1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Headphone recommendations

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bgil66, Dec 13, 2016.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

for 50USD you can get HP comparable to 200USD HP ...

2. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Those do look like a great deal - please let us know how you like them. :)

Seria17hri11er and arthur666 like this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Good choice Arthur. IMO Philips have not fallen for the more-bass-is-better mentality but offer a well-balanced spectrum even im the entry level models. Let us know how you like it.

Seria17hri11er and arthur666 like this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Never heard of those, there is a helpful discussion on head-fi
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/802563/upgrade-from-philips-shp9500
    If they are as they say "poor man" HD600, must be a good grab for the price. I own HD650 and they are truly great, but need beefy amping to shine, if those are more efficient that's a wonderful deal.

6. This is why I never wear headphones when playing video games. :D I only use them when listening to music and what not.

7. Oh, on the topic of sound.

I removed my Sound Recon 3d from my computer for troubleshooting a very annoying and intermittent BSOD "Attempted Switch From DPC."

Using the onboard Realtek...god awful. I didn't expect it to be that bad. It's very bad. Bad dog, Realtek, bad!

8. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Yeah, the Realtek is what I'm using now. I'm going to dig up my old Soundblaster for this.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  9. I have HD650's at home with a Nuforce DAC/Amp (at one point another dedicated valve amp) and Sony MDR1Rs at work.

HD650s hands down are awesome and comfortable. I've had moments listening to some tracks that have had odd ambient noises that spatially feel like they're in the room ... more than a little freaky.

However I'd say listening to just engine tones you probably don't need to spend quite that much on some 'phones :) and having a real car that has output over 140db right next to my head has probably lessened the justification on high end audio :)

10. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Woohoo, BoomPro buddies unite! That's a fine mic indeed. Recently got a V Moda M100 Crossfade headphones, which are beyond amazing as far as gaming scenarios are concerned compared to my trusty old Audio Technica M50x (routing them both through an O2 amp that I got ages ago on a silly deal on massdrop) and they feel much much much more comfortable with the XL pads during long sessions. Got the BoomPro mic as my old ATR2500 desk mic fell over and died, and the quality of that little thing is on par with a good desk condenser mic. Don't mind the EDTracker stuck to the top of the headphones with rubber bands LOL, didn't want to spoil the cloth headband by velcro-ing stuff to it. :D

[​IMG]

arthur666 likes this.
  11. Libor Sabrik

Libor Sabrik Gamer

translated using google translate

I have Sennheiser RS 195 mainly for listening to music.
    Joe Satriani + RS 195 = wonderful flying in the house :)

12. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

I went for a Plantronics "Gamecom" : Nice sound quality and virtual 5.1 with a dedicated miniaturized sound card. I'd recommend this kind of stuff in order to guess where exactly is the car behind you with no need to actually look backwards.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Virtual 5.1 means only one speaker per ear but with a DSP turning in a surround sound using psychoacoustic effects? These systems can (!) work incredibly well. Requirement is that the source signal is already in surround format. The multiple-physical-speaker systems are rubbish.

14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

my neighbors are jerks so maybe I'll just ditch the headphones and just CRANK IT UP! ;)

Seria17hri11er and Brownninja97 like this.
  15. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Yeah i have Logitech Z623s that bass seriously pisses off when i max it out. lots of fun.,

bgil66 likes this.
  16. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Sorry I don't know what you mean by "DSP", but yes, virtual surround sound using psychoacoustic effects. ;)
    Yes it works well. Even when I had my actual 5.1 sound system around my PC, I was using my headphones, sound is very good and you can't be a nuisance for anybody. :cool:

17. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

This is without a doubt the best guide for headphones that are effective for gaming.

18. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

Bought the cheapest creative Z soundcard yesterday for €70 because the headphone socket on my onboard was loose and crackled. Did not expect how much better the sound is. Even with cheap €25 Philips headphone. I tried my Philips Fidelio X1 I use for music and it's unbelievable. Like driving new cars.

Seria17hri11er, esox71 and LeDude83 like this.
  19. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Did exactly the same thing yesterday. Moved from aweful realtek to Soundblaster Zx and was blown away by how the menu UI sounded way more bassy! Ccars sounded way better too, but who cares, the menu sounds great :p . In my case though, it certainly have to do with the creative SBX pro studio software that is adding some fake 3D and boosting some frequencies. I know its fake, but it does sound better to me so why not!

Seria17hri11er and esox71 like this.
  20. esox71

esox71 Alien

Tried different cards but always ended coming back to the Z.
    P.S. I use to use 5.1 with the sub under my chair, my whole rig would rumble.:)
    (optical).

Seria17hri11er likes this.