1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

How can I prevent to go in neutral when shift down with paddles

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DavideVR 2, Oct 5, 2020.

1. DavideVR 2

DavideVR 2 Rookie

Hi
    how can I prevent to drop in neutral when shift down with paddles when car is still moving? I'd Like that after reaching the first gear when the car is still moving dont drop on neutral if i accidentally press one more time the paddles.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Prevent Empty Server session restart May 24, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Broken rating system preventing ppl from competing in CP races Apr 26, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Is there anyway of preventing it? Apr 11, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Crash on launch [BitDefender/Antivirus settings preventing file creation on startup] Jan 10, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality VR Menu & HUD prevent move with head? Mar 5, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues Lotus Exos / Exos S1 - Downshift prevention is far too aggressive since 1.5 Apr 2, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Kunos please prevent servers from misleading about the number of users logged in Dec 9, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues How to prevent app windows from wrong moving ? really annoing. Mar 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room How to prevent replay recording? Mar 8, 2015
    General modding discussion Super simple, easy and free way to totally 100% prevent all online content mismatches Nov 7, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Preventing Cheating Dec 23, 2013
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Cant select neutral Oct 21, 2018
    ACC Physics Bentley stuck in neutral when using manual engine start Oct 17, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Bentley selected gear on pit speed limiter display page always neutral Oct 16, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Neutral Button Oct 11, 2018

3. André57

André57 Racer

I use the gear app from AC app bar on the left side bar. Just drag the mouse at right edge of screen the bar will pop, scroll and select Gear.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

If a car lets you shift to neutral while moving there is nothing you can do except changing your downshift behaviour. Shift slower, look at the dashboard/HUD or even count your gears down in your head.
    If you sometimes get two shifts for one button press you'll need to set debouncing higher.

5. DavideVR 2

DavideVR 2 Rookie

Ok thaks. is that i suppose...
    I play also on acc and there is not possibile to shift down in neutral when the car is still moving, here in acc you can also put the rear shift :(
    my hope was that there was the possibility of making a modification of the configuration file or at least an app that would solve this lack

6. ohjeah

ohjeah Simracer

In what kind of situation do you accidentally change to neutral? Just concentrate on the gears and focus on knowing what gear you're using and soon it shouldn't be a problem anymore.