1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Help with FF settings in G27 Profiler and in-game please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

After the recent updates I feel that my FF settings need to be re-calibrated. I've never felt the need to use the FF Clipping app before (although I'm open to it) and for the time being I'm just asking for a baseline to work from, i.e. what FF settings, in all fields, do any experienced drivers here use with a G27, both in the Profiler and in-game? Your advice will be much appreciated, thank you in anticipation.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals My updated g27 FFB settings May 21, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 Rotation Settings Sep 13, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions My personal G27 force feedback settings Dec 1, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Have G27 Input Settings changed at all? Jan 7, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech g27 works in settings / config. , but not on track! Nov 12, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech g27 does not work in game but does in settings Nov 12, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 works in settings but not on track! Nov 11, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech g25/g27 settings for 1.2 Aug 24, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 recognized in settings but not in race. Apr 16, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 sensitivity settings (profiler) Feb 22, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Help - drift settings for logitech g27 Nov 22, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 recognized in settings but not in game (solved: disabling combined pedals) Apr 18, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 Settings?? Mar 8, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Camera Settings / Some settings not working Binding Monday at 8:29 PM
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

First of all, use this:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/lut-generator-for-ac.31699/
    profiler:
    allow game to adjust
    AC
    80-90
    .... i keep them all to zero, specially with lut generator *
    use ffb clipping app, and you dont need to care about anything else since its automatic at first. From my experience if you want about 0.8-.1.5 mild clipping but I might be wrong about that. Im not using a G27 though but a t300rs, but same should be the same.

* road and so on is to your preference, i personally keep them to 0.

PuffTheMagicBelgian and ears1991 like this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

Gain is now changed per car on track with '-' and '+' on the numberpad. As for settings mine are in my signature, but I have adjusted the FF_skip, gyro and softlock and used @ears1991 steering ratio change. I'm sure you are about to be inundated with settings, good luck finding something that fits your needs.

edit: Welcome back Kofo, good to see you around the forum. :)

kofotsjanne likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im not "back", I just helped a fellow sim racer out. :) A lot of toxic behavour on all sim racing forums though and I dont want to be a part of it.

6. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Thanks so far, much appreciated.

7. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Why did you have 2 pictures of 2 totally different settings?

edit: ok i didnt see it was global and game specific. My bad.

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Why on earth you keep doing the mistake of zero dampening?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Nao and PuffTheMagicBelgian like this.
  10. Horus

Horus Alien

It only works when you are stood still, or going very slowly, so it is of very little use Liak.

edit: It is also a fake effect so unnecessary. But hey some use DoF, lower steering ratio, etc etc that is why we have ini files and options, each to their own.

11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

It's also needed for gyro effect.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Nao and PuffTheMagicBelgian like this.
  12. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

I just wanted to add to keep damper on max 30%. (I keep it @ 10% myself 30% = too heavy for me)
    This simulates tire resistance when stationary. And what @liakjim stated i didn't know, but makes sense, that it is needed for gyro to work.

Nao likes this.
  13. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Could you write down, or link to the post about this @ears1991 steering ratio change?

14. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

xystof and Horus like this.
  15. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Thank you! Such a helpful person you are :) but well, that's a interesting thing now. does it only apply to the virtual steering wheel - I mean that only the gfx looks of the wheel, or to the physics as well?
    Because from what I understand, AC uses kind of speed steering for G27 that allows to recompensate bigger than 900* steering rack - I mean that in cars with over 900* lock-to-lock like F40, Miura steering becomes nonlinear to recompensate the lack of lock-to-lock rotations on G27.
    So with this option we get the full linearity of the steering but we lost full lock-to-lock steering, yes?

16. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Yeah this overrides the compensation thing you describe so f40 etc will be linear, you just lose the last few degrees so parallel parking might be more tricky
    But yeah it affects the physics, and the virtual wheel will be correct too as a result (assuming you have the "limit virtual wheel degrees" setting off)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

17. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Gonna give it a go when I'm back from work. We will see how my beloved F40 will drift with it :D on the other hand you don't use much more than 360* of lock during drifting and until then it's linear in F40 from what I remember...
    But anyway, many thanks! :)

18. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

i think itd be slightly more difficult to drift as you have the same amount of time to turn the wheel further to get the same angle in the game, good luck though :)

19. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Well, then it will be more realistic. The real thing also doesn't have nonlinear steering ;) Maybe I'll add just a little bit more FFB to make the wheel rotate a little bit faster.

ears1991 likes this.
  20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Still don't know the sense of posting the global settings - they are not used when there is a game-specific profile or do I get something wrong?

21. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

I used to think this 2. But the other day i was testing this theory, and when i use let's say. 100% damper in global and 30% in game specific. Nothing changed in-game, then when i changed the global setting, it did change in the game. This always had me confused and only for the ****ty logitech profiler i would dump this wheel and get something else.

So now i mirror my settings in global and specific, kinda beats the purpose but oh well, i only play 1 race game. The best one! :D