1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How do you guys create videos for YouTube?

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by dkwuan, Jan 13, 2014.

1. dkwuan

dkwuan Racer

I would love to know how to make high quality replay videos for publishing to YouTube? I want to showcase AC in the absolute highest quality possible. I play on maximum settings at 2560x1600. YouTube supports up to 1440p streaming and I would like to format my videos at this setting to show off the amazing graphics in this game.

Question is, what recording app do you guys use and exactly what do to get it on youtube at its maximum setting? Will FRAPS work? I would appreciate if anyone knowledgeable in this field could please post a step by step detailed tutorial on how to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance! I look forward to share some of my AC videos with all of you.

2. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

Hey,

Here are a few quick tips:
    • record your footage at the same resolution your video will be published on youtube, also same framerate. If you go for 1080p at 60fps your in-game settings should be 1080p and at least 60fps.
    • I record my footage using nVidia's ShadowPlay feature. If you don't have an nVidia graphics card try to use dxtory or bandicam
    • record in h.264 format
    • get an easy to use but not "family" video editor (I used Adobe Premiere for 1 month trial, it was a good app, now I use PowerDirector something, something -- it's pretty cheap, but it has its downfalls)
    • export your videos in h.264 format since that's the format YouTube is using
    • sound should be 192 kbps or above
    • remember: downsampling or upsampling will make the video look like crap... from my experience at least. You can check my videos here: OV1 Racing YouTube channel. If you like the quality then you can follow my advice :) (try the latest videos, as those are the ones that I used these tips on)
    Hope this helps! Good luck!

paulieGTR and mclarenf1papa like this.
  3. Danny Irving

Danny Irving Racer

4. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Youtube does not support 60fps as far as I know. So capping your replay video at 30fps should be fine (easier to capture & lower file size).
    I use FRAPS because it's easy to use, not too expensive and does its job well. If you have an NVIDIA video card though, Shadowplay is the way to go!

5. zyfygi

zyfygi Gamer

What graphics card do you have? If NVIDA, shadowplay is better then most other solutions out there for recording raw footage.

6. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

I used to use Bandicam, but after a while I got some serious frame drops using it. Since then I started using nVidia ShadowPlay which works like a charm. Also, recording at 60fps (if you system doesn't dip below that, ever) is a good thing. YouTube will automatically reduce the framerate to 30fps, but the thing is better quality will always give you better results, even if you're reducing the framerate...

@dkwuan if you need technical info, please pm me, I'll give you the bitrate and everything.

7. juDDen

juDDen Rookie

Shadowplay just work if you have higher gcard than gtx 600

8. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

+ 1 for shadow play, it works a treat.

9. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

i use shadow play to record from my GTX Titan, then i port all the video footage over to my Mac were i edit in Final Cut Pro X, before uploading it to you tube ;)