1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Helmet cam feedback

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mister dog, Sep 15, 2018.

1. mister dog

mister dog Hardcore Simmer

Tried helmet cam with a closer FOV (default is way back), there is great potential here as the way the car moves over bumps is already simulated and it feels more immersive than the default views. Coming of PC2 where I always play with helmet cam, I'm missing that the camera doesn't really 'look to apex' when turning into corners as of now. That would be something essential for poor peasants like me that are still bound to a single screen.

Also we definitely need a way to pan the camera up and down from the camera control menu itself, as in default helmet cam you're looking more at the dash than the track itself.

Kapoo likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Helmet Cam Sep 16, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Helmet cam Sep 14, 2018
    Screens & Videos Multiplayer First Lap was war [Audi R8 LMS 2016] @Monza [Assetto Corsa] Helmet cam Jan 12, 2018
    Screens & Videos AC [Helmet cam] BMW M3 E30 Gr A92 @Nurburgring GP: Multiplayer MR[ABC] Nov 23, 2017
    Screens & Videos Virtual Onboard Lap F1 - Helmet Cam - Spa Francorchamps Aug 28, 2017
    Screens & Videos Compilation Assetto Corsa BMW Multiplayer Helmet Cam[FPV] Mar 10, 2017
    Suggestions Helmet Camera View Sep 11, 2016
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa 1stPersonView Multiplayer KTM X-Bow at Vallelunga [Helmet Cam] Race Human 100% Sep 9, 2016
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Helmet cam Multiplayer Audi S1 quattro at Magione First Person View race Human 100% Sep 2, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Helmet Cam View Mod + Download Dec 8, 2013
    ACC General Discussions Default helmet view Sep 15, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Can we have custom helmets? May 6, 2018
    General modding discussion Helmet_Glass file, how to implement Jan 11, 2018
    General modding discussion 69 helmet and suits and gloves templates? Jan 3, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Trying to change drivers helmet Dec 31, 2017

3. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

also need the option to remove the hands and wheel
    and use the look to mirror settings in helmet cam as well.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Epistolarius and mister dog like this.
  4. tow

tow Gamer

Helmet cam not allow to look left and right?

5. mister dog

mister dog Hardcore Simmer

As far as I can tell you need to press a button for that right? I mean the camera turning automatically towards the corner on entry.

6. digit0junkE

digit0junkE Rookie

I totally agree with you,there should be an option for the helmet cam view where it would "look" to apex. It's especially very useful for people that don't have VR nor triples. I also noticed that "look left" and right does not work with helmet cam.

cr4wl3r0 and mister dog like this.
  7. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

+1

8. If Kunos get some options done like RHM does it will be great :)

9. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

If you look in documents/ ACC/config/cameraoptionsea.json
    you will find a look with wheel option, change it to 1 and the camera looks to apex in first cockpit cam as you turn in.

Paratus, mister dog and Ischemica like this.
  10. BEsnake

BEsnake Gamer

Braking with helmet cam is a good way to get motion sickness i dont like it moving under braking. I ques we wil get options to fine tune it at some point

11. ConcreteC0w

ConcreteC0w Rookie

This option is awesome. Much better immersion and default view is too far back as op said but nothing some tweaking can't fix

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

12. Naondave

Naondave Gamer

There is no rear view mirror in helmet cam either.

13. tow

tow Gamer

This make me motion sickness.

14. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

I've enjoyed Helmet cam so far but only had a few hours to play with various settings. Would like the look left/right functionality added in.