1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hardware and lap time

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by nrc689, Apr 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Cool man, i'm suggesting high resolution and other settings low just because you will require high clarity to see and hit those apexes other eye candy settings will just get in way of performance and you will not notice it in serious race just try the settings i told you then adjust from their.

dek likes this.
  2. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Thanks, ok i'll try resolution at 120% and something to low, also i want try free fps to see the top. I hope not loose to much details for immersion. Thanks again for helping.

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  3. dek

dek Racer

That's how I always approach SIM racing. Less candy but smooth vision. That gives you low latency and clear racing.

Can recommend that very much.

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  4. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Hi, I tried your settings and I reached 70 fps but from 60 upwards the tearing increases too much, if vsync is active even worse .. There is no way. I tried all the combinations. In the end my best compromise between graphics and fluidity is 55 fps. I can't go any further. But I'm not complaining, a year ago I drove AC1 from a friend of mine at 26 fps (LOL) and it seemed fluid to me ..... I heard that the perception of fluidity varies from individual to individual.

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

As long as you are fine with it no problem at all.Hope my tips may have helped a little,Enjoy:)

6. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yes for sure! 5 fps more not bad. Thanks

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  7. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Well then you owe me a beer and a GF.
    :)

8. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Beer ok :).. GF?

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yea i dedicate too much time on your post than on my GF now she left never coming back :)

dek likes this.
  10. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Not true but true, I shall explain
    I agree practice, but the more you practice the ore you push the limitations of equipment as well as setup. You start tighting up suspension, learning more on how a vehcle reacts under braking, entering, trail braking etc. So setup comes next of course. In a PC world the limitations of game performance is your hardware. Yo will never convince anyone that a Min based PC lets just say a B370 MB, 8 Gig of 2400 ram, a amd/intel 4 core with a 7200 HD and a older GT Nvidia or Pre RX AMD Graphcs will be equal in performace that a modern Chipset 6 & 8 core CPU above 1700mhz with 16gb or 3200 plus ram on M.2 SSD drives. I have found a monitor is an advantage as well.

In the real world lets replace PC with real cars or motorcycles. It depends on skill when two equal riders or drivers on the same setup can be equal, lets say we put two equal drivers or riders on differing equipment (The Practice and feel is in effect) it tales tme to get used to the differences of the two.

But its apples and oarnges, this all coming from a guy who qualifies in the low 2k of all drivers in the sim. My goal is to be in the top 1k of drivers then hoping to break into the top 500

11. fabT

fabT Alien

I think you missed this key sentence in the OP: "I ride quietly and smoothly at 50 fps stuck and stable, up high and ultra. A faster PC can really give something more in terms of lap?"
    If you achieve smooth and stable 50fps i do think a faster PC would be marginal, at least i'd confirm that in about 20 years of sim driving more eye candy never made me faster :D.
    Letting alone a monitor.

Setups ? The stock ones offered by ACC are good enough to rank within the top 100/200 within most Leaderboards ( mind i'm just a very average driver ).
    So unless you're an alien i'd say it's better to actually practice and adapt your drive to stock setups and find your limit on those at first.
    Then you'll aim higher and fine tune them, eventually.

Anyway, i'm sort of a sim-driving dinosaur so don't take that too seriously ;)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  12. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Fabt we are two :). I remember Netkar in 1999....., paypirus, 1st gtr, rfactor, gtl, lfs, rbr and others!

dek likes this.
  13. fabT

fabT Alien

Yes, those. And Crammond's Grand Prix.

What an achievement when i finally got stable > 26FPS ( putting in a 3DFX Voodoo 2 ) in Grand Prix Legends.

Pleistocene.

dek likes this.
  14. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Young guys don't know what does mean for us 50 fps with this graphic LOL.. like a paradise!

15. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Everything. Here is why

Never mind, it wont matter.

But I am right, I am always right, no matter what I am right
    :)
    I shave 7 seconds off my time by switching to Gieco

I was sim racing on a 386 4hrz before any of you momma's had an affair

16. Default

Default Racer

I recently upgraded some stuff. Went from playing the absolute minimum settings, everything very low and resolution lower than my monitors native to now being able to run everything on high/epic. The game looks very good now and runs very smooth, but did I go faster? nope, exactly the same as before the upgrade.

R1-Limited likes this.
  17. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Thanks. That's was i looking for. Because someone said that you can loose something (lap time) with a poor hardware.

18. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Better fps smoother the game goes..

For example for me game runs 60fps stable
    But as soon sometimes fps drops to 40 i cant take corners properlly and even that fps drop can affect your lap.

So if somebody has better hardware and game runs smooth no problem he will be way better then somebody who has 30fps and tries to do laps.

Attleast thats my thought.

19. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Thanks, you make my point which I stated earlier and was clear withth e"EXPERIENCE"

Not point at you just a general response
    It is true you can play on "Minimal" requirements or less. As an example, I originally ran ACC with an FX-4350 and some 8gb cheap & slow ram. Asus 1050 2gb. Was I able to run, yes I could, with a minimal graphics. That said, weather, multi race made things worse and that would be frame freeze, or frame loss / stuttering causing me to miss corners or etc (Note was awesome with ACC 0.1) then the updates came :( . It was frustrating, playing AC was better, it handles my hardware better, forza NO WAY would it run.

I updated to an AMDFX-8350 with 8 GB of 3666 Ram (XMP) for AMD, and over clocked. Yes it too away the jitter, frame freeze for the most part but was not a done deal until I updated the 1050 to a MSI Armour 8gb OC 570. That was night and day and out side of the ghosting the EXPERIENCE was a game changer for me. Why? Because I began to enjoy the game more, I was able to relax and have fun with a no jumping, frame freeze or jitterng game. It allowed me to concentrate more on driving then anticipate when the next 10 frames are lost and I slam a wall.

Fast forward now in anticipation for full release, I update my hardware again, with a x470, Ryzen 7 1700x, 16gb or XMP 3200 G.Skill, M.2 (Boot HD) and Evo 860 (Data) SSD. Combined with the 570 the game is 99% where I want to be now with Experience. I will wait for graphics to drop in proce to pick up a 1070 or 2070. Later

Now to point
    Since my experience is night and day, and I enjoy getting on the SIM and spending an hour or more playing testing, I dropped 7 seconds plus on all tracks and working on more time, So the point is, Hardware though not everything is everything when it comes to over all experience in game. Now Experiance on Track meaning track time, knowing break points, getting used to the car(s) is another story and by far is Everything as well. IMO Experience is "EVERYTHING"

DropMIC.jpg

dek and D.Jankovic like this.
  20. Default

Default Racer

Your case is different to mine. I went from running very low graphics at 90 fps to running high graphics at 90 fps and that didn't make me go faster.