1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How many hours per week do you run the Sim?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Sep 7, 2019.

1. pigsy

pigsy Racer

Less and less now. Don't want to start a new championship because I'm waiting for the 1.08 version to drop. This next update is taking ages.

bgil66 likes this.
  2. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yes that is an expensive upgrade and also what I need to change in my system, glad to hear it has given a pleasing improvement :)
    I have something in the pipeline so with any luck should be able to enjoy ACC in the near future without performance issues leading to barrier related mishaps LOL

bgil66 and After_Midnight like this.
  3. Fingers crossed mate :)

LeiF likes this.
  4. less then 10 minutes a week. i always fire it up, start a session and instantly think, there is no reason to race acc. so i fire up iracing. :p

swannyuk and bgil66 like this.
  5. Nothing currently. waiting on VR improvements.

Pheebau and bgil66 like this.
  6. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

A bit of a flawed question IMO as some race way more overall than others. So I'll go into how much of my racing time is spent in ACC, which is like 70-80%.
    Personally I have maybe 3-6 hours a week to race. And I tend to try to spend those on ACC, that said I frequent a community that focuses almost entirely on AC so I'm pulled away by that.

7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

It's not a flawed question, it is an easy and curious question. When I say "in the sim" it's not AC it is in ACC, simple.

8. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Yes. it is a simple question with a straight answer, which is fine. The flaw to me is that if you start comparing people you don't take the total hours of simracing per person into account.
    If I spent 20 hours simracing a week and 5 of them in ACC, I only dedicate 25% to ACC, while someone who has only 5 hours a week plays for 4 hours dedicate 80% of their playtime to ACC despite doing fewer hours.
    If you are gauging the total interest you need to consider that IMO.

I'm well aware that the point wasn't to make statistics from this and stuff, so arguing further would be a bit of a digression from the topic.

9. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

No time at all currently as I have sciatica, which makes sitting down for more than 5 minutes very painful.

Looking forward to being over it so I can put some time in.

10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Feel better and hope relief is in site

Plastic_Manc likes this.
  11. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, couple of weeks and I'll be racing again.

bgil66 likes this.
  12. every day as much as i can, ACC and AC of course

bgil66 likes this.
  13. swannyuk

swannyuk Racer

To be honest, 20minutes here and there for a hotlap session.

Last time I played for longer I did a 3 hour enduro in 3 sittings but the saved games screwed up the delta time so it went red as soon as I crossed the line and kept going + until I crossed the line again then repeated. This seemed to screw up my ratings. Also the AI just sat behind me when I was struggling for grip, even when I went wide so that was boring.

So this combined with lack of features I was interested in such as driver swaps, pit crew etc has killed it for me.

Hoping the 2019 content and any graphics fixes they come up with will see me on it again.

bgil66 and Sentry87 like this.
  14. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't get the chance to play nearly as much as I'd like. I have to pack away my rig when not in use so generally it only comes out every other weekend when I have the chance. When I do set it up I might spend 3-6 hours playing over that weekend. I'd love nothing more than to be able to jump into the rig when the mood hits me.

bgil66 and swannyuk like this.
  15. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

zero.

swannyuk and bgil66 like this.
  16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

So why are you here ?

17. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Excuse me? Who am I talking to?

18. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

It’s a fair question. If you’re not playing ACC at all, why are you posting on the forums? Seems a bit pointless.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  19. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I could reply that I don't like the game right now and check the forum to see when next updates will come up??
    But hey.. no.. hurts the sensitity of funboys

Racert46 and bgil66 like this.
  20. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Around 10 per week in ACC and simrace at all. Rarely starting another race sim after ACC came.
    Tried AC,RRE and IR but didn't go anywhere, wasted 2 months IR subscription already, as everytime I try it I just see how big the GAP between it and ACC is..