1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How do you take "clean" screenshots?

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Varo16, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Varo16

Varo16 Racer

I mean, like this. This is a screen from kelnor34, which I took from the screenshots thread:
    [​IMG]

And this is, for example, a screen of mine:
    [​IMG]

You see, it's like less quality, less clear, less focused... I don't know if it's something of the photomode settings, JPG compression or what. Thanks.

2. AvGas

AvGas Gamer

Pause the replay? I don't mess around with any photo options when grabbing screenshots, in fact I just use the Steam hotkey, not the assetto hotkey. My screenshots seem to look more like yours than Kelnor34.

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You bump up the resolution for one. DSR 4K for Nvidia for example, then max out settings, PP and recflection quality.

Edit: and, kelnor34 likely uses custom filters for screenshots too. ThereĀ“s sharper and clearer filters than ks defaults.

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

You can use
    • a high resolution (native or through downsampling)
    • a high anti-aliasing setting (and perhaps transparency AA through the driver)
    • a post processing filter with [CHROMATIC_ABERRATION] ENABLED=0 and [DOF] EDGE_QUALITY=3 (or higher, explained here)
    • use the photomode to get the shot you want and to set the DoF how you want
    • also useful is setting [SCREENSHOT] FORMAT=BMP in the ...\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini for screenshots without compression to later convert them in higher quality with an image editing software.

fr13del and Dookie like this.
  5. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

Most people in screenshot thread are using mod filters/Weathers.

also much easier to work with the dev photo app.I already explained this in my answer to your pm.

Edit: I use steam F12 to take shots. you can set it to take the shots uncompressed=png

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Dookie likes this.