1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hardware changes

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Red Or Dead, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Hi guys.. Red here. Long time AC happy gamer
    FX 9590, RX 480, an AOC 27" 75hz monitor and a G27 a bit moded for more power.
    Nordschleife!! Zonda!! Love. Lets learn the track and go fast.. Well.. I did. I had the best moments of my gaming career there. My system was fast enough, my wheel was ok, so enjoyment level was at its best..

HTC Vive... Hmm... Why not? Lets buy that, plug it, setup everything, start AC. WOW!! Nice! It feels... strange.
    But its gooood! I like it!!
    TS-XW racer.... Hmmmmm.... How much better can it be? Well... Lets find out..
    Buy, plug, setup, start AC. LOL. OK.. Yeah. Thats better now.
    Same with the pedals.. Fanatec CSP V3. That brake is realy a game changer
    And with that, AC felt like a different game. A lot better then before

ACC time.. Download, start for the first time, and...... hmmmm... mixed feelings
    I have very low fps. So low that i can't understand how good the car feels to drive. Ok put everything on Low. Start again and boom! Yeah!! That feels goood!! The feeling is much better than AC! I can feel the weight of the car in a much different but better way. It is good. Too bad that my system can't handle the new graphics. Everything on low is not good. But ok.. i can live with that (as it turned out i couldn't). Maybe it will get better with the updates..

One day i got home and i found my self standing still in front of my PC and in my hands i had a big box. What is that??? C32HG70?? How did that happen??? Why did i buy that? My system is gonna fall apart. 1440p? Lol. no way!.. Oh well... lets try it.

Love. The best monitor i ever had. And now my system is so angry with me.. Some games play good but ACC that i want to play more then anything is unplayable.
    I need 2k for a new PC. I got all these new and good things and i can not use them.. I felt so bad that for the last 5-6 months my time gaming has hit all times low.

Yesterday i woke up in the morning with a strange feeling. The feeling of spending some money :)
    But on what? Graphics cards right now are a waste of money. My CPU is old and slow for new GFXs and also i should wait for the new Vegas. Should i go for just a new CPU with a mobo and some DDR4? Will it make any difference? Will i come back gaming? And most importantly, will ACC be playable? I think not.
    Ohhh.... What the heck? Lets go for it!

9700k, Z390-F and a pair of b-die ddr4. Yeah.. I know.. Night and day compared to my old system technicaly speaking. But will it make a difference???? After all my RX 480 is responsible for what i see on screen..

I'll try to make it simple.
    Old system: all low, 1440p, resolution scale 80%, alone on track around 80fps. 31cars + me 25~30fps and some times 20.
    New system: a combo of low, mid, high and epic settings 50~75fps and most of the time stays at ~60. LOL WTF??? Realy now??? Was my CPU that bad??
    As it turned out, for many new games it was that bad. I tested some others and the difference was big.
    One more example is AC Odyssey. It went from almost unplayable on all Low settings to finaly i can play and enjoy the game with HDR at 1440p on a compo of low to very high settings.

Happy. Realy realy happy. And relieved that it was money well spend. Future proof CPU side upgrade. All games playable, with graphic compromises yes.. but playable. Now i can wait for the new Vegas while enjoy driving my favorite Sim :)

Beckers and Karolinis like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions It depends on the hardware Jan 7, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality HP G2 necessary Hardware Oct 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Help for a beginner sim set up (hardware) Sep 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error [potential CPU/RAM OC complication or RAM hardware issue] May 15, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 fatal error [wide variery - possible hardware issue] Feb 17, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues ACC Server Hardware Requirements Jan 12, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Lets benchmark the new hardware for ACC VR Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions New hardware; low FPS..? Sep 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Considering better and better hardware, is more AI possible? Aug 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE Crash after last update [OC/hardware memory timing] Jul 20, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Issue with "Hardware Lock" Jun 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC Server Hardware Requirements May 3, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Hardware Spec Apr 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 FFB Disappearing [Hardware Issue] Feb 9, 2020