1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

How does tire status work

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by tlsmikey, Jul 13, 2019.

1. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

i looked at the blogs but I don’t see an explanation on how the tire temps and wear work. I see the brake disc temps are the little areas on the inside but what do the bars mean on the tire?

Is that temp or wear or both?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Wheel does not rotate after tire puncture Jan 7, 2020
    Chit Chat Room how much does the tire wear off? Apr 21, 2014
    ACC Virtual Reality 'World' moves forward when my Head does Yesterday at 6:48 AM
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions What does the Future look like ? Thursday at 3:33 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Game doesn't start up, no logs generated Wednesday at 4:12 PM
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions When does it come for console? Nov 20, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Update 24 February ,how does it work ? Nov 20, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Where does Nico Rosberg get his cars and tracks Nov 16, 2021
    General modding discussion Reset to track mod or app. Does it exist? Aug 12, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Why does this game force me to use R2/L2 for throttle/Brake (Analouge Controller) Aug 12, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Special Event #117 doesn't record time as hotlap superpole Jul 1, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Free camera does not work. VR user Jun 30, 2021
    ACC User Interface [1.7.11] Loading screen doesn't show opponent count in SP; wrong time of day Jun 20, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions SPECIAL EVENTS DOES NOT RECORD MY TIME Jun 13, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Bug in Track Competence... Does not allow CP servers to participate Jun 12, 2021

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

The 3 bars for each tyre are I M O (Inside, Middle, Outside) they expand and contract based on tyre PSI and change colour based on tyre temperature. Aim to get all 3 bars the same height. If the center bar is high it means your tyre is overinflated and visa versa.

4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Awesome. Thanks

Coanda likes this.
  5. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

And when it comes to tyre pressure, what is the ideal value? Is there a valid number for all cars, or does it vary depending on the car you choose?

6. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Racer

Tire pressure depends on car, setup, track temp, track condition, brake temp, camber,... Use the practice sessions to figure out good ballparks. Generally,lower track temp means higher pressure. Choose pressure for when you want the tires to come in, so higher for qually, lower for race depending how far into the stint you want the tires at their optimum, keeping in mind that as they wear and fuel drops, temps tend to come down, unless you don't adjust your technique and overdrive. Then there is the weather forecast...enjoy balancing all that

Tim Meuris likes this.
  7. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I always aim for 28psi hot pressures on all four corners. So I have a baseline setup, and save setups with different pressures with a track temp in the filename so I have easy access to suitable setups.

Tim Meuris, BlivAK and Coanda like this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Hopefully the setup notes will be turned on soon.