1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Has anyone noticed any ai improvements in 1.3?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Just asking because AI was conspicuous by its absence in the change notes. I am hoping that they are always making incremental improvements.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone got the TMX wheel to work in the game yet? Apr 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone been able to use the extra buttons on fanatec gt3 v2 rim or similar? Jan 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone noticed your best personal lap times are not shown each series Jul 10, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone upgraded from Ryzen 2600x to 3600x? May 20, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Has anyone tried this before ? May 8, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Has Anyone experienced the invalid spawn issue?? Dec 24, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Anyone experience pulsing signal navigating menus is ACC? All chassis mode BK's activating when not Sep 3, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer For anyone who has a problem with server search ! Nov 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone got any advice of balancing the URD cars with stock Toyota and Porsche? Jun 9, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone ever run identical laptimes ? May 9, 2017
    Console Lounge Has anyone here driven a Ferrari f40 IRL? Sep 14, 2016
    Tracks modding anyone has experience with MOTEC gps log CSV importing to 3ds max? Jan 21, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Anyone has some advice to run ac Nov 30, 2015
    3D car models Has anyone made 2015 hankook tyres for the sls gt3? Mar 23, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone noticed this..? Oct 16, 2014

3. cgorman68

cgorman68 Rookie

I did a race tonight with some and wasn't spun out from behind so that's good. I'm not saying there was a change but I can't think of one race on 1.2 where that didn't happen.

4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I'm getting hit more times by AI in 1.3 than it happened on 1.2. I don't need to make a video, is easily seen when playing races from the special events. And AI vs AI is also more messy than before, several times missing the road or hitting each other.

I believe Stefano tried to improve it but along the way he had to help Aris and other devs to finish all the cars and their updated tyre models, and other car mechanical physics. I hope he can nail it well for 1.4 and beyond, since sp pitstops will have to come at some point before the console version is released.

5. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

I have noticed more hits from the AI with 1.3.

6. plaid

plaid Alien

Oh well...Whatever, I gladly didn't updated the game. :D

7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But I raced online two times yesterday night and was good. Even for hotlapping, is worth driving the new cars, or even racing them online.

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Online is no priority for me andI hoped for AI improvements not the opposite. I know for some every update is "the best s*** ever", but if it was so much worse before folks wouldn't have played it. In both cases it feels vaguely like a real car. :)

Besides Im not so happy about that downshift-protection in GT's, I maybe get used to it, but cause I mostly downshift by sound, I don't want to get stuck and suddenly don't know in which gear im in.
    Yeah, I know its realistic, but its realistic too if I fall down that I maybe lose some of my teeth, that doesn't make it necessarly desirable.

9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

seems worse or more exaggerated.

my main points of concern after 1.3

-AI!!! if you get up their inside or even poke a nose in, they wander off wide somewhere!?!

-AI first lap are reminiscent of pcars haphazard ai now :(

10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But can you play the game at all without updating it? I think steam will force it when you want to run the game. But look, the down shift protection won't get you disorientated. It is not often, simply for example if you're in 3rd and you want to get in 2nd, you'll need to slow down a bit more the revs before downshifting, but is minimal. You'll simply stay in 3rd, the game won't put the car in neutral out of the sudden. In fact I sometimes benefited from the downshift protection, since sometimes I can carry more speed in 3rd or 4th, than going to 2nd or 3rd. And if you drive manual cars, the new feature doesn't apply for them.

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

To me the AI seems to be a bit faster, else unchanged. I had to tone down AI% setting a bit. Behaviour is the same as before. If there were changes to behaviour, I am unable to perceive them.

I got bumped into - but due to my own faulty driving. For those contacts there were, I do not hold the AI responsible, but myself. One needs to drive not as if one were the last man on Earth, but leaving room and time to other cars to react to one's own actions. Remember, the AI cars are subject to physics laws, too, if you leave them too little time/distance to brake or to avoid you, they will hit you. I would hit you in that case, too. No surprise.

And we certainly do not want the AI using transwarp technology cheats to avoid our zig-zagging kamikaze-flights. So: drive better. Not necessarily faster, but better.

Mogster likes this.
  12. plaid

plaid Alien

You can run steam in offlinemod, besides as far as I remember you can stop autoupdating, you will get asked if you want to update or run the game.
    I considered that after a older update had bugs.
    The statement that they will race closer to each other with 1.3 made me worrying that the frequence of bumps will increase. :D

Regarding shifting its like I explained, I often don't look on the geardisplay, but then I need the gearchanges to work always to still know in which gear I am.
    Not looking on the geardisplay make it easier to concentrate on driving.
    Besides its simply out of control like some people don't like TC taking away some of the influence on the car.
    I see it as a flaw.

However I will update, but maybe its better to wait for a (few) fix(es) before I get angry about the AI again.

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes, drive with the AI as they are human players. Having that mind set helps a lot. The AI isn't perfect but I really don't want to see a return to it being overly passive either.

LChaves likes this.
  14. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I remember that before 1.3, they always brake too early when they are not on the ideal line, to avoid going out of the track.
    Now I expend entire laps battling them very closely. Sometimes 3 wide and they tend to overshoot the corners more often (which I don´t think it´s a bad thing.)

Also is very evident that they are better on the green light reaction, no more exploiting this to get positions at the start.

I play 99% of my time with AI, and I can say I´m very satisfied with the AI at the moment.
    I hope someday we see them defending their position, spinning... this kind of thing.

15. Stereo

Stereo Alien

The AI still spreads too wide when running side by side (one on one side of track, one on the other) on straights, that's the main noticeable not-human thing they do.

they also work terrible on some modded tracks (completely on rails on their ideal line) but that's not something Kunos should be expected to fix.

Stepy likes this.
  16. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I usually do not play with AI, but while testing yesterday I raced against 16 GT40 on Barca moto layout. The start was messy but still cars avoided to hit each other. Once it settled down it was quiet OK. I was not able to catch a pack that was in front of me about 3 seconds ahead and suddenly the pack in the back started to catch me and cars was passing me with human like manouvers, sometimes a bit to agressive, but fair. Using this combination I did not saw a big difference compared to other sims AI. I do not remember what level of AI I was using.

17. AngeloMertel

AngeloMertel Racer

i made a few ai-races and noticed only a minor improvement in general behaviour, but still lacks stuff like fighting for position, defending position etc.

Is it allready possible to drive a custom season with the AI, with qualifying/race weekends without any major hiccups (like on qualifying the AI is ultrafast and on race too slow or inverse, or they run out of fuel etc.) ?! And ideally tell which of the drivers in the grid are the fast one and which the weak one, so the results of the drivers don't spread too wide after each new track to simulate a competitive season?!?

so, basically.....a finished racing-game?!

18. plaid

plaid Alien

Hm, they still crash into nearby walls, probably even more, I assume, if they leave the track more often.

It would be nice to use the AI again on tracks with nearby walls (Lucca,Macua,Bathurst, to some degree Nordschleife) not just those runoffzones-parks.

19. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I remember when watching one of the streams Stefano mentioned that he wished to implement this and I entered in "berserk mode" of excitement.

I think I will ask about how this is going on the next one. (AltoughI feel it´s annoying because Kunos receives more requests than Santa already.)

20. plaid

plaid Alien

There is a mod with which you can create custom seasons or entire careers. https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-2-accg-assetto-corsa-career-generator.17666/
    Pretty cool.

21. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

Same here.