1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

How key resellers are potentially ruining developers.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mantasisg 2, Mar 8, 2018.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

So in our little Facebook community of lithuanian simracers, I have frequently seen G2A being mentioned, and wit ha crazy low prices, I have never really looked into it, but now after seeing this video, I am quite amazed that such thing was never mentioned.

I wonder if it is all true, and if Kunos ever suffered from this.

Also I'd like to share this video, and if it really is like that, then I think no one with self respect and should use that site:

Horus and Typer like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Early access Steam keys from resellers Nov 15, 2013
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions XBOX One Keyboard Help Mar 21, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Xbox S Hidden Keyboard Controls Confirmed Mar 19, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Any plans for console to get text chat and keyboard support Mar 16, 2021
    ACC User Interface Suggestion: hotkey mapping to change HUD/Rating Mar 8, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing on launch - black screen [Corsair K65 keyboard blocking directinput control enumeration] Mar 7, 2021
    ACC User Interface Hotkey to restart? Feb 18, 2021
    Chit Chat Room ESC Key from session falls back to main menu Feb 12, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Keyboard not responsive in ACC Feb 1, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Keyboard functionality or cockpit adjustment Dec 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Remapped master volume keys not working Dec 7, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues PS4 Gamepad no key mapping Nov 27, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Control Bindings with Key Combinations [Feature Request] Nov 23, 2020
    ACC User Interface menu controls (UI) stopped responding to keyboard and wheel Nov 22, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions DIY Arduino Button Boxes for XBox (from thread: keyboard shortcut for TC-cut increase/decrease) Nov 22, 2020

3. mms

mms Alien

Well, someone should just tell those Scumbag Steves that it's much easier to launder their money buying and selling bitcoins lol

EDIT: BTW, I only buy games (the very few ones I own) from their official sources, whenever it's possible from the developers website, IMO they are the only ones entitled to get rewarded for their hard work...

Christopher Low likes this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Honestly, **** G2A and anyone who supports them (sponsorships, partnerships or whatever). The basic idea of the service is commendable suppose (digital second-hand resale in theory), but G2A has been going about it in just about the scummiest, most anti-consumer ways possible with plenty of potential issues for developers. And then issues like mentioned in this video I didn't even know about... I don't like the business practices of some devs/publishers either but I'd much rather support devs of games I like directly through official channels (stores, crowdfunding) on their terms.

5. Horus

Horus Alien

I used it once and the game never worked so thought it was a scam. I would have never thought about the criminality going on, being an honest person you do not think people would be so dishonest. Thank you for sharing the video.

6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yup G2A is shady. They try (or more like tried and succeeded, but now the word has gotten out more) to keep "respectable" facade, by sponsoring and sending xmas gifts etc. to known YouTubers etc. but lot of those dropped their G2A sponsorhip/links as soon the word got out more. (Some sadly still use it, like TheSLAPTrain) Also, sometimes key are indeed revoked, happened to a friend of mine. He bought Hitman 2016 from there, and after 2 weeks Steam revoked the key and game stopped working.

But imo more disturbing than the idea of the key not working, is that indeed lots of keys are bought with stolen credit card data. You maybe think that's too cheap to resist, but what if this was yours / family members credit card that was stolen, account emptied. And used to buy 10 000 steam key, to sell then on G2A.

Very good video, not many people are aware they support money laundering by buying from there. And sadly, I've bought from there too when I didn't know of this. Not AC/DLCs though. My keys worked, but still it doesn't mean they were legal.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Typer and Horus like this.
  7. Octane

Octane Simracer

I've found that these sites work well for EA and Ubisoft games only.

just kidding!