1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Has anyone raced the 98t against the ai?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I'm just wondering how the AI sets boost output levels for both quals and races and if, with mechanical damage activated, the AI will be subject to the same level of engine burnout as the human player if boost is not managed properly in, say, a 20 lap race. Thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone got the TMX wheel to work in the game yet? Apr 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone been able to use the extra buttons on fanatec gt3 v2 rim or similar? Jan 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone noticed your best personal lap times are not shown each series Jul 10, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone upgraded from Ryzen 2600x to 3600x? May 20, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Has anyone tried this before ? May 8, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Has Anyone experienced the invalid spawn issue?? Dec 24, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Anyone experience pulsing signal navigating menus is ACC? All chassis mode BK's activating when not Sep 3, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer For anyone who has a problem with server search ! Nov 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone got any advice of balancing the URD cars with stock Toyota and Porsche? Jun 9, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone ever run identical laptimes ? May 9, 2017
    Console Lounge Has anyone here driven a Ferrari f40 IRL? Sep 14, 2016
    Tracks modding anyone has experience with MOTEC gps log CSV importing to 3ds max? Jan 21, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Anyone has some advice to run ac Nov 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone noticed any ai improvements in 1.3? Oct 9, 2015
    3D car models Has anyone made 2015 hankook tyres for the sls gt3? Mar 23, 2015

3. Eximo

Eximo Simracer

i have but it was only a 5 lap quick race on Imola. The AI handles the car far better than me and essentially kicked my arse :)

Not sure on how they where setup but i assume they use the default 60% boost

4. Alberto Llinares

Alberto Llinares Hardcore Simmer

They use the boost at 70%. You can see it in a replay for example.

5. keith dixon

keith dixon Racer

I did a 10 lap race with them yesterday at Monza and they just kept stopping everywhere until none were left running, not sure what the issue was but I'll run a few tests tonight and have another go

6. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Keith, unfortunately the incessant AI pitting, retiring and occasionally stopping dead on the track is a bug that they haven't quite squashed yet, although my last two races against the AI have been fine so I am not sure what triggers it.

Once pitting for players is introduced into the game, racing this car will hopefully become quite tactical, as it will be important to manage engine wear vs boost level, fuel and tires. However, it is difficult to anticipate whether (i) it will be possible to set mechanical damage server-side for MP so that all participants are equally vulnerable to the negative consequences of over-using boost and (ii) whether we will get to a place with the AI where it, too, has to deal with fuel use and tire degradation.

7. keith dixon

keith dixon Racer

The few races I've run of late have been with the GT's and the Tatuus and I had no problem's at all with them so I'm hoping maybe it was a one off, I don't spend a lot of time with AC anymore my interest kind of died so I'm not too worried to be fair, must admit to really liking the 98t though it's a cracking car to drive

Mechanical damage serverside should always be an option as should everything else, I run with it on regardless and pitting with the AI will just be a set window I would imagine, along the lines of codies F1 or something similar