1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How is your Rating today?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ecnelis, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I agree with the 0/0 problem, when I find myself a bit low on SA what I end up doing is not qualifying and try to overtake slower people cleanly. It's the best way I found. An other quite pernicious effect that that system has is that you can farm SA behind someone slower and not doing anything. When there is like 5min left and I'm catching someone and there is nobody near us, I have a tendency to just stay behind him and wait the end to overtake.

David Danser, Chris 576 and XettMan like this.
  2. If this is the answer then the system is definitely broken

mitchgixer6 and David Danser like this.
  3. David Danser

David Danser Racer

On paper the system sounds broken, but my rating is always 95+ so for me it doesnt matter much. But I think there should be a bigger reward for driving alone within the limits of the track. .

If you do that you can also penalise contact a little more.

4. Poloman

Poloman Racer

If you need to grind SA, you dont deserve it.
    My SA climbed to 90 pretty quickly, and even with some idiots hitting me on purpose it hasnt fallen below that, i am not even extra carefull, i just jump in and race.
    If you have enough time for CP races, there are some 30+ minutes servers with >60 SA that you can get SA easily, IF you deserve it.
    I even think it is too easy.

Vítor Sousa and mike reynolds like this.
  5. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

As long as you're racing others the sa is fine and (maybe even too?) easy to keep high. The problem is the low thrust/low obwp sessions. If you're driving alone (in the lead being much faster than others or alone in a server practising etc) the sa drops because the race sessions that gained you sa are replaced by these "meaningless" sessions, no matter how well or cleanly you drive cause there's is no thrust gained..

Swaa, David Danser and JakubFranek like this.
  6. mitchgixer6

mitchgixer6 Gamer

Not always that easy tbh. Even if you do lots of online races there's no guarantee that you're going to end up battling for position. More times than not I end up on my own as most drivers on public servers leave after the first 5 minutes when they realise they're not going to win.

It must be down to my recent history but when someone hits me I always lose 1 SA point. I was up at 92 and have dropped off to 84, thanks to being hit from behind almost every race and that's with the bonus points for finishing. I'm looking to drive on league servers now, public servers are just carnage.

7. Greg Spicer

Greg Spicer Rookie

I agree with comments above, if you find yourself alone on an online race there is little incentive to carry on because you can only gain a minimal SA gain for completing, other than that it is either neutral or you can actually loose SA because you ave too many neutral races. this seems a bti crazy to me. There shoud be some reward for clean/controlled driving, even if it is not weighted as heavily as racing close with another driver.

Having said that, racing against the AI making sure you have zero contact is quite fun by itself!

mitchgixer6 likes this.
  8. Poloman

Poloman Racer

I think races with more than 20 cars,and at least 20 minutes,actually work.
    Even if you engage in a T1 accident you can still get trust,just dont rush the overtakes,read the car in front first.

Vítor Sousa and Fremen_78 like this.
  9. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I agree, everytime the server is half empty after 2 laps. I always finish my races even if I have a 1min repair just to train myself on the circuit but it's a bit boring that everytime you have the smallest problem, you are alone in the middle of nowhere (even on small tracks where cars are less spread out). If nobody left the racing would be more fun as fighting even for last place can be entertaining.

David Danser likes this.
  10. Roy_33

Roy_33 Gamer

Yeah, it would be nice if there is some sort of penalty when you leave a race early, like in the 1st 75 percent, if you completed that distance then there is no penalty, to make people think before the enter a server and quit a race early

Black Puddin, Oxie, Rema84 and 3 others like this.
  11. SlowLarry

SlowLarry Gamer

Rating for me was a thing in the first weeks of early access. It has been vastly improving ever since. Its not perfect, but it was still worth going for it. Now i have had a 95+SA since about a year now, but today i found something funny or unusual and thought id share it. Must have been one hell of a kilometre....
    [​IMG]

12. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I believe there is Trust allocated to you for getting to the end of a race, so there is an incentive to finish and be clean enough that you get the car home.

13. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I'm sure this is far easier said than done, but I wonder if it would be possible that the SA increases as a result of good, close racing (as it does currently) but can only reduce as a result of OBPW? That way practicing, qualifying, hot-lapping, leading a race, etc. wouldn't count against you because of the system 'forgetting' previous good sessions.

ohjeah likes this.
  14. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

In CP servers leaving the race early did penalise your CP rating.

15. Rema84

Rema84 Gamer

Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.05.26 - 18.58.14.41.png

Reached today 97 CN and feel pretty happy

JanR likes this.
  16. David Danser

David Danser Racer

That is true, but you can have as many off tracks and DT's as you can and it will remain the same.
    Maybe increase the trust you get after a race but deduct one point for every offtrack

Dont get me wrong I think in the first place SA is too easy to obtain. But it could be more balanced. More negative points for contacts and offtracks. And maybe a bigger trust at the end.

17. Dom Tuso

Dom Tuso Gamer

I think you are right, too easy to obtain. However some AI needs to be added to the OBWP system because I find it amusing I can get hit with 7 OBWP for being hit by a torpedo from behind. Yes, I am "awarded" with 5 to 7 OBWP when someone rams me from behind. Kunos, please put some AI into this.

18. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Goes up, goes down, sometimes because of my actions (over driving, going off track etc), sometimes because of other peoples actions (impatience, ramming, spinning etc)

Personally I don't pay that much attention to it but it's nice when CC and CN seem to take a rapid climb after a few races of steady decent.

19. Goes To 11

Goes To 11 Gamer

I ran a race on a competition server last week and my cp rating went from 0 to 1. I haven't been in a multiplayer race since but my cp rating went up to 4. Why would my cp rating go up without racing?

20. moreno.mail

moreno.mail Rookie

Hello guys, I'm experiencing a lot of issues with the rating system, basically it is not showing, even the tracks stats...is it just me or something on the online game side?

Thanks a lot!

Fremen_78 likes this.