1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Headlights

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by th3o, Jan 17, 2019.

1. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Hey guys, i noticed that with v. 0.5 the players headlights cone during replays are now as small as the ones from the AI while before the cone was bigger and looked more realistic.
    Now with it being as small as the ones from the AI it looks everything more coherent during the night replays but also i was hoping that instead adjusting the players headlights, the AI cones would get bigger too. The way the headlights of the player car looked during replays and reflected on the ground (especially during rain) looked so realistic, i super loved it.
    Now my question: Was this a temporary decision and we will see bigger cones on all cars at some point in the future, or is this now the way it will be?

Cheers

nfsw55 and sps_for_race like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Toggle Headlights Issue after 1.9? Apr 23, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Turn Headlights off for AI Jan 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Headlights broken? Apr 29, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Porsche headlights indicator stays lit Apr 15, 2021
    General modding discussion HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING PROPERLY Feb 3, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Maserati Headlights Nov 27, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Audi R8 GT3 2020 new Endurance Headlights Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Headlights strobe Oct 28, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Car Headlights in Replays Oct 24, 2020
    Console Lounge Headlights Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars yellow headlights as an secondary choice - should it be possible? Apr 3, 2020
    Chit Chat Room RUF CTR Yellow Bird headlights problem Mar 12, 2020
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Chat Continues to Operate Car Functions (wipers, headlights, etc) Mar 8, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars High beam headlights Feb 2, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Headlights alignment incorrect Dec 23, 2019

3. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I'd imagine it's a performance reason, as having all AI and players with large headlight cones makes more shadows, meaning a lot less frames in the end and more people complaining about how unplayable it is because of the frames.

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

But now they have lost light and can't see as well..

5. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

i was also suspecting it to be resource related, but then again, at least it could be a graphical option to choose...something like "enhanced headlights on/off"

6. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

True and I don´t see a better performance by reduced lights now.

mESCx and th3o like this.
  7. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I noticed something similar when turning on my endurance headlights, like it wouldn't reflect any additional light on objects and cars, it just seemed very strange.