1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 How can I calibrate my Thrustmaster T80??

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Dieguino17, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Imonack21

Imonack21 Rookie

What is your preferred sensitivity while racing? i find green is a bit to sensitive any suggestions?

2. Imonack21

Imonack21 Rookie

What is your preferred sensitivity while racing? i find green is a bit to sensitive any suggestions?

3. Great fix Haulin Hebrew! :)

On the red sensitivity setting I found the following in-game settings worked a treat..

"Speed Sensitivity" to 75%
    "Steering Speed" to 50%
    "Steering Deadzone" to 0%
    Steering Filter stays at its setting of 60%
    Steering Gamma stays at its setting of 100%.

Also as you guys probably already worked out to make your gear change "flappers" work on the T80 from the Playstation "Dashboard" go to Settings/Accessibilty/Button Assignments..enable Button Assignments on the 1st option, then open "Customise Button Assignments" and assign L1 to Square and R1 to X.

Video to just show how this translates to the track. Factory assists.

Please note: I gave full credit to Haulin Hebrew for this great fix in my YouTube video.

grT

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  4. Thanx RacergirlTracey, ;) But big Shout out to Imonack21. he posted the information to help remind me of the old PS3 GT6 fix video I had A year ago. If it weren't for his post I never would have related the two fixes. It was A community effort:D

5. Thanx for your input Racergirl tracey I didn't know you can further adjust the settings. after the reconfiguration to the DS4 Settings. I will have to redo the video.:oops:

6. Imonack21

Imonack21 Rookie

Glad I could help. Happy racing all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I remade the video to give Advance settings as well.

8. I have to say that looks really good to me Haulin Hebrew. I will test this later on today but the fact that the on-screen steering wheel movement(s) now match the steering inputs from your wheel makes me think that you've found a near perfect solution. My concern (with my settings) was that the "minute" responses (and steering corrections made "in-game"..) around the centre deadzone point were not quite linear.. It was close but not perfect. As I say I think you've nailed it..certainly it looks really good in your video. The important thing is getting the right "feel" from your T80 compared to a supported wheel. In my case I am making comparisons to how it feels in-game using a Thrustmaster T150 which I also own. So it looks to me like you've done a really good job!!

Thank you. :)

Great video.

grT
    P.S. using preset 2 also does away with, from what you're saying, any need for button "reconfiguration" from the "dashboard" settings menu. Another advantage with your suggested solution. Nice one.

9. Hi Haulin, just tried your suggested settings. I think both setting suggestions (yours and mine) are perfectly "driveable". I think evidence of the fact your suggested settings are more precise and correct than mine is evidenced by how the in-cockpit on-screen steering wheel behaves. My set-up whilst not as precise and correct I think reflects the "feel" from the steering that I personally as an individual was looking for.. I think my settings reflect my personal preference. Your settings are I think definitely more technically precise and I suspect probably the majority of people trying this out will prefer your settings.

Also I take your point onboard to use preset 2 to allow your steering wheel gear "flappers" to function correctly. My solution worked but it was a bit more convoluted..!

Thanks for all your help and for your tips on how to get this to work.

I'm back using my Thrustmaster T150 wheel (interesting to make a comparison between the two wheels after using your fix) as I really was working on the T80 to help a friend out.

Best wishes, Tracey

P.S. I also race Assetto Corsa on pc, have been doing so for about a year now, and it's quite interesting to compare the two versions. Maybe it's just me but the console version does seem to have a subtly different feel to it when you are racing.. It's pretty close though having said that and the console version once you get into it is very good imo. I also race iRacing, R3E and rfactor on pc. . It's great that we are now getting some more "sim" orientated racing games on the consoles. Long may it continue! ;)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Haulin Hebrew likes this.
  10. Thanks girlracerTracey, but my reference was not to prove which option is the best, but only that they are different, My intent is only to help Assetto Corsa members understand everything about the T80 relations to Assetto Corsa so the user can set the wheel to their own preference, and not just copy ours. "Give A person A fish,and they will eat for A day, Teach A person to fish, and they will eat for A life time" That's what the forums are for.

Not to prove who knows the most, but to help every member in the community to be the best they can be in Simulation Racing.

Assetto Corsa is A great Sim that I am appreciating more every day. I haven't raced all the PC titles as you, all of my experience is on the console. Gran Turismo 1-6, A variety of Codemasters F1 titles, Project CARS, Forza Motorsport 6, and now Asseto Corsa. which has the most detailed FFB that I have ever felt in A Racing title, I have A Thrustmaster T300 too, but I still use my T80 sometimes:D. So I still make videos for it because so many people in the community still use it too, but now since the T150 has been released more people are going to that as an entry wheel. because it is the best wheel for the money.

I just got off P CARS with the T300 and I just noticed you can't feel the road when driving in A straight line, but you can in Assetto Corsa, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. As A whole I love Project CARS for the dynamic weather, and Dynamic Time Of Day, and A ton of Locations to race at. Assetto Corsa has perfect sound, and FFB out of this world, and soon to come Porsche. Kunos Simulazioni is going to build more track locations, because AC really needs some North America circuits too, like Watkins Glen, Road America, Road Atlanta, Lime Rock, and Circuit Of the Americas, then AC will be unstoppable.

Until P CARS 2 is released LOL!o_O

11. Haulin Hebrew, I completely agree with everything you say..

Just to say also that I have worked (to suit my own preference) on your settings a little bit further and I have found a setting (only very slightly different from yours) that suits me perfectly. In fact it's so good I am pretty much matching my lap times set with my Thrustmaster T150 ffb wheel on PS4. Basically I have used your settings in their entirety and just changed (under advanced settings in-game) to a 0% Deadzone and 10% Steering Filter. Otherwise everything exactly as per your settings above.

So I am running in Gamepad mode on the flashing Green Light sensitivity setting with the following in-game advanced settings:

Steering Sensitivity 100% (same as yours)
    Steering Speed 100% (same as yours)
    Steering Deadzone: 0%
    Steering Filter: 10%
    Steering Gamma 400% (same as yours)

It was the slight tweak I needed for it to be as near as perfect as you get..for me.

Here's a video to show how accurate I am finding the steering inputs now. No assists (no tcs or abs) and zero stability control.

You're a genius Haulin.. ;)

My friend is using your settings now also and it has transformed the game for him on PS4. Totally..

grT

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Haulin Hebrew likes this.
  12. That was an Amazing Race!!!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  13. :oops: Oops! Didn't mean to post this

14. Miticorio

Miticorio Rookie

i've just received my t80 wheel. is there any new solution for this wheel after the patch 1.10?thanks

15. You should be able to use the Thrustmaster T80 straight out of the box now in PS4 T80 mode, I would start with the same Advanced Settings as the PS3 DS3 Mode in my video. My T80 Is in the attic now, So there may not be any T80 Updates in the near future from me.

The big draw back from The PS3 DS3 mode from the video is you can't look behind you:( but it does really improve the steering input.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  16. Miticorio

Miticorio Rookie

Thans for the reply but i think your settings do not apply any more after update 1.10