1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[Help & Support] The Anti-Aliasers - Anti-jaggies thread [Enough resoved]

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Patcha, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Hi all!
    I made a search around the forum, tried different solutions... but personally I still can't get free from jaggies. :(

First of all a premise: I'm not such a technical expert (otherwise I wouldn't need an help, I suppose).
    So be ready to read eventual errors or technical nonsenses! (I hope not... anyway.)

My hardware is in the signature, but I report it in case it would change from the date I write this post.
    Configuration: <CPU> AMD Vishera-FX 8320 8X; <Cooler> Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme Rev.2; <MB> ASUS M5A99X EVO R2; <RAM> 4x Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (16GB ToT); <GPU> nVidia GTX770 (Asus); <Monitor> Samsung T22A350 22" Full HD HDMI; <OS> Windows 7 Professional; <HD> SSD Samsung 128GB + 2x 1Tb Secondary HDs mirrored; <Wheel> Logitech G27.

Now, let's talk about jaggies: they just don't wanna go away!

Initially I used an ingame setting which included: 16x FA, 8x AA & FXAA Off (Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing, right?).
    That's because the word "Approximate" didn't had such great impression to me...
    (If you need to know any other setting, just ask.)

This is a screen made with such settings (click it, to see HD) and you can clearly see jaggies on the edge of front wing:
    NurburgringMeno2.jpg

Then I suspected that FXAA is additional to base AA, so I tried 16x FA, 8x AA & 6x FXAA (max).
    But jaggies were still there (Click to see HD):
    StillJaggering.jpg

So I followed suggestions which want the solution to be in nVidia driver settings, and I activated and raised random stuffs... including forcing AA to 32x CSAA and 8x Transparency AA.
    If you click to see HD, you can still see jaggies on the edge of front wing and on his top black line:
    MaxStillJaggies.jpg

With this last try, I noticed jaggies effect looks lower with direct light on front wing...
    At the end I'm suspecting that to make screenshots jaggie-free you must choose the right camera angle, vehicle position, light angle (or darkness)... and maybe some photoshop retouch, if you want...

In here I just tried a different camera angle to prevent jaggies, but still no settings change...
    JaggiesPreventAngle.jpg

I wish somebody could confirm, negate or suggest a real working setting... and please: be very specific, maybe "dummies level", so we'll be sure to understand the jaggie-graal solution. :)

Thank you for your time!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  2. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

Download Nvidia Inspector, then create a profile for AC (acs.exe) and set AA Transparency Supersampling to 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling and see how it looks.

edit... you may need to lower your ingame anti aliasing a bit :)

Patcha likes this.
  3. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Wait... for "Nvidia Inspector" do you mean this?

[​IMG]

'cause I download 1.9.7.2 and looks like much more something like this:

[​IMG]

And I see nowhere to create a profile for games!
    Maybe this application also suffered about the new fashion to make programs easier to understand even if more limited?
    Or am I blind?
    Or it's two different programs?

If I known how does "Sparse Grid Supersampling" sound in Italian, I would try to activate from nVidia control Pannel... but sometimes it's a problem to have it localized in your language. :\

Anyway I already tried with Transparency Antialiasing 8x... it's something similar?

4. Majnu

Majnu Racer

Assetto Corsa already has a profile there is no need to create one. Just type in Assetto Corsa in the Profile name and it should come up.

Click on the spanner and screwdriver icon in your second picture to bring up the profiles.

Patcha likes this.
  5. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

'Griglia grossa Supersampling'

Patcha likes this.
  6. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Ok, found and tested... but it actually affects my performances. :(
    (Click on each image to see it full HD)

2x Sparse Grid Supersampling: less than 60fps:
    2xSparseGrid.jpg

4x Sparse Grid Supersampling: less than 50fps:
    4xSparseGrid.jpg

8x Sparse Grid Supersampling: less than 40fps:
    8xSparseGrid.jpg

At the end I decided to keep my jaggies while playing, by setting nothing particular for Transparency Antialiasing.
    They are actually very few with my base settings, and can't be noticed while playing.

If I smell I have a great screen to be done, I'll save the replay, activate Sparse Grid Supersampling and then run to recover the topic moment on the replay!

So the solution (at least for your screens) seems to be: download nVidia Inspector and run it.
    [​IMG]

Than click the very small spanner and screwdriver icon close to "Driver Version" field (you don't need to expand the window with "Show Overclocking" button).
    [​IMG]

There's already a profile for Assetto Corsa, so type it on the Profiles field to filter and find it easier.
    After you clicked Assetto Corsa profile, to the "Antialiasing - Transparency SuperSampling" field and set one of the Supersampling I wrote over images.

7. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Anyway, I think Kunos should add the "Transparency Antialiasing" option inside Assetto Corsa settings, directly.
    It would be comfortable. ;)

EDIT: anyway, I almost forgot: thank to both of you! Very kind! ^_^

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    marlo0081 likes this.
  8. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Benjamin Joel, claudiopolez and Majnu like this.
  9. Majnu

Majnu Racer

Nice find. So that explains why negative lod made no difference when even used with sgssaa.
    Edit
    I'll ask the nvidia reps at guru 3d to look into this too.

claudiopolez and Patcha like this.
  10. Majnu

Majnu Racer

11. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Anyway, I wonder if ATI users have any kind of similar problem with Assetto Corsa...