1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hardcore racing expirience(visual and mechanical damage) POLL

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by D.Jankovic, Mar 9, 2018.

?

Would you like to get stuck in gravel trap or have tire`s punctures during your racing in ACC??

Poll closed May 9, 2018.
  1. Yes

79 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Option to toggle it on/off and chose your damage(mechanical, visual etc.)

90 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

So after Watching the Pt.2 of the interview with Stefano and Marco from racedepartment they were talking interesting point about damages in endurance races etc.

(can be seen here)

So developer said that they are not fan`s of punishing players.
    What are your thoughts? Would you rather have punctures and damage or you would go for more casual option where there is no tire damage or no possibility to crash widouth repairs etc.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Hardcore Racers Mar 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Hardcore Space Sim : Rogue System May 24, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Loading "old" mods? + modded cars more hardcore as original cars? May 17, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Too hardcore for its own good/sales? May 22, 2014
    Chit Chat Room latest update impression form a non hardcore gamer point of view Nov 25, 2013
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Racing Pals RP Series - Sundays @ racing-pals.com Jan 22, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Coming back to racing Jan 7, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room I am trying to make a racing league! Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Racing/Hotlapping against other players' ghost Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - USA Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - World Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Sep 6, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023

3. Typer

Typer Simracer

Just to clarify, AIUI Stefano wasn’t saying that there shouldn’t be punctures or mechanical failures, just that he didn’t think that they should occur randomly without some player action causing them e.g. cutting corners or running off track could potentially cause tire or suspension damage.

I think that sounds like a pretty good compromise and would have the additional benefit of encouraging good behaviour. Random failures through no fault of your own, while realistic could just take the fun out of the game.

Also you might want to tweak the wording of the poll a bit, I don’t think anyone wants to get a puncture or to get stuck in a gravel trap.

pippo10, rycil, Poguinhas and 5 others like this.
  4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Yea i got the same idea after watching it 2nd time :D and reading some comments on other thread... But i was to bussy to edit my post appologies :) But i do totally agree Driver error should be causing the damage... engine blowouts randomlly is a no go also... But also if you run your tires to the limit should couse the punctures not only driving off the racing line...

EDIT: Sadlly can not edit the polle now but hopefully people will read or watch the video and figure it out

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Kind of flawed poll. My answer would be yes to getting stuck in a gravel trap (already possible with very low cars in AC so definitely a yes anyways, but a bit more 'hardcore' dynamics on that side - depending on how hard you put it into the gravel trap and also lower traction if it's wet - could be interesting) and obviously mechanical as well as visual damage options should be implemented (and were in AC, but again more, finer options would always be nice).

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Have a tow function, and lets go.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  7. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Not sure about this poll. I mean...could someone explain the reasoning for not choosing the last alternative (option to toggle on/off)?
    Why would you choose option 1 or 2 which basically forces realistic damage on or off?

8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Maybe and option if you get stuck you get CGI video that you are being towed and you get TP to garage and than idk like Repair time penality

Appologies for it... i messed up lol i wanted to ask people question that Marco asked Paul on interview.. and than i went with including damage lol. You are right about option 3 but i was going with it optional because in AC you can also chose settings you want and how you like it...so i thought people dont want it Hardcore(yes) and maybe want to have choice.

Kristaps likes this.
  9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I don't know, I dislike being a back seat forum dev. But this sounds very arcade. Developers would sort those things out. I watched A Blancpain race at Nurburgring and one driver got towed out. It was a 1000km race afaik, so it made sense.

I remember LFS had tow function in cruise server I used to drive. Also had an accident in iRacing not long ago, and I was offered to be towed. Simply having a bit of time in pits, and then continued racing, did the trick for me. Same goes for many other possible issues, not only stuck in offtrack or having a tire punctured (though you still can drive with punctured tire). But you can't continue driving if you burn the clutch, break suspension, run out of fuel, ruin the engine....

Basically tow has always existed in AC - it is called "reset to pits" :D

Oli Halkin, MABlosfeld and Kristaps like this.
  10. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Like if you don't have any other hazard in simracing (lags, freezes, connection lost, wife using netflix, BSOD, cat entering the room and showing close interest in your pedal work, and so on...). People ragequit for a spin, I can only imagine what they could do if the car is stuck in the gravel trap.:D

Romneyb, dermonty, AC_RAF and 3 others like this.
  11. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

Would you like to get stuck in gravel trap?This has happened to me many times in Live for Speed,every time to my fault and I like that realism.
    Or have tire`s punctures during your racing in ACC?If it is implemented on a realistic simulation in the tire model my answer is yes.

12. hehhe it's like those equally useless polls "would you like to have track X?" without offering a real alternative position :D

13. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Getting stuck in the gravel would suck. It is a game after all and not a job, I couldn't think of anything worse than qualifying for 30 minutes then getting stuck in travel on the first corner at the start of a race. An on off option would be a must if it is implemented.

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Thats true that there are many frustrating things in simracing. As just now I was crashed out in early 90s F1 SRS race, as it was just beginning to get really heated up. I gone out to gravel trap at Pirelli curve in Red Bull Ring, and I thought that it was a mirracle not to get stuck there with Jordan F1 mod car, which is lowest thing ever. I managed to regain ~4 positions anyway.

And I just thought that how it would be frustrating to experience that in sprint races. But I actually have a different opinion about endurance races, because time scale is so much larger, being stuck in a gravel and loosing ~minute would be so much less frustrating, but it also would add as an interesting event. Because, I think that driving many hours lap after lap might become monotonic, and such extra events could add more variety into action, and would provide some positive stress, which is called "clutching" in sports. Otherwise you lets say you would leave the track, reenter in a few seconds and quickly simply forget that it happend, while it should be a meningful event. Maybe not so much for sprint race, but for endurance race for sure. So I think it "hardcore" should not be in, or be optional.

MABlosfeld, chksix and pippo10 like this.
  15. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Couldn't this sort of option just be another "pro setting" and have servers enable it or disable it at will?

16. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Yes it would certainly make more sense in a endurance as that is not strictly about racing. Also not just anyone would be will to do endurance races, those that are would surely enjoy the real life downfalls more.

17. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Having those kinds of racing hardcore experience randomly would be a terrible idea... However having a puncture after having chosen the soft tyres on a 1h race would make sense

LChaves likes this.
  18. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I think, if they could toggle off gravel stuck in RealLife, they would.. LOL

19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think if RL could toggle no rain, then they also would. :rolleyes:

20. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I wouldn't mind getting stuck but even if that happens in real life dont they tow them out to continue? Also wouldn't mind the puncture because you are abusing the car like Stefano said just dont want random scripted punctures. But a damaged suspension due to abusing like he said sounds better to me. I'd also love to see the AI screw up:spin, blown engine, suspension damage and crash into the wall etc...[sorry if this is turning into a hidden wishlist :)]

21. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I agree with what Stefano said on the racedepartment interview. Any kind of damage produced by yourself, should be there. But not random mechanical issues.