1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hotfix Targets

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Winston, Oct 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. It's broken? The SA rating is working very well for me. My SA is 98 atm and I'm doing multiplayer only at every server with people on it.

Edit: I don't think it's fair to call the game broken just because you're too focused on a single number.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Serge M and sps_for_race like this.
  2. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Gamer

Well done you. What was your SA before the 1.10 update? It’s easy to maintain your SA, but it’s very hard to increase it. I didn’t bother farming SA so my SA was 59 before the update. My SA has now dropped to 56 after a handful of races where I was crashed into by other drivers.
    I bet you’re also racing on SA > 70 servers, which generally have better quality racing with fewer noobs dive bombing the first corner.
    It’s not just me that has issues with SA, do a search quite a few people have raised this issue.

3. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

If everyone would be a perfect driver, we wouldn't need such a Safety Rating + everyone had to go through, there was no season when you have got SA points as present.
    And these complains comming up since the introduction of SA and with every update.
    I guess, that the tweaks on all ratings also happening any time, not only with updates.

After_Midnight likes this.
  4. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

And remember gaining SA from 0 to 50 is easier than everything beyond, it isn't scaling linear.

5. I'm really not sure about but I think about 95. Because I'm not that focused on a single number.

No offense but in my opinion a good online racer has to anticipate the race situations.
    You've to be aware of what can happen. And yes there are some dive bombs and very optimistic overtake attempts.
    You've to be able to make a step back and let them pass you even if you're right. You'll get them anyway.

Metzger and sps_for_race like this.
  6. Out of my experience I 'd call it basically wrong. You can find very clean racers also at low SA servers and frustrated idiots at high SA servers.
    You should never forget you're racing against humans. Humans are doing mistakes sometimes. Not every crash is done on purpose. It's racing.

7. That might be right but there are also people out there without any problems SA related. People like me.

Sorry for the triple post but the forum don't allow me to post it at once for whatever reason o_O

8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Worth reading:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...acc-rating-system-part-ii-long-version.51975/

9. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Gamer

If this is wrong, that you don’t get better cleaner racing in higher SA servers then what is the point of having higher rated SA servers?

10. The purpose of the rankings should be clear. But I think the actually player numbers of ACC are not high enougth to get it working like intented.
    But it's still wrong in my opinion to say low SA rated people are not able to drive clean and fair.

baboon likes this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

How long are the races your doing? I'm playing single player at the weekend, and only for the past 3 weeks, before that there was a big gap, I have a safety rating of 79 and I've had some door to door incidents and gone off track more often than I'd like.

I started doing longer races 40 minutes, if your doing short races you may not be giving yourself enough time to build up stats.

12. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

My thoughts on this are:
    1. The higher the rating, generally the cleaner the rating, but >70SA servers are not a nirvana of clean racing. Forget that fantasy.
    2. Generally everyone is trying to improve their ratings, so there is no reason why someone with a very low rating isn't doing their best to improve. They could be on their way to 99 for all you know.
    3. Because of this, generally the standard of racing is actually fairly clean. The SA rating is working across all servers as I see it.
    Yes, there will always be some 'wreckers' but as far as I see, properly malicious drivers are very few and far between.

After_Midnight and sps_for_race like this.
  13. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Also be aware that trust is build only when driving close to another car. If you are lapping alone you ain't gaining anything and any contact will have bigger impact.

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It’s very likely to keep people like you out.
    No offence but if you are having trouble getting higher SA then maybe you have reached your SA wall? I was 90 last week and 93 now, few normal and some even annoying incidents in there. I race online only.

At some point you have to stop blaming everything but yourself and have a good think about your own racing behaviour around others.

Reality is if everyone was getting a high SA and had no issues then THATS where’s you could say that it wasn’t working