1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Has anyone upgraded from Ryzen 2600x to 3600x?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andysonofbob, May 20, 2020.

1. Andysonofbob

Andysonofbob Gamer

Hi

In most benchmarks it seems to perform 20% faster but annoyingly non of them use racing games.

Has anyone made the upgrade? Did you notice the 20% difference in AC?

2. Pile Driver

Pile Driver Rookie

Haven't personally upgraded from my 2700X to something newer, but can tell you from experience and general understanding on how this stuff works that you should see the full 20% gain in this application if your framerate is CPU limited.
    Short explanation: Older games are usually limited by the performance per core. This means, adding cores doesn't do you any good, but adding performance on the cores does. Ryzen 3000 is simply by design a 15-20% faster core. So if the GPU isn't bottlenecking the FPS and if you have good RAM (Ryzen scales very well with memory clockspeeds), you should get the boost you expect. That doesn't mean however that I would recommend the upgrade - maybe if you can get it cheap, but I doubt those 15-20% would make a huge difference to your experience.

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I went from a 2700X to 3800x and definitely got the improvement. I went from struggling to hold 80fps to mostly holding 80 FPS (rift S)
    So technically it’s a doubling of performance.

Having said that, given that Ryzen 4000 series CPU’s are only a few months away (September ish) I wouldn’t recommend upgrading CPU’s now

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  4. Boonatix

Boonatix Gamer

I will upgarde from an older i7 to the 3950x soon... I guess I might see a big difference, can let you know :)

5. Pile Driver

Pile Driver Rookie

Just throwing in that Ryzen 4000 is expected to be released towards the end of the year if you can wait a few more months. Is it gonna be worth it? I suspect the gains won't be as impressive as from Ryzen 2000 -> 3000 since it's still the 7nm process but who knows.

6. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Racer

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and the CPU isn't the limiting factor for AC / ACC, my GTX 1070 is. If you have money to spend and you have an old GPU, go for that instead, your 2600X is fine. Unless you have a 4K setup with an insane GPU then yeah you will feel it but if not don't bother.