1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hotlaps : which conditions to apply?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC_RAF, Jun 14, 2016.

1. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

I love hotlapping.
    I only play the game this way. Neither the career nor the online interest me.

My aim is to be the quickest I can on a sigle lap, looking for the best trajectories, the best braking points and the best handling of the steering wheel. So, definitely, RSR Live Timing is my best friend :)

It's a choice, a way to play, and I know some will scream that it's a shame to miss the online game :)

Anyway, what I want to know is what conditions should I choose to be competitive without cheating.
    The only factor is the temperature of the air and the time of the day (that affects this parameter).

I want to stay "PRO" ranked but I don't know what is the common parameter to be in the perfect condition, staying on the rules!

I read that the lower air temperature can improve engine performance... But is it still PRO rated on RSR?

Thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay hotlaps online? Apr 15, 2022
    ACC Tools ACC Driver Ranking Tool (Hotlaps) Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Leo Sousa - Hotlaps, Setups, Track Guide, Prime Skins, Coaching and Tips Dec 2, 2021
    Screens & Videos HotLaps Istanbul Nov 14, 2020
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa livestreams & VR hotlaps! Apr 5, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Results json files not written for Hotlaps, practice and MP races Aug 18, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards How to save hotlaps May 30, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Special event Hotlaps not updating properly Jan 8, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues No sector times shown during hotlaps Feb 24, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds RSR Live timing, hotlaps not online from one PC Nov 30, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Hotlaps not logged in RSR Oct 24, 2016
    Console Lounge Videos of your hotlaps.... Sep 24, 2016
    Suggestions Leaderboards for Hotlaps Aug 26, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Racing/hotlaps won't start (menu system ok) Nov 29, 2015
    Screens & Videos V10 & v8 f1 hotlaps Sep 19, 2015

3. Pro rank is set to 26c, not sure what weather/time of day setting is optimal as far as laptimes, if there is any difference at all, but neither is locked in for Pro ranking.

Tiago Lima and AC_RAF like this.
  4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

If I'm not totally mistaken, the time of day determines how hot the track temp became during the day.
    So in the morning the track is cooler than at noon at constant 26° air temperature. So use early daytime if your tyres tend to overheat and afternoon times if you can't get them warm.

Applying logic to weather I'd say the tarmac is colder the more clouds you have.

Won't make a hell of a difference, but a hotlap record is made of many small pieces.

AC_RAF likes this.
  5. Cip

Cip Racer

Same here @AC_RAF but i think as long you get the tiers working you are set to hotlap. Diffrences are too small, only way to test it is AI.

AC_RAF likes this.
  6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Weather has an input into the track temperatures as well as the time of the day does. In the weather.ini files you can look at this factor:

TEMPERATURE_COEFF=1 ; values -1 to 1. Creates a variation of the asphalt temperature relative to the weather, ambient temperature and time. See the readme_weather.txt for explanation

f1webberfan likes this.