1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How is your consistency?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, Feb 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

I'm curious to know what is your consistency during races?

I'm probably not the fastest driver comparing to others but I think I'm relatively consistent when it comes to race pace. I finished a good race yesterday where I was completely in the zone and was happy to see in the results that I was setting some rather similar laptimes (screenshot attached).

IIRC it was Hungaroring. Not sure how good the laptimes arecomparing to others but I'm definitely happy about the close deltas. Doesn't happen always but I think I'm generally within half a second from the previous lap.

What about you?

[​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions FFB inconsistency/lag Sep 19, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Noob question - Car Control and Consistency Feb 20, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Alien AI consistency/level Feb 15, 2021
    ACC Physics NSX Evo Rod Length inconsistency Jan 15, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Consistency rate 99 with DualShock4 possible? Jul 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Consistency not counting Jun 29, 2020
    ACC User Interface Consistency chart bugged May 26, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards CN - Consistency - How does it work? Jan 20, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [1.1.2] Consistency (CN) Rating Graph Dec 9, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Random Consistency Drop? Sep 12, 2019
    ACC Gameplay little default setup inconsistency on Nissan GT-R (2015) Aug 23, 2019
    ACC User Interface Small bug with consistency rating ui Jul 15, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Spa "inconsistency" kerb May 30, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Consistency Rating session info bug(driver profile) Nov 24, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Rating HUD ( + need look to CONSISTENCY rating) Oct 14, 2018

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

ACC has a real cool Hot Stint feature so you can compare against others using that, the hotstint is just you on a track so will show consistency better then in a real race where you may be slowed by traffic. However how you can deal with traffic is another important aspect of racing pure solo pace over longer runs will show consistency best if that's what you want to compare.

In special events there are hot stints setup in a few combo's with a running leader board to compare against others. I haven't ran the current build much as I mostly prefer MP racing and am waiting for when that is updated. But in all past builds there were short hot stints setup of 8 minutes 20, 30 and 1hr. In the final build I would hope they have a hot stint even for all tracks at various distances and weather conditions open for all cars, there we could compare our pace against others in the same car and also against our pace and others in all other cars which would make that feature even more interesting.

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

When i am pushing for HOTLAP for example i get 50-70% of my laps invalidated...luckily it is not spins and massive track cuts it is just pushing to hard over some turns and lap gets invalidated. (example PR T1 inside curb,Turn5 that curb on left ,Hungaroring T4 sometimes and Chicane etc.etc.) just small off track ends up invalidating my lap. During the races i am more consistent and way less invalid laps

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

That's where the hotstint is such a cool feature, going invalid is a 1 sec time penalty so you really don't want to make a silly error and throw time away to gain a tenth or less. It teaches you more to push hard but stay in control more then a hotlap session where only that 1 good valid lap counts. Running these are much like when I have ran league races and you push all race and need to try avoid making mistakes, its down to your average pace not just one off "lucky laps"

Even for a real qualy session being able to be fast but clean is more critical then a hotlap as you will have limited time to set a lap. Quite often you may only get 1 or 2 laps with good tyres and minimal traffic, there you need to go as fast as possible but go invalid or make a big error your lap is wasted. Being fast and consistent is generally more important then just being fast 1 in 20 laps if all the stars align and you fluke a lap. ;) Having said that generally to be able to set top 10 lap times you need to be able to hit your marks and so the guys that can do this can also fairly easily set very competitive times in a race stint or in a limited time/laps qualy session.

Son likes this.
  6. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Where do you see this 1 sec. time penalty? I've never seen it or got notified of it. In results screen or message pop up or where?

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It shows up on your timing in car, I don't think it shows in final results but should be added to lap time and overall time. It pops up as a little icon +1sec or+2sec etc after more off tracks to the right of your current time or maybe lap. Maybe in results it shows these laps as red but its been a little while since I did a hotstint so not sure know about the red laps.

8. earlyapex

on the in car hud or the on screen apps?

