1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Headlights

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by th3o, Jan 17, 2019.

1. th3o

th3o Simracer

Hey guys, i noticed that with v. 0.5 the players headlights cone during replays are now as small as the ones from the AI while before the cone was bigger and looked more realistic.
    Now with it being as small as the ones from the AI it looks everything more coherent during the night replays but also i was hoping that instead adjusting the players headlights, the AI cones would get bigger too. The way the headlights of the player car looked during replays and reflected on the ground (especially during rain) looked so realistic, i super loved it.
    Now my question: Was this a temporary decision and we will see bigger cones on all cars at some point in the future, or is this now the way it will be?

Cheers

nfsw55 and sps_for_race like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Pixelated and Flashy headlights Jul 17, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.0.5] Ai Headlights in Daytime Jun 22, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Headlights stopped working during multiplayer Jun 5, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Headlights don't light up the road at night. Jun 1, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [V1.0] Spa Pit Daytime Headlights Lighting Jun 1, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Lexus RC F GT3 endurance headlights May 30, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Automatic flashing headlights when braking for corners? Apr 10, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Enable Headlights to be Always On in Multiplayer Feb 21, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AI headlights not lighting track ahead Jan 27, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Headlights on track Sep 21, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Only one headlights stage. Sep 17, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Problem to car headlights resolved Sep 13, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Headlights don't work Sep 13, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting No headlights zero opponent visibility fix not working Sep 13, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Headlights Sep 12, 2018

3. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I'd imagine it's a performance reason, as having all AI and players with large headlight cones makes more shadows, meaning a lot less frames in the end and more people complaining about how unplayable it is because of the frames.

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Racer

But now they have lost light and can't see as well..

5. th3o

th3o Simracer

i was also suspecting it to be resource related, but then again, at least it could be a graphical option to choose...something like "enhanced headlights on/off"

6. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Simracer

True and I don´t see a better performance by reduced lights now.

mESCx and th3o like this.
  7. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I noticed something similar when turning on my endurance headlights, like it wouldn't reflect any additional light on objects and cars, it just seemed very strange.