1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hello, and a couple of questions.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by gjvah, Nov 12, 2013.

1. gjvah

gjvah Rookie

First of all, great work so far. The game looks amazing and runs amazing (at least with one car on the screen, hopefully when AI is introduced, having more than one car won't completely kill the performance). I'm huge fan of sims, and I'm happy someone finally made this game for the PC. (I purchased a 360 just for Forza and a PS3 just for GT5). You guys seem to have the physics and visual department covered perfectly. Now for a few questions:

- Special Events. What are they? What's the point? I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but there seems to be no goal. Is there a specific time that needs to be beat? What's special about them? I honestly don't know what to do on them. What's the difference between the M3 challenge for example vs just driving the M3 in practice mode on the track?

- All the new cars in the dev blog - Where are they? You have pictures of them up, modeled with full interiors on your blog, and I don't see any of them in game.

- Controller support - On the steam page, you claim full controller support, yet I can't even pause the game with a 360 controller, or even assign the look left/right to the right stick.

Sorry for the long post, keep up the great work.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Trouble with creating Hello World App May 11, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Hello everyone Dec 8, 2021
    Chit Chat Room First post, saying Hello Oct 27, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone have a painfully slow forum experiance? Say hello to Discourage mode. Aug 17, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Hello Everybody Jul 27, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Hello Jul 15, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Hello, Assetto Corsa seems to be reading the raw data of my pedals Jun 10, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Hello, friends, I require some pedal assistance Jun 9, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Hello guys ! How to download ? Aug 29, 2018
    General modding discussion Camera transition effect Hello! Is it possible to remove that fade effect in the transition of cam Jan 18, 2018
    General modding discussion Default Pilot Skin Model Hello! Aug 23, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Hello everybody!! Jan 22, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Hello Everyone {^_^} Jun 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Hello everyone! Feb 19, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Hello Jan 9, 2016

3. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

snip...
    Hi gjvah and welcome to AC Forums.:)

Copied from my other post on a similar question:

About the Game
    Assetto Corsa is a next-generation driving simulator for Windows PC which reproduces real-world circuits, as well as road and racing cars. The game includes a single player career,special events and allows the player to create and customize offline competitions and multiplayer races to challenge other players.

Constant Updates
    As part of the early access program, starting by the first release, an update with new cars, tracks and features will be available every two weeks, adding new contents and improving the existing ones. All the vehicles and tracks will be released in a level of completion close to the final one, with the aim to deliver, starting by the first version, an enjoyable and satisfying simulation, featuring cars and tracks reproduced at their best, with the exception of unknown minor bugs that will be fixed and polished in time for the final version of Assetto Corsa.

Extended features During the whole process, the AI, Multiplayer and damage model features will be progressively added in the scheduled time, in order to close in short time the final release, that will include the career mode and other exclusive contents.

None of us can pause the game without using a keyboard.
    However you could use a third party soft eg. joy2key(freeware) xpadder(paid) and
    map a button to the esc key on KB, like i suspect most of us do.;)

4. Donga120

Donga120 Gamer

As long as the main functions of a controller work, that is what they wanted to do to start with, i suspect nearer to release, they will tweak and fine tune bits such as adding the pause button to a controller etc. Its early stages yet, as long as you have the main controls then dont worry, i am sure it will be added soon enough.

paulieGTR likes this.
  5. gjvah

gjvah Rookie

Thanks for the replies. What about the special events? Any idea?

6. Donga120

Donga120 Gamer

Not really important at the moment, however not sure about if it will be released before or after the game has launched, i would imagine before so we can test it..

7. gjvah

gjvah Rookie

So, lemme get this straight, special events are just names for nothing? There serve absolutely no purpose? They clearly state that in the current build, there is:

GAME MODES

- FREE PRACTICE
    - HOTLAP
    - TIME ATTACK
    - 12 SPECIAL EVENTS

And what do you mean not really important at the moment? It's a simple question. Do they server a purpose or not? I understand that this is early access, and AI, Career and Multiplayer (pretty much everything) is yet to be implemented. I'm asking for a feature that's IN the current build. It doesn't say "12 Special Events to be released sometime in the future". The store page clearly states they're in the game. And they are, I can play them. I just want to know what the point is. How are they different from any other free lap. Is there a time to beat on each? If so, where is this information stated? I'm not criticizing, just asking a simple question.

8. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

12 Special events is just a combination of track/car developer put in, because it's supposed to fit together(like Lotus 49 @ Monza 66).

9. Hi, I was wondering (because I haven´t found exact info anywhere) what kind of multiplayer options the game will feature? "...as well as a fully customizable, single player and multiplayer modes featuring quick races, race weekends including free practice session, qualifying session and race." So can you race with your friend and have the rest cars controlled by the AI? And furthermore can you set up different kind of championship series to race with your friend(s)?