1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gyro in FFB settings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andrew_WOT, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Can we please promote Gyro effect to in game FFB settings tab.
    Almost everyone is using it and getting into ini file to flip it back on after each update or Steam integrity check is getting a little old.

Atle Dreier and yusupov like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Sony Dualshock 4 - how to use gyroscope? Dec 1, 2022
    Physics Bugs & Issues Inertia update effect on gyro Dec 24, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Question to the devs about "GYRO" Dec 5, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues The big "experimental gyro" thread Nov 16, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Physics utilization with FF skip steps and gyro enabled Nov 15, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T500 Wheel shakes violently if Gyro is On Aug 27, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Use Android as JoyStick Controller, Racing Wheel, Gyro Gaming on PC Jul 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Final logitech settings and gyro. May 19, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T500 shakes a lot with gyro enabled Dec 22, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Question for csw users: do you use ff experimental/gyro option? Nov 4, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues [ff_experimental] enable_gyro=0 Jul 31, 2015
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster ts-xw ffb on pc Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting FFB is lost after going to the Menus Feb 3, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Redurce FFB on Curbs Jan 25, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024

3. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

Any benefit using it with T300? I mostly do F1 cars and Drifting

:edit:
    Just tried it, seems to just add some damping.. what's the big deal?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

It can be an effective way to control oscillation with Direct-drive wheels.

5. yusupov

yusupov Alien

id believed it was intended for DD wheels, but some time ago in one his streams stefano said he prefered it for his G27. i'm not sure why it isn't just default tbh, since TM (beltdriven) users seem to prefer it, DD wheels need it, & logitech (geardriven) also benefits. i suppose some don't like the damping, but that seems to be the minority?

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I personally find it awful for the G27.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

digitizer, Horus and Fat-Alfie like this.
  7. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Same, with my T500RS. More damping, I do not need :)

Jebus likes this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

im under the impression that they dont like to add things to the ingame ui. :/

Blamer, vegaguy 5555 and NightEye like this.
  9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Ingame ui? After CM was released i haven't used it....
    CM has all these options

10. NightEye

NightEye Alien

Important settings like those should find their way into the UI, always.
    Stuff like enabling the free camera, or enabling dev apps. They shouldn't be hidden away in some ini file. They should be out in the open for people to experiment with :)

mBardos76 and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  11. Horus

Horus Alien

I'm with @liakjim, on this one. I have tried it and it worked okay, then I started getting random spins/tank slappers that I could not correct fast enough, lack of feel, washed out FFB, just mushiness. Turned it off and the wheel became far more alive, instinctive reactions were far better translated to the wheel/car. So as it is intended for Direct Drive wheels, it is not really necessary to have it in the gui. Those with direct wheels are in a small minority and as they can be rather difficult to setup correctly I'm sure they are not worried about changing an ini file to their likings. Still each to their own, some will like it other will hate it on 'normal' wheels, but that is part of the fun of racing and changing settings to your own personal preference. A Marmite setting if ever there was one. :)

edit: As already posted content/game managers already have this option in a nice gui form and many other really useful features like auto save replays, join servers with first available car, manage cars/tracks etc etc. So as intended the modular form of AC has been taken advantage.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I support this!

13. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Get Content Manager you cheap goats! ;)

I don't like gyro, like Fat-Alfie said it brings too much damping, and to me damping is a curse word.

IgnacioKotas, Fat-Alfie and Horus like this.
  14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Gyro? Oh yeah, the Smart-car mode!

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  15. KRoman47

KRoman47 Racer

Soft lock isn't in the UI settings either? I still enable it in ini and I really don't get why anybody want it disabled.

vegaguy 5555 and detoit like this.
  16. Horus

Horus Alien

Softlock is MEH! it nasty and skanky dude. :)

esox71 and Fat-Alfie like this.
  17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Soft lock is also awful for the G27.
    When wheel reaches lock, it will bounce back in a really unnatural way like it is electroshocked. Hardlock via custom degrees per car is the proper solution.

vegaguy 5555, LChaves and Horus like this.
  18. Horus

Horus Alien

Or use the secret logitech shortcut buttons. ;)

[​IMG]

They are rough and ready but they do work if you desire such things. I stick with 1170° and know the wheels have gone too far when they don't help me turn. :)

edit: The control.ini from my docs/assetto corsa/cfg best to put it in the controllers/savedsetups 'YOUR NAMED'.ini as well, as it can get over written from that one.

[STEER]
    JOY=0
    AXLE=0
    SCALE=0.7435897435897436
    LOCK=1170
    FF_GAIN=0.93
    FILTER_FF=0
    STEER_GAMMA=1
    STEER_FILTER=0
    SPEED_SENSITIVITY=0
    MIN=0
    MAX=0
    DEBOUNCING_MS=0

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    JusTiCe8 likes this.
  19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Guys, it is mandatory for DD wheels and beneficial for some consumer wheels.
    It is not simple dampening, there is a thread about it explaining what it does and how it works.

Here it is https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ff_experimental-enable_gyro-0.25329/

The ask is to have an option in the game menu so you can select settings to your liking, not to force it on everyone.
    Road effects are awful on most wheel, yet we have them.

I liked Kunos making option for FF refresh rate, this one seem like a setting of similar kind of importance.

detoit likes this.
  20. detoit

detoit Racer

There are quite a few "alternative facts" in this thread. Your reply however, I appreciate. I've read from several people now discussing the gyro option and really not understand what they are discussing. Now to each their own in regards to if they want it off and on - the option should exist just like soft lock.

I'm so use to text editing assetto corsa ini files that I literally have 7 shortcuts for quick access. It's just silly at this point to have all these great options and hide/burry them.

Kunos makes a better product than they advertise. I have an entire document for my friends who join.. it's daunting - especially in VR - rewarding and the best sim out there in my opinion though.

JusTiCe8, KRoman47, NightEye and 2 others like this.
  21. Horus

Horus Alien

It is a balancing act I would not like to take control over. You can go one way like with the never ending confusing PCar menu, or the AC bare bones easily understood menu, but with the ability to change more advanced options via ini files. Now you could have an 'Advanced' tab that takes you to these ini files, maybe even in a very basic text GUI (much like content manager, not saying Content Manger is basic as it is very well designed and created), but you know that a lot of people will play with those options, break the game and then you will need a dedicated task force to help them repair what they have adjusted/broken.

The ini files maybe hidden but if they are explained coherently on the forum, or can be implemented via third party launchers, then do Kunos really have to change a nice minimalist non intimidating GUI? Like I say this is a juggling act and personally the choice of how to do these things is already available and if you are looking for a solution to a problem, in AC or other soft/hardware, then it takes little time to find the resolution on a number of forums.

TDS, Jebus and Fat-Alfie like this.