K + GTX 1060 (6GB) May 17, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting GTX 1660 Super not being fully used May 9, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Out of Video memory or whatever |GTX1060 6GB has plenty of memory as far as I can see| May 4, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality VR Upgrade GTX 1080 to RTX 2080 Super Apr 13, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions VR Upgrade GTX 1080 to RTX 2080 Super Apr 13, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions GTX 1060 6GB or 3GB Mar 22, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality R5 3600/GTX Titan X and Odyssey+ Feb 27, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Recommended settings for gtx 1070 and i7-8700 Feb 8, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash - Out of memory problem (with GTX 1070Ti 8GB) Dec 7, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY - crash (GTX 1080 with 8GB) Sep 17, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting FPS drop on gtx1080 amp extreme Jul 13, 2019

3. Turk

Turk Alien

I upgraded from a Nvidia GTX460 to a similar card, the most noticeable improvement was stability and smoothness. When you're driving the extra bells and whistles of higher graphics settings just aren't all that noticeable. I haven't really pushed up the settings much though, the higher settings don't do all that much for the look of the game.

Most important is no frame rate issues, no stuttering and very high frame rates.

ftmPP and Colt Rogers like this.
  4. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

Ok that great. LikeI said the sim looks pretty damn awesome with my 1GB Sapphire 6870 but I can't quite pump the settings to the top without low low framerates etc. Stability would be awesome as would the higher FPS. Thanks for your input

5. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

See my signature and you probably see what to expect:) except i oc-d the card a bit just for sure!:)

6. ftmPP

ftmPP Rookie

I upgraded from a 6870 just 3 days ago (and unfortunately it ended to OS clean install:D) Now I have much better experience than expected. It seems like to the sense of speed gained from the motion blur. AI racing became so exciting...FPS is stable at 60 with 14 opponents (or more maybe) in my settings. I feel it was very meaningful upgrade;)

7. I like mine. Before 0.8, with VSync off I was consistently running at 90fps, almost maxed out settings 1080p res. I didnt test it well with 0.8.2 tho.

8. Gavin

Gavin Rookie

I just upgraded to a GTX 770 from a 570. I upped the Faces per frame to 3 and cubemaps to medium from 2 and low. AF set to x2 and AA to x4. HDR off. I was getting an average of 60FPS in 3d and I now get an average off 110FPs in 3D. In 2D you can basically double that.

9. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Yep since v0.8 i have a really nice fps boost at least 25%, with higher settings than before!

10. cimenTo

cimenTo Racer

EVGA GTX 680 FTW Here and this card is very similar to the 770
    the 770 is just a little faster.. but just a little
    running on 1920*1080 with all maxed out (highest possible and ultra) and vsync on...

EDIT: frame limiter on 60fps

exepct this three settings:

motion blur off
    cubemap resolution low
    faces per frame 2

runs smooths and nice on 60FPS and 60Hz, great texture quality and overall just lovely! love this card!

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I am running the GTX 670 (no O.C.) and can run with high settings, maintain 60 FPS with full grid. The GTX 770 should do very well.