9. Arlo

Arlo Racer

in the top left corner next to the timing.

10. earlyapex

oh ok, i dont use that app, thanks

11. trutya

trutya Simracer

for me it's very much car depending :D

i try to finish a sprint race (weekend) at Zolder, using Lambo. i started it 2-3 times (never had the time to finish the race, but at least i want to do the pit stop).
    i could be in top3 but somehow i manage to make mistakes all the time, 1-2 times in the 30min stint (jumping on curb mostly)
    right now i'm suffering with that. yesterday i started a sprint race from P3, i got up to P2 but the leader got away with like 7-8s after like 20min. then i had 2 spins close to each other, losing together like 40-45s... consistency dropped down now to 88, it used to be between 88-92.
    still didn't abandon the goal to make one good race fighting for podium.

12. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm able to be incredibly consistent with ACC. At one point I thought the delta timer was broken because it stayed on 0.0 throughout the lap and it wasn't until I lifted so I could quit and see what was wrong that it went negative. I surprised myself.

It's easy to get distracted though, especially coming to the end of the longer stints. All the apps are actually a distraction I didn't really look into it but it would be nice to turn them off on.

Fabri Fibra likes this.
  13. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Pretty good in AC1, pretty bad in ACC. Don't know why yet.

14. For me, I think, it's actually the opposite. In ACC the limit of adhesion seems a bit wider so once you get into the input optimizing phase you might start ticking frustratingly consistent lap times. Frustratingly because it's hard to find those "that kerb rotated me nicely and I gained 3 tenths" -prizes. In AC moments like that were quite a bit more frequent for me and that of course also means some pace variance.

15. RensOss

RensOss Rookie

Depending on Quali and Race its different. In quali i get alot of invalid laps just to try and get quicker.. Im mostly not the quickest but 3rd or 4th quickest in a lobby of 20. However in races im quite a bit slower but mostly in the top 5 even if the start is a massive crash that i get involved in. So im quite happy about my consistency since im normaly within 0.200 of a sec quicker or slower.

However if i have a car infront of me or i start batteling i could be quite a bit slower since you caught up with someon and its not always easy to pass someon who is just a little bit slower.

16. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm the opposite. I'm not that fast over 1 or 2 laps. In the race though I tend to get faster as the race goes on, I'll often start putting in my fastest laps towards more than half way in. So i'm obviously leaving a lot of time on track when I'm qualifying if I can go faster on worn tyres. I'm also more consistent and faster if I've got a car in front of me to chase.

Son likes this.
  17. Bethasia

Bethasia Rookie

When you work it out let me know. I am better in AC with a 68 Holden Monaro in reverse gear than any car/track combo in ACC.

18. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I'm the exact same, I am way better when following someone. I think it might be the fact you're focusing a bit more on keeping up, as well as the adrenaline.

Turk, Arlo and p.g.49 like this.
  19. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

That could also be due to a couple of other things as it was the same for me in iRacing until recently.
    Most recent example at Road Atlanta in a CTS-V

The first thing to remember is that slipstreaming makes a huge difference on long straights which is only possible when racing others.
    And also tyre temperature vs car setup, you might be better with a slightly looser setup and when the tyres are still fresh, albeit in temperature, they are not as loose and you then need to be a lot smoother with the steering input.
    Finally, practice practice practice. And practice some more.

Son likes this.
  20. trutya

trutya Simracer

the massive stutters also aren't helping the consistency when it's about hitting the lines and braking zones perfectly... especially at Zolder

21. hunt3r972

hunt3r972 Rookie

Maybe I don't get how it works but my CN rating is crap. When I race I have to deal with other cars on track which means my L1 gonna be rubbish on time because I'll brake and change my trajectory a lot more because of the traffic. Then when I'll have less traffic on L2 my laptime gonna increase by like 2 secs ... and my CN will be lower by 1 because the algorithm consider it unconsistent. Same problem with SA rating which will be lowered even when the AI is driving into my car while I hold my racing line.

Well as I said maybe I don't get how to really increase it.