1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How does AM scores for PRO and PRO-AM?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ALR Ricardokil, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

well there is another element - you need to stay above a certain amount of points to get that rank. possibly something is wrong, or you didn't yet "level up".
    Right now I'm on the driver profile menu, it will be easier to track what happens

2. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

I got the message about promotion to silver on 8900 in AI race and got instantly downgraded to bronze after one red lap in hotstint (ratings even went up couple of points) so didn't have a chance to check if my category changed in online. After that i did few clean 30 minutes sessions with AI and hotstints and nothing. Seems pretty random at the moment.

3. since there is going to be driver swaps a car can get the proam label if the entourage is formed by both pro and am drivers.
    bronze, silver, gold, platinum are only related to driver ability (IN GAME, not screming...).
    so it's smart to think that pro and am are help settings related. and it's fair because stability control makes a huge difference pad or not ( I played both with no helps still 99 pace...)
    so if you are fast, fair, consistent and a good racer you get gold or even platinum. but if you use stability control you are am, so you cannot compete with pro drivers.
    it's fair.it's right. it's smart. I strongly hope it is the way they chose.
    just to clarify stability control if forbidden for all drivers in bgts.
    and pro and am categories has not necessary to be the same as in realty.
    yet is the devs do not want to use this categorization, I suggest to completely remove the stability help.
    that's what I think: I accept a distinction between stability users and pro users, or I accept no stability control, but I will never accept to mix sc users with pro users with no categorization.
    what do you think @Minolin ?

4. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Again, why are you so against users with stability control? The only reason I'm actively arguing with your points are because for about a year, I was a user that used stability control in Project CARS 2 as I just couldn't survive properly without it. I can now, no problem whatsoever, but still, when I used stability control I would class myself as a fair driver, I was very clean, and I was fast. So if I was placed in your scenario, where drivers that use stability, good or bad, are thrown into the AM category, then I would be consistently at the top end of that field, due to the fact I had the pace and skills mostly of a pro driver. I could keep up with a pro driver, however my rank would be AM, which just wouldn't make sense. I personally don't think it's fair to punish drivers that use stability too much, especially restricting their class to Am. At least allow them within the ranks of Pro-Am or Silver (Am and silver rated).

5. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Son, I kinda don't understand your statement. You are saying that you were as equally fast and clean as 'pro' drivers with stability control. Well, if the stability control does not contributes to being clean and fast, then turn it off. But if it does play part then this is clear advantage for you which wouldn't be fair.
    If it isn't real-life system, like TC and ABS then it should be considered unfair to the rest of the drivers.

WardogZ, Dookie, Cascader and 4 others like this.
  6. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Most likely, higher class servers would not allow any stability control, so you having PRO rating with assists and entering this server without ability to use them has a potential to ruin races for others. But again, this is all speculations as no one here knows how the finished system will work.

7. use your brain. it's an advantage not the opposite looooooooooooooooool

8. I did not see his nick was Son. I thought you were talking like a father to his son. :D

LeiF, Madsen and Salvatore Amato like this.
  9. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Fair enough.

10. ▣ HiTzz

▣ HiTzz Gamer

yeah and lets put to am class whoever uses safe preset setup /s

11. ▣ HiTzz

▣ HiTzz Gamer

wait a minute is he talking about traction/abs or stability control in menu options, under assists? :D

12. im talking about stability control in the assits menu lol. it should not even be implemented or at least cause AM class categoryzing
    don't misread me XD

WardogZ likes this.
  13. ▣ HiTzz

▣ HiTzz Gamer

Oh then, yeah that would make sense :)

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  14. Son, don't mind, most of us think that stability control is an heresy in a sim and that is made for children to play from time to time.
    I honestly think that one of the benefits of not having kids is to not have to share ACC. :D

Son likes this.
  15. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

Do i have not enough points for Silver ???

Attached Files:

MathMilitary likes this.
  16. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

You have more than enough. It has been explained earlier in the thread that there is a bug and Minolin is working on it.

Madsen likes this.
  17. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

Not working now, I'm a 8991 rating, I'm Bronze

18. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Hi @Minolin , did you have the time to investigate this?

Taylor8 likes this.
  19. Taylor8

Taylor8 Rookie

I am also showing ‘AM’ in multiplayer with a Total score or around 8,400. Should this be Silver (PRO-AM)? I know it doesn’t really matter at this early stage of Early Access anyway.

20. pro and am are for the car not for the driver level directly.