1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Had quite a nice race showcasing how the AI has improved

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by ACJJ619, Apr 5, 2014.

1. ACJJ619

ACJJ619 Racer

Feel free to comment.

Anuj likes this.
  2. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

That looks as lovely a race as I Imagined after noticing the much better AI reactions on the player´s car position .
    Very nice race and a trillion Kudos to Kunos !

3. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Very nice !

I myself am quite fond of the AI improvements that have been made lately.

What strength was the AI set on in this video ?

4. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

But confess: how much you committed to not overcome 8 of them at the start? :)
    It's what always happens to me!

I suspect they use to brake 'cause they have somebody very slow in front of them.

In here I even get second before curva grande!

And also in here, but I suspect my car was a bit better than their.

Both races are made in Alien mode (100% AI).

Anyway, a part that, I also agree that after 0.8 release the AI is significantly improved!!!
    Good job Kunos! But keep working on it. ;)

EDIT: I mistook twice the link to first video, sorry! :D
    Corrected now. ;)

5. ACJJ619

ACJJ619 Racer

100%. I was just about lapping at the pace of the front runners but track position at the start ruined my race.

Patcha likes this.
  6. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Very nice again :)

I am set on about 95% percent right now and improving gradually.

I really like the Mclaren, I run it at Imola against a field full of it's own, great car.

7. ACJJ619

ACJJ619 Racer

Yeah the McLaren is really nice to drive. A little bit snappy near the limit but otherwise really good. I get a nice feeling of being dialled in with it.

8. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Yes indeed.

Recently I made a change to my FOV ( moved it from 46 to 53, single screen ) and somehow that seemed to reduce the ratio of the steering response ( more like 1 to 1 now ) which made the car feel less snappy at the limit. I find it much easier to recover from slides now.

I also switched the camera view from the cockpit to the hood of the car which seems to give me a better feel for how the car is interacting with the track, plus I can hear the tire squeal better. Not to mention that I feel less claustrophobic now on my single screen in the McLaren, Lol.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014