1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Has something changed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chobbit, Nov 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Chobbit

Chobbit Rookie

Hey first time posting here so hi, I'm in no way a great sim racer I do it for fun and have played online on AC but not ACC as I'm enjoying racing the computer cars to be honest currently 92% is my kind of racing level for a good race at the front. I do really like ACC but some strange thing has happened over the last few days.

I like my Bentley in real edurance series and in ACC and like many love Spa, so it's my go to track for a great race. I'm again in no way fast with my pretty consistent lap time being low 2:23's on normal setup and low 2:22's on the aggressive setup and I have no idea about setups so leave it to them defaults.

Blanchimont used to be flat in 6th for me on a dry day but over the last 4-5 days it's suddenly stopped being flat, if I do go flat I get massive understeer and spat off, if I try lifting anything more than 50% off the accelerator I loose the backend at high speed which always ends badly. I can make it with letting off the accelerator briefly before turning and then about 50% accelerator when turning but this wasn't the case for months before this and I'm loosing time in a corner the Bentley used to gain me time to the opponent's.

Has something been updated with the physics or tyre models recently?

It doesn't really feel different in other corners so if nothing has changed, what's the best way in the setup to combat either loosing the back end when lifting in a high speed corner? or reduce the oversteer flat out through there?

Appreciate the help ☺️

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Has something drastically changed in the F40 recently Apr 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Has something changed in AC? Jan 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Something that has bugged me for a while.... Dec 26, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Saturday at 10:08 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Access violation on game startup . The UE4-AC2 game has crashed Apr 11, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! on version 1.9.8 (the UE4 AC2 Game has crashed...) Mar 9, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Line 95 [SOLVED] Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Dec 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close - Fatal Error Oct 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Game has crashed.. Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Physics Why the Ferrari 296 has no suspension? Aug 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close - Fatal error! Jul 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions IXR has League Nights on Friday's 7:30pm BST Jun 18, 2023

3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

There might be differences in grip between the 2018 and 2019 versions of Spa. On some tracks grip changes between the years are simulated, but I'm not certain Spa had any changes.
    There might also be different track settings between the different series/seasons, and BoP of the cars has changed somewhat between seasons, but also here I'm not certain if that influences stock setups.

What I'm saying is, double check that you actually drive the same season as before on the same track settings.
    Other than that, changelogs can be found here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/news-and-announcements.61/

4. Chobbit

Chobbit Rookie

Well there is definitely changes between the 2019 and the new 2020 track and car, feels very different so maybe I was playing on the 2018 versions before switching to 2019 at some point